Emerson Shield - 2007

From 7/8/07
West
Mildura, Horsham, Warrnambool, Colac, Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, North Geelong, Melton (9 teams)

East
Wodonga, Sale, Morwell, Shepparton, Narre Warren, Mentone, Epping, Altona, Echuca (9 teams)

That puts Werribee pretty much as the middle centre (pretty close with Echuca on my map) so I guess a decision would have to be made as to whether they are west or east – I suppose being west of Melbourne they would end up in the western zone – although the Eastern zone looks weaker on paper so maybe they would go there instead.

It is not just a case of saying west of Melbourne GPO and East of GPO because there are 12 places west and only 7 east.

I can see merit in this idea – it means you only have to have two zones and no extra weekend of repechage. It would still mean a lot of travel for a zone final in Sale or Wodonga or Mildura – but better than having to travel twice when you also have to compete in a repechage.

I think it would probably need to be one full round of 9 nine games though – rather than two rounds. This way the smaller centres would still get a chance to host the zone finals. The zone final is only designed to find 5 teams and therefore 9 games should be more than enough to sort out a top 5.

8/8/07
North
Mildura, Horsham, Wodonga, Echuca, Shepparton, Bendigo, Epping, Melton, Ballarat (9 teams)

South
Warrnambool, Colac, Geelong and Nth Geelong, Sale, Morwell, Narre Warren, Mentone, Werribee (9 teams)

Altona is in the middle - if no Echuca then they would go into North otherwise probably go into south.

Travel problem actually is worse this way
Worst case scenario Mildura to Mentone - 575kms - but the next biggest trip (other than Mildura) would be Wodonga to Mentone 350kms
For the South - Warrnambool to Sale 479kms, but then Morwell to W'Bool is 415km -- ie lots of kms for everyone in the south

So east / west would probably be slightly less travel - with the exception of Mildura who cop lots of travel either way.... at least with no repechage they only have to travel once plus a final rather than twice plus a final.

So east / west would probably be slightly less travel - with the exception of Mildura who cop lots of travel either way.... at least with no repechage they only have to travel once plus a final rather than twice plus a final.

I think they know and accept this...E/W would seem the way to go and Mildura should get a zone final fairly regularly to make up for the continual travel.

PS, thanks for the 10/1 on Craig for all stars...should get me a nice little profit :)

Miss Paige -- you certainly are fired up :mad::mad::mad:
Have to make sure i don't take you on this weekend - i might not survive :surrender:

Don't mess with me Gary I can be a firery b*tch - but of course your safe, unless your wearing a skirt on the weekend!!! lmao ;)

I have no hard feelings towards Melton ladies team, things happen, we all have lives outside of bowling. I do hope that the powers that be did their very best to try to fill that vacant spot. And if no one could commit at such late notice then so be it.

It's just a shame that we will be bowling one team down on the weekend. When there were other teams across the state that would have competed if enough time was available to organise everything.

I personally feel from this year that especially in the women's section that the repecharge has not been a good thing. And I think two zones with top five from each to state final would be a good way to go. As for splitting the state up, I'll leave that up to others.

I love the road trips away and I will admit being in Shepparton we are quite central compared to other towns. But the weekend away is all part of the fun (mind you I've never lived in Mildura and have to travel a whole day to get somewhere!!). I guess it comes down to each bowlers personal circumstances and their ability to organise their priorities as they see fit.

Travelling has never been an issue for us, its like paige said, having to have

extra days off for the drive, sometimes creates a problem for a few bowlers.

I personally am very dissappointed with the structure of this years Emerson,

considering our centre was supposed to have zone final, only to be told 3

months before that we didnt. Now ive also been told that the Goldpin

Tournament structure is all changing, meaning we are further down the list

for upcoming Tournaments. :mad:

Unfortunately we were unable to get enough bowlers to bowl repocharge and

get time off for final as well. I was almost going to name a ladies team,

thinking if they didnt get enough we would be staight threw to final. When I

heard if we had put a team in there would have been 5, and a roll off, I was

relieved that i didnt.

But now "BUMMER" we would have loved to bowl this weekend.

Oh well, I'll just have to be satisfied with playing golf all weekend instead :D

Lisa

good luck to all teams competing this weekend in Geelong and may the best teams win or those without the hangovers on Sunday morning.

Good luck to everyone boeling in this emerson shield roll off... May the best teams win....

Cheers Matt

Good luck to Ed Fleming Ladies being the last time that they will bowl under the EFL banner. Lets bow out on a winning note.
Joe T::cool:

mens final standings.

1st- shepparton
2nd-mentone
3rd- geelong
4th- werribee
5th- warrnambool
6th- colac
7th- epping-
8th- narre warren
9th- melton
10- horsham

womens final standings

1st-shepparton
2nd- werribee
3rd- ed fleming
4th- bendigo
5th-epping
6th- narre warren
7th- geelong
8th- warrnambool
9th- mentone

All stars
women
cassie staudinger- 230
kelly jones - 209
denece jones- 207
emily robertson - 200
tarah bull- 195

i have 2 words to say about cassie staudinger BLOODY LEGEND[/B]

men
andrew tonkin- 220
chris hamilton - 217
adam hayes - 216
david porto - 215
doug bear 212

congrats to all the winners.

I would like to congratulate the Werribee Mens team on an absolutely awesome game against Geelong.

To come out and bowl 1282 series with the low game being 246 and high game of 278 was absolutely suberb. :woot_jump:

Well done guys.

On to the women, what a bowler Cassie is to average 230 over her 15 games.

Now for the rest of the women, we all bowled our hearts out this weekend only to have people whinging and complaining that they werent getting a fair go. I bowled 10 games over the weekend the lowest out of all the team but I am not complaining.

This tournment is a team event and if you have something to complain about why can't we be upfront and tell the captain and or coach. The amount of times that I heard someone complaining about the fairness of it all disgusted me. The line ups were chosen for a reason be it to get the games up or because someone has had a bad game. BUT to say that its not fair to be taken off after bowling a 190+ game and to take someone else, (who I might add has the ability to bowl 250+ every game), when they bowled a 140 game is CRAZY. Some of our bowlers if u were watching were taken off after throwing 220+. Bowlers like this don't come around very often, and I will say this they have the ability to turn things around a lot faster than us average folk.

The way that some people behaved this weekend is nothing short than 5 year old children in a playground, you should be ASHAMED of YOURSELF.

This sort of behaviour makes me think twice about bowling in a Team event.

I also would like to thank Lisa & Louise who made all the right moves and the hard calls over the weekend. You both are a credit to our wonderful sport.

No one CAPTAINS like Lisa, luv ya darl.

I would like to congratulate all bowlers from all teams for bowling in what is a tough weekend for all. The winners in both divisions bowled as teams and covered each others butts when it was needed. I would like to thank the Narre ladies for carrying on and giving their all under trying circumstances after losing 2 players through injury and illness very early on Sunday morning. You girls showed true courage and determination. WELL DONE!!!

Sounds like that bra strap has really got to you lovie haha

Congrats all on a great weekend, had a ball as usual. Found it pretty hard to carry so for Cass to average what she did...just awesome stuff especially in 5 man teams. Great display.

Wow Wow, Cassie Staudinger what a super performance on the weekend, in the eye every shot. To do that game in game out in this format is outstanding in the extreme, well done young lady a pleasure to watch. Congrat's to both Shepp teams, a super performance of true team bowling. On behalf of the Geelong men's team I would like to thank every team for a super weekend. The tough but fair way that every game was played out was just great, thanks to the Geelong boys for having a good crack. They will get better with more exposure.

Great weekend of team bowling.

Shep were the best TEAM in both the guys and the girls, and thoroughly deserved the win. Not only can they all throw a nice rock, they can also drink.

Personally, I'd like to congratulate my team mates on a fine performance all weekend. Some of the new guys were given massive tasks against the states best, but it didn't phase them one bit. The girls had some great wins also.

Carry was a *****, yet there has to be mention (i'm sure there will continue to be) of Cassie's massive effort. How on earth she carried so well has me stuffed ;)

Being my first Emerson, it certainly won't be my last. Great bowling by some great bowlers, PLUS I got to see 1 shot of Gary's that had more than 3 revs. It was an impressive sight, and I think his fingers are still burning :D

Cheers guys!

Congratulations to Shepp on the clean sweep, Great effort guys, Sounds like everyone bowled well which is great to hear. Wish i was there to be part of the atmosphere.

Special congrats to Hammo, Well done on making the allstars buddy.

Special mention to Big Kev, Sounds like you bowled well all weekend, and missed out by 1 pin? thats harsh

Well done to you Cassie on your fantastic performance on weekend, 230 aves in tournaments usually only happen in dreams, at least in mine anyways.

Sounds like some big scores were bowled? Do we have a highest? was anyone close to the big 300??

Anyways congrats to all, Look forward to it next year

A big thank you to everyone who made Epping's first Emerson event a memorable one.

Well done to all the teams who made it a great event. Congratualtions to Shepp on a clean sweep. A bit of a shakey start to day 2, but they came home strong.

And on a personal note, a big thanks to all the Epping bowlers. I know most of them were first time tournament bowlers, and there were ALOT of nervous shots on day one, but you all left with heads high and a wealth of experiance that can only help next year.

I should also single out Tonx and thank him for his broad shoulders that carried us through when others struggled. To bowl all 18 games and finish top male average was a great effort.

Back
Top Bottom