Emerson Shield

Vaughnn

I was hoping somebody may be give me an idea as to the winners of the different zones for the Emerson Shield?

I particpated last weekend in the Eastern Zone (made up of Sale, Bairnsdale, Morwell, Warragul, Narre Warren), and was part of the successful Narre Warren Superbowl Team.

The final will be held in November (at Shepparton), and I believe it consists of the top two Goldpin centres in four allocated zones.

The East Zone had their playoff last weekend at the 12 lane Bairnsdale Bowl. This was the first time I believe Narre Warren has fielded a "representative" team (Mens Only). I was the weakest in the Narre team (with a recent average in the 150's), but managed to win 4 of my 5 head to head encounters, with an overall 172 average.

The Mens and Ladies played on Sunday, and after each team of five played the other 3 times the Overall results for the men was along the lines of, Narre Warren team winning by about 11 points to Morwell, who beat Bairnsdale by about 15 (I think), with Sale last - Warragul was not represented. I cannot recollect the Ladies results, nor the Juniors who played Saturday.

Now Narre Warren and Morwell will join whoever has won the other zones, which it would be great to know. I personally now have a great challenge ahead with a great goal, considering it all started by "just trying to make the team".

Can anyone fill in the gaps for who has won the other zones, and what sort of averages people scored. I believe Narre Warren averaged in the high 170's low 180's (over all 7 bowlers), not bad considering they were the only centre not used to bowling on wood lanes.

Warnambool and Geelong made it from the Western Region for the guys, Ballarat and Melton for the ladies.

Werribee play in the central zone this weekend against Mentone, Mooroolbark and Rosebud (Greensborough aren't participating this year).

I'll keep you informed of results.
STANDINGS SO FAR.......
Northern Zone:
Men: Shepparton and Bendigo
Ladies: Shepparton and Bendigo
Girls: Shepparton and Bendigo
Boys: Shepparton and Bendigo

Southern:
Men Geelong and Warnambool
Ladies: Melton and Geelong
Boys: Ballarat and Warnambool
Girls: Melton and Geelong

Eastern
Men: Morwell and Narre Warren
Ladies: Morwell and Bairnsdale
Boys: Morwell and Bairnsdale
Girls: Morwell and Bairnsdale

Good Luck to all bowlers on the weekend (especially Werribee for obvious reasons!)

State Finals will be held in November at Mentone for Juniors Goldpin Teams, and Shepparton for Emerson Team Teams.

If anyone would like to know how to participate in this tournament, all you need to do is ask your local Goldpin centre manager/staff.
The Goldpin website is currently under construction and address is www.goldpin.com.au

This site will eventually monitor results of Goldpin Vic/Brunswick Circuit, Emerson and Junior Goldpin, Goldpin Interleague Challenge and various other events, as well as links to all Goldpin Centres around Australia.

I was hoping somebody may be give me an idea as to the winners of the different zones for the Emerson Shield?

I particpated last weekend in the Eastern Zone (made up of Sale, Bairnsdale, Morwell, Warragul, Narre Warren), and was part of the successful Narre Warren Superbowl Team.

The final will be held in November (at Shepparton), and I believe it consists of the top two Goldpin centres in four allocated zones.

The East Zone had their playoff last weekend at the 12 lane Bairnsdale Bowl. This was the first time I believe Narre Warren has fielded a "representative" team (Mens Only). I was the weakest in the Narre team (with a recent average in the 150's), but managed to win 4 of my 5 head to head encounters, with an overall 172 average.

The Mens and Ladies played on Sunday, and after each team of five played the other 3 times the Overall results for the men was along the lines of, Narre Warren team winning by about 11 points to Morwell, who beat Bairnsdale by about 15 (I think), with Sale last - Warragul was not represented. I cannot recollect the Ladies results, nor the Juniors who played Saturday.

Now Narre Warren and Morwell will join whoever has won the other zones, which it would be great to know. I personally now have a great challenge ahead with a great goal, considering it all started by "just trying to make the team".

Can anyone fill in the gaps for who has won the other zones, and what sort of averages people scored. I believe Narre Warren averaged in the high 170's low 180's (over all 7 bowlers), not bad considering they were the only centre not used to bowling on wood lanes.

Warnambool and Geelong made it from the Western Region for the guys, Ballarat and Melton for the ladies.

Thanks for this info.

Can you explain the Goldpin Vic/Brunswick Circuit, and Goldpin Interleague Challenge? I am sure this would be of great interest to many.

Perhaps some time in the future there can be some Interleague Competitions between Goldpin Centres and AMF's. I bowl at both a Goldpin and an AMF and like the differences between them. It is both a challenge and in the long run good for my bowling to bowl league in the two totally different environments.

(Be really interested in knowing the average I need to build up for in November - will check with our Team Manager as well to see.)

Thanks again for your update, and I also wish your team good luck.

Werribee play in the central zone this weekend against Mentone, Mooroolbark and Rosebud (Greensborough aren't participating this year).

I'll keep you informed of results.
STANDINGS SO FAR.......
Northern Zone:
Men: Shepparton and Bendigo
Ladies: Shepparton and Bendigo
Girls: Shepparton and Bendigo
Boys: Shepparton and Bendigo

Southern:
Men Geelong and Warnambool
Ladies: Melton and Geelong
Boys: Ballarat and Warnambool
Girls: Melton and Geelong

Eastern
Men: Morwell and Narre Warren
Ladies: Morwell and Bairnsdale
Boys: Morwell and Bairnsdale
Girls: Morwell and Bairnsdale

Good Luck to all bowlers on the weekend (especially Werribee for obvious reasons!)

State Finals will be held in November at Mentone for Juniors Goldpin Teams, and Shepparton for Emerson Team Teams.

If anyone would like to know how to participate in this tournament, all you need to do is ask your local Goldpin centre manager/staff.
The Goldpin website is currently under construction and address is www.goldpin.com.au

This site will eventually monitor results of Goldpin Vic/Brunswick Circuit, Emerson and Junior Goldpin, Goldpin Interleague Challenge and various other events, as well as links to all Goldpin Centres around Australia.

The Brunswick Goldpin Circuit is a Singles Tournament with events being held at Werribee, Mentone, Mooroolbark, Bendigo, Geelong and Melton. To qualify for the Brunswick Goldpin 2002 Bowler of the Year you must bowl at 3 of the 6 tournaments. Bowler of the Year will be held at Morwell in January 2003. Great prize money is available for not much investment.

Brunswick sponsors these tournaments, but individual centres do get addidtional sponsors too. The winner of each tournament gets free entry at the next tournament (cost is normally $100).

The Goldpin Interleague Challenge is an annual event. This year it was a team event with all centres putting in one team, but next year it will be run as a qualifier through Goldpin Leagues with the Centre League Champions Team bowling in the finals. The winning team gets $1000. (Teams of 4) I think Sale won 2002, and Werribee 2001.

We also run a Christmas triplex through out Goldpin centres with 2 x trips for 2 to QLD as prizes (can be exchanged for cash).

They are really fun events!

As for AMF and Goldpin combining events.... not sure, but anything is possible. Werribee and Keon Park have an bi-annual challenge. Not that I'm bragging but I think Werribee won the last one! but we will be meeting very soon again.

Any further info can be obtained from your local Goldpin Centre (22 around Victoria).

Edi

Thanks for this info.

Can you explain the Goldpin Vic/Brunswick Circuit, and Goldpin Interleague Challenge? I am sure this would be of great interest to many.

Perhaps some time in the future there can be some Interleague Competitions between Goldpin Centres and AMF's. I bowl at both a Goldpin and an AMF and like the differences between them. It is both a challenge and in the long run good for my bowling to bowl league in the two totally different environments.

(Be really interested in knowing the average I need to build up for in November - will check with our Team Manager as well to see.)

Thanks again for your update, and I also wish your team good luck.

The Brunswick Goldpin Circuit is a Singles Tournament with events being held at Werribee, Mentone, Mooroolbark, Bendigo, Geelong and Melton. To qualify for the Brunswick Goldpin 2002 Bowler of the Year you must bowl at 3 of the 6 tournaments. Bowler of the Year will be held at Morwell in January 2003. Great prize money is available for not much investment.

Brunswick sponsors these tournaments, but individual centres do get addidtional sponsors too. The winner of each tournament gets free entry at the next tournament (cost is normally $100).

The Goldpin Interleague Challenge is an annual event. This year it was a team event with all centres putting in one team, but next year it will be run as a qualifier through Goldpin Leagues with the Centre League Champions Team bowling in the finals. The winning team gets $1000. (Teams of 4) I think Sale won 2002, and Werribee 2001.

We also run a Christmas triplex through out Goldpin centres with 2 x trips for 2 to QLD as prizes (can be exchanged for cash).

They are really fun events!

As for AMF and Goldpin combining events.... not sure, but anything is possible. Werribee and Keon Park have an bi-annual challenge. Not that I'm bragging but I think Werribee won the last one! but we will be meeting very soon again.

Any further info can be obtained from your local Goldpin Centre (22 around Victoria).

Edi

Back
Top Bottom