Emerson Shield 2006

Carmers

I thought that I would start yet another thread for EMERSON SHIELD this year as Miss Paige kindly pointed out to me that I had not spelled Emmerson correctly. There you go Miss Paige, corrected for you. Now we can all let the old thread drop to the bottom.

Yippee - Emerson 2006 - only 32000 more views and another 900 replies to catch up to last years thread!

And Now Only 31999 more views and 899 replies

Sorry Guys I could'nt resist.....lol

Cheerz
Kevin

so if we keep posting things like this then we will get there in no time at all!!

so how many now, I can't think I'm part blonde! lol

rumour is i might actually bowl emerson this year?thinking it might be some fun especially with all the talking that goes on these posts,who are the favourites to beat this year?who needs a lesson?

Well mac, if you want to start a rumour you have certainly come to the right place!
As for Emerson shield - you have heard correctly it is a lot of fun. Whilst there is a lot of friendly banter on this website, it is also highly competitive bowling.
I have no doubt that you would be welcomed "into the fold" if you do decide to bowl.
Who is the "team to beat", that will change month by month, depending on who is available and then who gets through to the final. Last years winners Shepparton, runners up Werribee, third place Ed Fleming - should all be right up there again.
As for who "needs a lesson", i am pretty sure Craig would love to take up the challenge - but i am sure he will post his own comments (he usually does!)

Werribee would have to be the hottest favourites ever seeing Emerson shield will be held there. Unless of course Chucky moves toanother centre again......:cool:

edfleminglanes said:
Werribee would have to be the hottest favourites ever seeing Emerson shield will be held there. Unless of course Chucky moves toanother centre again......:cool:
So does that mean they are an even hotter favourite than the 1/1000000 that Craig quoted for Geelong in 2004 when they played at home? :p
Zone final is not played at Werribee though. You never know with a division like the one Werribee is in - they may not make the final? Only three teams out of Werribee, Geelong, Melton, Ballarat, Warrnambool & Colac will go through. If Warrnambool and Ballarat field their strongest teams (they did not do that last year) there is no guarantee Werribee would get through - it is (potentially) a very strong division. If they do get through then definitely yes, they would be red hot favourites.
(I did not realize this years venue had been set - do you know about the zone finals venues yet?)

well with the possibility of zone failure it will be interesting to see how the public of geelong support their team.

my bet is melton - werribee & ........................

such a tough call

from what i know we are down to warrnambool for zones

craig said:
well with the possibility of zone failure it will be interesting to see how the public of geelong support their team.
my bet is melton - werribee & ........................
such a tough call
from what i know we are down to warrnambool for zones
If that is the case then Warrnambool would have to come into the equation as a chance to go through - assuming their better bowlers actually bowl - Jason Way averaged 220+ in league for the second season last yr.
I would tend to agree that Melton and Werribee would be pretty likely to go through if held at Warrnambool - but you just never know!

Ballarat team should be stronger this year, hard to go past Warrnambool at home and Colac are always very competitve. It looks like some teams may bowl well and still miss out on the State Final. Should be an interesting weekend
Graeme

granat said:
Ballarat team should be stronger this year, hard to go past Warrnambool at home and Colac are always very competitve. It looks like some teams may bowl well and still miss out on the State Final. Should be an interesting weekend
Graeme
It would not be the first time a strong team missed the final - huh Woza?
I am hoping that the Colac team will also be stronger this year - I need to start convincing Merv and Thommo i think - will be a battle to qualify without at least one of them.

who is in the zone final on the other side of melbourne?thinking of bowling for narre and lance might be joining me what centres would we be up against and where is the zone final?spoke to tothy last night and he reckons i should give it a go will wait and see if everyone at narre wants me to bowl?
cheers

Mac

That zone last year was
Narre Warren
Ed Fleming Lanes (Mooroolbark)
Rosebud
Morwell
Mentone
Sale (did not field a team)

Someone will correct me if i am wrong

what about cranbourne and warigul dont they bother?looks like a fun zone hopefully the centres put in their best teams and make it worth while practice for the final at werribee?

I'm not sure about Warragul and Cranbourne - Emerson is only for Goldpin centres - maybe they are not part of Goldpin?

Be good to see you anyway Mac, I bowled in a lot of Dunn shields and can tell you that Emerson is funner than Dunn ever was. For many many reasons. Read the 2005 thread if you feel like starting a novel ;)

Back
Top Bottom