Emerson Shield 2006

How does the draft work? Who chooses the bowlers for the team? I don't think a vacancy should be able to win points.

Maybe we need to look at a tournament that has successfully implemented a draft system and see why it works for them and not us. Anything that could help wouldn't hurt.

Maybe the centres concerned need to look at the draft system. It was originally put in place to help the smaller centres who may have trouble fielding a full side. By having the draft it might encourage them to enter a team. To date both Juniors and Youth have used the draft. It would seem that the Adults dont cotton onto the draft.

I also think that if you have a problem with the draft that you make contact with Ray Hodge the Goldpin Tournament Director. Ray is always open to suggestions and then it gets tabled at a Goldpin Meeting for all members to vote on. Remember all your centres are able to vote at these Goldpin Meetings thru the owners or Owners representatives.

The main thing to remember is that we want to encourage all centres to enter teams and the draft was there to help make it easier for some of centres.

As Wozza mentioned about Morwell having to use a vacancy in the Zone Final at Sale, I believe that was because one of the bowlers had work comittments.
Sometimes work has to come first, and the good thing is that this same bowler could take his place in the State Final at Werribee.

Maybe next year all the top average bowlers at Morwell will be in the team again and make the State final a lot more interesting. :cool:

We used a vacancy at the Zone Final at Colac. It was felt that a guaranteed 169 at Colac that could win a point was a pretty attractive proposition. If the vacant score could not win a point then there is no doubt I would have recommended to the team to use the draft system.
I believe we should continue to use the draft and set the rules to encourage teams to draft where they can as per Woza's suggestion

I would try to pick someone in the draft from the centre that the state final is being held in if there is one avaliable , or Steve , probably Steve

Chrissy

How could you not go with Steve?
Even if it was to just bowl the minimum games, he would win the team enough points by talking the opposition out of games!! :D

It was an experience!

Back
Top Bottom