Emerson Shield 2006

yeah just what i said, we kicked a$$ :p

who's stupid idea was it to keep emerson stats, the story was sounding great until then ;)

Woza said:
The zone is right Warragul has never fielded a side as for Cranbourne I dont know
It will be interesting to see where the Zone Final is

cranbourne dont enter (yet i'm still working on it) if i can incress my skill and learn how to bowl at narree i might try and enter the narre team

Gatsby said:
Narre Warren
Ed Fleming Lanes (Mooroolbark)
Rosebud
Morwell
Mentone
Sale
Greensborough

Have heard that this zone is off to Sale for its Zone final this year.

Yes that is correct Lance, the zone final is at Sale.

Woza, not sure if Sale is fielding a team or not this year. At Sale Emmerson is run by the owners and not the association, unlike Morwell. I guess that is only something that can be answered by the Manners. :(

Liz

cranbourne dont enter (yet i'm still working on it) if i can incress my skill and learn how to bowl at narree i might try and enter the narre team

With the possibility of Mac and Lance bowling for Narre, starting spots may be at a premium!!!

From what i hear, it is quite possible that Warrnambool bowl won't be around for August 20 - Zone final. That may interest the bowlers in the western zone. Who knows, we may even be shifting from the newly laid synthetics that Warrnambool now has, over to 40 year old full roller boards in Colac for the zone??

OK I have a question?

Who sets the dates for the Zone Finals.

I have today found out that the Eastern Zone final being held at Sale, is on August 26th & 27th.

This is clashing with the Hobart Cup, a nationally ranked event, and part of the Vic Grand Prix Series.

Are we not able to hold the finals on a weekend that does not clash with a nationally ranked event, or part of the GP Series.

With the date change of the SPC, are we not able to look at holding the ZONE finals on the following weekend, which does not clash with a nationally ranked event, that also happens to be being bowled at the centre of the Aust. Nationals a month later, INC Rachuig, WDV & Seniors, and is looking like being a great chance to a feel for the bowl in Tassie prior to the event.

Just my thoughts, and not sure if it effects anyone else at all, but if other Zones are on this same weekend in August other bowlers may just be effected as well.

This is now the second year in a row the eastern zone has clashed with an event listed on the calendar. Last year the Mildura Marathon, this year the Hobart Cup.

Lance, our zone roll is on August 5th and 6th. My understanding is that all zone roll offs are to be held by a certain date and each zone can have a different date. As to who sets the date you would have to enquire within your centre management as it is a goldpin event it should be run by the centre and not the association. I'm sure Joe will be able to answer that question for you.

It is a shame that events are clashing and I hope you guys can possibly amend the date to bowl in both, good luck.

Paige

Not too long to go now before each of the zone roll offs. I would imagine Centres are having their team roll offs pretty soon - i think ours is early June. Does any centre already have their team decided?

I look forward to getting Craigs odds for the zone of death - the west.
Werribee - 2005 Men's runner up
Melton 2004 Mens winner
Warrnambool 2006 CCup winners
Ballarat - will they be full strength??
Geelong - 2003 Emerson winners (2004 R/Up) and 2005 CCup winner
Colac - full roller brigade with home ground "advantage" and lots of lefties for the left handers ditch.

It might even get this thread up and running again - all has been pretty quiet since the CCup finished.

Bary Glack

gazza

this thread will fail, 2006 has already been decided, i think we should move straight onto 2007

we could always talk about the dream team league, where i pumped mr garioch on the weekend :)

or you could gloat about how well your travelling too gazza

or i could speak about how i am gonna pump porto this week in the league, to add to the disasterous week he has had inflicted on him, by me already

early odds

werribee 1/20 without having the side picked

Yeah....lets talk about the dream team ladder, where I am sitting first and smacked you last weekend. :D

Btw...Werribee will be short price faves at home this year. Team is looking very ominous. But other teams have failed at home before ;)

Gatsby said:
Werribee - 2005 Men's runner up
Melton 2004 Mens winner
Warrnambool 2006 CCup winners
Ballarat - will they be full strength??
Geelong - 2003 Emerson winners (2004 R/Up) and 2005 CCup winner
Colac - full roller brigade with home ground "advantage" and lots of lefties for the left handers ditch.

This will be a very very interesting zone roll-off Gary, Colac may actually advantage us somewhat as well, more than Warrnambool would have. Unforunately I think Melton will need all the advantage they can get.

For the record:

1. Werribee
2. Colac (if a country cup type lineup, 4th if not)
3. Melton
4. Warrnambool (if an Emerson type line-up, 2nd if a CC type lineup)
5. Geelong
6. Ballarat.

round one, i'm over it, just like round 1 in the real game, anyone can fluke it, even carlton proved that

look buddy, lets talk about this failing at home theory

we all know the only reason geelong lost in 2004 is cause i didn't bowl. experts have already stated this ;)

and the only reason we lost last year, was i went back for a nap when we played you guys on the saturday ask ralph, he's still ropable about me being excused for a couple of hours for a nanna nap, only had to turn a 3-4 into a 5-2 and well, i'd be gloating even more than i currently am.

Oh well at least some talk is happening again.

Werribee unbackable odds at home, even l am willing to say that, oh my GOD.

Hey when do l need to start league down there to be eligible to bowl.....

After all with the dates outlinned for Eastern Zone will not be able to bowl for Narre (which had lured me across from EFL along with Mac Stewart) and this goes for Mac as well, as we are both in Hobart the weekend set down for Zone finals.

Oh well will just have to come and visit and support....ah maybe not get a weekend off

lance

did you contact ray hodge???

also, did you know you can make your team, forfeit the zone and bowl the state, as long as it fits with everyone in your team.

best give ray a call, nothing beats quality opposition, like how many times do you have to beat tothy before he actually shuts up???? and plus, wouldn't mind having a crack at a big mac, or maybe the columbia crew will have a lil wager happening

Werribee's team looks very strong... Hopefully I can get enough to get in it!!

When you have many solid bowlers around the mark, it makes making the team tough indeed.... Will be interesting to see the final average required to make the team.

Back
Top Bottom