Has Emerson become a joke?

1. There is nowhere to turn should there be a dispute.
2. Rules are enforced at random, if in fact anyone knows them.
3. The zone finals are a farce. Top 4 teams going through out of 7 or 8?
4. There is little or no atmosphere at zone finals.
5. Traveling to bowl 7 games in a zone final is a complete waste of money given the lack of any sort of occasion on the day.

Mildura was a good example of what can (and apparently does) happen and the fact that there is/was nowhere to sort it out is the issue. What would have happened if the meeting had not taken place and the player bowled? There would have been a dispute but why bother? With no governing body to run Emerson people can do what they want and disputes are pointless.

How can a tournament survive if it is disorganized and has no helm?

I think Emerson has become a joke and in reality is nothing but an attempt to create a second Country Cup that city teams can bowl in.

It's no different now than when Ray Hodge was in control...maybe Emerson needs a leader with integrity this time.

Thanks for your comments guys. As an organisation we have to accept all feedback whether good or bad and learn from it. Goldpin Vic has lost a little direction with the loss of several key people who were instrumental in really driving the group.

I assure you that I have heard you, listened intently and taken your point. I am always available (as acting President of Goldpin Vic until October 18th 2011) to take any questions and I will do my best to get the correct answers. Rest assured that 2012 will see a different commitment from Goldpin Vic for the Tournaments. We will assign a Tournament Director to oversee all the events, and reassess the format of the events also.

If I could ask that you just give me some time to get this done- and I won't guarantee that it will be done overnight, but as one person I will give it all I've got and try my best.

Those of you who do know me will know that I will give it a 100% effort to get it right.

My apologies to all the bowlers who have supported us in the events and have been disappointed, but please be a little more patient and keep the faith.

With Thanks,

Edi De Pellegrin
on behalf of Goldpin Vic.

Can you guarantee that we will have fresh voices in place or are the rumours that some of the current "vocal" people will be running it correct?

Emerson needs to go forward, not stagnate due to people who are in positions only to further their own petty little agendas. It's about time we had people who actually cared and wanted to do something for the sport.

I also want to know Edi, is anyone looking into the eligibility of bowlers who have participated in the zone finals? Surely there is enough doubt that a quick check should be done.

No one has been selected to look after Goldpin's tournaments. It definitely won't be someone with a hidden agenda because that would only seal the fate of the events. I'll know more on the 18th October which way we will go, but rest asured that the rules will be tightened so as we don't have the same situation arising as we did at your zone.

I will bring up the situation about eligibilty and get it sorted. I might not vent that on here as I think it better to just sort it out with those it may effect directly.

Hope this helps,

Edi

I received this private post today:

lil wilkins said:
Gary shut up and let the grown ups sort it out, your letting shrek get in your ear to much! He doesn't even know how to bowl!

Chase,
This isn't and never was about you. It is about issues with Emerson. As for letting people in my ear, you need to do your research before you send me private messages. I post for me, not others, and I don't bow to peer pressure. A little life lesson for you. This "Shrek" - I have no idea who you are referring to and I really dgaf. Sounds more like another stupid little dispute than any sensible comment.

Bowling ability - any one of our team and most of Shep could kick your arse on any day so I don't think you are really qualified to make judgements.

Edi,
Tightening the rules has never been an issue. I wish for once someone would actually read a post on this forum instead of just looking at it. The issue is the random enforcing of the rules and the lack of any sort of governing body to sort out disputes.

This wont be resolved before the final and pretending otherwise would be stupid. I just want it fixed for future years because if the rumours about who is going to be running it prove to be correct I will never bowl another Emerson again. I have never liked it but I have filled in here and there for the team.

Enough is enough.

Gary

Edi/Gary,
just a thought that might help with some of the problems, would having a bowlers rep from each of the centres who bowl emerson reporting to a bowlers liason type person who is on goldpin committee be one solution?

Gary, To answer your first post:

1. The Governing body is Goldpin Victoria. This has never changed. With the loss of TD at the start of the year, I would have suggested contacting the President. Any centre could have contacted the acting president at any point and brought up a suspected breach of rules or to request an exemption to eligibility criteria in exceptional circumstances.

2. Can you explain which rules have been randomly enforced? Have you seen the Emerson Handbook that is provided to every centre and read the rules?

3. Each zone has 12 teams. The fact some centres either choose not to or cant field a team is irrelevant. Previously it was 5 teams went through, however that was changed to 4 last year. It could be changed I suppose, to scrap the zones and just have all entrants welcome. Of course you'll never see an event outside of Melbourne then as you'd only be able to use a centre with 28+ lanes.

4. Atmosphere is provided by bowlers and supporters. A lack of it suggests more an issue with the participants than the organisation.

5. What number of games do you deem "worth" traveling for? 10? 14? 40? If anything less than 12 is a waste of time in your opinion then great, it'll really cut down the tournament calander!

With the issue in Mildura it was sorted out the way last minute items are sorted out, at the managers meeting held before each stage of Emerson. This is where things that haven't been broached before the event are discussed. If for some reason the meeting wasn't held or the topic wasn't raised and the girl bowled and a dispute rasied with Goldpin, then it would have been handled at the next meeting.

And for your final point, Emerson was not about being a 2nd country cup. If anything it was to rival Dunn Shield. However, if it's felt that it's Country Cup's poorer brother, perhaps it should be changed to Metro only. Altona, Chirnside Park, Epping, Mentone, Narre Warren, Werribee would be a great little tournament seeing as they are 5/8 teams in the Emerson final anyway.

Chubba who is Shrek? Stop editing stuff and say what you really want to. I'll be there at the final if you want to play someone.

Deano

Chase,

If you did some research you would know I dislike emerson and will only ever bowl it if needed by the team. I have only bowled in a few zone finals. Yes, I have been asked to bowl the Emerson final this year and someone has even offered to pay my way to do so - not that it has ever been an issue with money. At this stage I have declined (you can verify that with whoever you want). Anyone who knows me will tell you that anything I say on here I will gladly repeat to your face in front of people so your "keyboard hero" comment is only you being exactly that. Can you say the same or do you need to private message me? Can you say you fought against stupidity in committee meetings (I can) or do you just ride on your dad's achievements as you have none of your own? He has done very well and good luck to him but you have done nothing and achieved nothing. I will apologize to him later for bringing him into this but it was always going to happen when you hide behind him like you do.

Luke,

If you really need to know what rules have been randomly enforced then you are an idiot. Simple as that.

The lack of atmosphere is due to the format, not the people. We played Shep and we made our own atmosphere and even though we lost (got our arses handed to us) we enjoyed the game. Bit hard to get excited when you know in advance what teams are going through and therein lies the problem with atmosphere and the zone finals. The zone finals themselves are as a waste of time due to a lack of competing teams. Why continue with such a farce? The same centres submit teams each year. Why continue with the bull**** line that there are 12 teams in each zone final?

We will never see a final outside of Melbourne as the zones are country, the final metro.

This is not about Mildura, even if the zone final in Mildura brought the issue to the forefront. Neither Mildura or Shepparton will ever win a women's final. This is about the fact that Emerson has become the waste of time that it has and that it has no ruling body to turn to should something like this occur.

Take your city teams and make your own little final. You bowl on the biggest ditches in the country anyway so I am sure your 230 or more averages will go well against each other. Perhaps Mentone can set the lanes up to beat the National Record again.

Things are not handled at Goldpin meetings. If they were then at least one team would be disqualified from the final and they haven't been.

Rowds,

Having one person from each centre does not work unless we have people prepared to speak their minds for the betterment of bowling. Some people only seem to do things for their own petty agendas year after year as evidenced by the current vocal minority in Country Vic.

I love bowling against the other centres and I have met many great people over the years. There are very few who I dislike but that does not mean that bowling, and in particular Emerson is run well.

Gary

hey luke or pluff or whoever you are...i don't really care.... why don't we have a game afterwards....your best 7 metro bowlers against the best 7 country bowlers....you and your offending big mouth should organise it.....

Hamma

ps go jump

but you have done nothing and achieved nothing

GAry

Chase Represented Victoria at President Shield 2009 and 2010,2010 being part of the winning boys team and overall winning team,he also has made the Victorian Youth team this year qualifying first and has 1x300 to his team now I know you dont value 300's to highly but I'm sure 3 Victorian representative teams in as many years is a bit more than nothing

Chase and Gary stop the slanging and personal attacks it achieves nothing except make you both look like ****wits,if you want to prove something do it on the lanes

And Sorry GAry but Chase is proudly my son so of course I'm going to defend him,

You know what really amuses me the most? There were 96 bowlers at the roll off at Mildura, and I can only hear one person having a sook.

Back
Top Bottom