Emerson Shield Results - Echuca Bowl

LickwidGreen

Captain
Just like to congratulate all the bowlers that participated in the emerson shield event in echuca.

Well done to Shepperton for coming first with Sunraysia closely to follow by 1 point. They will be in the finals in November at Morwell.

Im not to sure what the exact placings were all together but will try to post it for anyone who is interested.

Small Congrats to Dean McKinnon on bowling a 278 to equal the centre record thats held at the echuca bowl. (Team Deano strikes again!)

On a personal notice i would like to thank the moama sports club on rewarding most of our team with big bucks off the pokies (Go you FAT CAT Go!)
:lol:

LickwidGreen...Although I agree that Deano's 278 game was a worth effort, i have to correct you about the Echuca centre record.

When I left the position of general manager in Echuca in April of 2001 the highest sanctioned game bowled in the centre up until that time was 290 by Mr Tet Chong on lanes 7-8.

I still have a list of the individual lane records in my filing cabinet and it would appear that 278 is the second highest game ever bowled there.
( I can't imagine anyone doing very well on that surface )

At the time of my employment, I had the high games on seven of the twelve lanes but the owners made me take my name down because they didn't think I should be allowed to have a lane record. Isn't that a laugh..hahahahaha!

Wayne

Wayne,
You would think that in a new centre like Echuca, that a manager with your background, would encourage the newer local bowlers by having their names up as lane records, even though the scores may not be as GOOD as yours.

Rob

hehe there actually was the issue of what the actual centre record was after dean bowled his 278, paul kerr actually said the same thing as u and im by all means im not sayin your wrong... but us boys have talked about it and gone with the centre record of 278.. sounds better doesnt it? well does to deano... im not complainin.

LickwidGreen,

I'll repeat what I said earlier......The centre record is 290, bowled by Tet Chong. I was there..I was the centre GM. You can't just make up a record for the hell of it.

bowlrig,

Although I agree with you about encouraging others to aspire to success. A lane record is a lane record! You can't change history. I had my name up as the all-time lane record score and theirs as the current high games.

Well i dont really care what the centre record is but my game was alot better. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Anyway congrats to all that bowled and was an ejoyable weekend.

Look forward to bowling against all in finals in Morwell

Ciao For Now

Dean McKinnon

By the way Mr GM what was you highest sanctioned score there??

Pete i guess some people cant have a bit of fun. Guess next time ill have to go all the way.

Deano

hehehhehe yeah i know deano but in the end it doesnt matter it still was a bloody good score. Good to see your bowling well, i seem to be bowling alright since the bad slump i had after colac c/cup. lookin even more forward to the finals as well as a the melb youth cup. anyways see you tonight deano.

Back
Top Bottom