What happened to Emerson Shield?

Rikjpool

I remember when I first started bowling ES around 6-7years ago (from junior up), there used to be a thread with close to 30 pages before the zones even started!

Now we have finished the northern zone roll off, southern zone next weekend, and there is not even a single thread regarding ES 2014.

What happened to the sledging, and all the fun stuff that happened?

I was not at this years northern roll off, so I cant comment on atmosphere and the sort, but is it on the decline?

To put it simply, where is everyone?

People got sick of others abusing them when they were asking a simple question maybe? Not sure, but I noticed this as well.

Unforunately total bowling is on the decline and not many people use it unless they are putting their name down for a tournament.

Think maybe some of the main sledgers and victims of sledging got bored with it...Chucky was one of the main instigators but he's in WA, Deano, Kev, Hama, Woza etc.... so many were involved. Still have a great time on the weekend catching up with people but total bowling in general is pretty quiet as Bec said. Some of those old threads are still so fun to read though.

Facebook has an Emerson Shield group Rikki, "like" that and you can follow most of what's happening -- has only been active for a couple of months but i think there are about 150 people that are part of the group.

Maybe the averages were low because it was a tough pattern?
I think you will find it will be a completely different story this weekend for the southern zone as it is on Mentone house pattern.

I'm here guys. Cant sledge anymore people are to precious. Not bowling for sheep stations. People got to serious and the fun was lost. Even coming out of retirement to bowl the marathon in a few weeks.

Deano

Maybe the averages were low because it was a tough pattern?
I think you will find it will be a completely different story this weekend for the southern zone as it is on Mentone house pattern.
maybe the averages were low because the bowlers are just a bunch of house hacks who never learned to bowl on anything but ditches while using high powered bowling balls. i'm sure averages will be over the top at menton..just goes to show how far
this sport has fallen.

wchester said:
maybe the averages were low because the bowlers are just a bunch of house hacks who never learned to bowl on anything but ditches while using high powered bowling balls. i'm sure averages will be over the top at menton..just goes to show how far
this sport has fallen.
Its very possible, I dont know what the pattern was

Wayne maybe you just shouldn't even open your mouth at all?
You weren't there and you didn't put yourself out there to bowl the tournament....
It was tough, and I defiantly wouldn't call a good number of the bowlers in attendance house hacks.
Unfortunately in Australia we're not exposed to conditions like this as frequently as we used to be so of course it's going to be a challenge to have a high scoring pace. I myself struggled in the beginning as I hadn't played on conditions like that in a long time, I don't think anyone should be passing judgement if you couldn't go and put yourself out there.....
We can only learn from what we got to bowl on!!!

Back
Top Bottom