Team Commitment! (or lack of it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course your welcome Mac, thats the beauty of East Coast everyone"s welcome to give it a go....and speaking on a more personal level i have to say that i have also bowled Rauchig and find quite honestly you cannot compare the two....the mtba work hard for you the bowler they really do alot of fundraising so that it's not costing you heaps and in general there's just so much more Buzz and excitement it's to me what bowling is all about FUN!!!

Bowling for me has always been a hobby something outside my working routine something I enjoy, competeing, meeting people and travelling when i have the opportunity....it's doesn't make me money... it generally cost's me money therefore i have to work to support my hobby....unfortunately i work in restaurants which means working most weekends...I dont work i dont get paid... I dont get paid i cant afford to bowl....i'm as passionate about bowling as the next person and i would hate to think that if i didn't make it to a practice session someone would tell me i wasn't committed and didn't deserve to be there....

Cheers Mary Dodds :changes:

Well said mary I totally agree .....OH! your due for another lesson soon maybe after mildura ....I can tell everyone that mary is so committed she should be locked up......regards mick

I can understand where your coming from Mary as i am in a similar situation as i work monday to friday fulltime, then work Friday nights and Saturday nights at a nightclub and dont finish until 6-7 in the morning, sometimes even 8... So majority of the time when i do attend practice sessions I am half asleep as i can not afford to take time off as it pays for me to bowl in tourniments and unfortunately the bills do not pay themselves... Its got nothing to do with lack of commitment its about lifestyle and what suits everyone individually...

chucker said:
excuse me i never once mentioned east coast and personally critisized thier event!was actually considering bowling east coast next year as i have heard it is a great team event and team events are always a high priority on my bowling calander.let me know if i am welcome or not?

Still haven't found a comment attacking ECCC in this thread. Don't know what all the fuss is about.
Mac, your welcome to bowl east coast and always will be.

To those that have been following this thread i would like to make aware that the post in response by me in regards to something written by Mac was purely a misunderstanding on both parties and all has been sorted and rectified. Mac i am sorry if you felt that what i had stipulated was a personal attack against you, It was not in anyway intended that way.

I hope both you and Mark are able to give ECCC a shot next year along with anyone else that would like to try out. ECCC is open to any bowler of any age shape or form so long as they hold a current sanction. Your presents will be more than welcome and I am sure our friendly directors of the MTBA will be more than happy to help you with any queries or suggestions you may have.

Lets get back to the topic in discussion which is about team commitment and not in anyway aimed at any of our state teams bowlers.

Tam :cool:

Tam

WOW I have created a monster :D

It's good to see so many people come out of the shadows and make some good points and passionate responses. That’s what forums like this are all about. ;)

Frosty :rolleyes:
Forest Hill
Melbourne
Victoria
Australia
Earth
Milky Way

If there was so much passion displayed on the lanes all the time the people making these comments would make an awesome team,probibly a team no other team could beat. ;) ;)
I guess its not out there by everybody or we would have one of the strongest sports around. I'm refering to peole not posting there thoughts on this thread.
You can see who the dedicated bowlers are just by viewing this thread.
I can see there are still association probs in and around Melb , maybe a new thread can be started and the powers to be might get some ideas what the bowlers realy want and what direction to head. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey Mac,
Like i mentioned I'm a director for the MTBA, anytime you need to know something just let me know and if i can help i will if not i'll pass your thoughts on to those who can.
Oh and by the way anytime you wanna try for ECCC your more than welcome.

Wow this has been a good forum. Some positive things have come from this and some negative things. For me it’s good to see that people still feel passionately about bowling and team bowling. It's also good to see so many different views and opinions, and that people can still agree to disagree. Different opinions create ideas and growth.
It's just a shame that some people out there are still very sensitive and don't take these forums and discussions as they are intended. :(

Daniel (Frosty)
Forest Hill
Melbourne
Vicroria
Australia
Earth
Milky Way

Hay hold on just :mad: One minute it's my Monster and i claim it :p

But some good may come of it :rolleyes:

Gary.....................

Hay Wasup good point about fundraising :confused:

Why cant De Verr and Rachiug do the same ???

Off topic i know but interesting dont u think :???:

Gary............... :cool:

Frosty

Interesting your comment about people being sensitive to things like this.
Probably something you should keep in mind before opening Pandoras Box next time. You know what i'm referring to I'm sure, pretty disappointing stuff in the end.

Spatfa, Pandora’s Box!!

If you think that little comment opened Pandora’s Box then WOW you got no idea. I could have said allot worse :rolleyes:
If you’re referring to the matter I think you are, last time I checked my care factor was 0
But I’m not going to be brought into an argument on an open forum.
However I am more than happy to discuss this matter further in private

Daniel (Frosty) :rolleyes:
(Sometimes mistaken for someone who gives a $#&!)

Daniel

First of all let me say that if you don't know who I am maybe you shouldn't say I've got no idea.
2nd, I think the topic of other peoples thoughts on team commitment is a good one and have been quite interested in the various oppinions, I just think it would have been better if you had of opened the thread in a more positive manner rather than a way that may and has been mis-interpreted by some, and if your care factor is zero what are you getting so frustrated about?
Last of all, every other person in that team has earned the right to bowl for Forest Hill just as much as you have, I know your comments weren't aimed at one particular person but some people are sensitive to such things and maybe not as thick skinned as you are. That's a fact of life not just the bowling fraternity.
I will reply to your private message and speak to you in person when I see you next. I don't disagree with the topic, maybe just the manner in which it was started.

Michael Doutch

Daniel

When it comes down to it I agreed with half your post before about not turning up to practice sessions but if the issue was a about a certain bowler that bowler at Altona last Sunday then you are dead wrong. That tournament was not a small tournament there was possibly big money up for grabs and a free entry into the South Pacific. I dont know about you but I wouldn't call that a small tournament. Its people like you that have attitudes like that, that are preventing tournament bowling from going ahead in this state. And just so you know, the bowler in question actually won some money in that tournament. I know where I would have rather been and that would be bowling for money and I am ver much a team player.

Matthew Lambrick

Matthew,
As i said before This post wasn't about that person, nor was it intended to be. I have spoken to him and we are good. for some reason everyone else isn't But thats ok i have good shoulders and i can cop it.
It's a shame that some people haven't taken this as it as intended.
But it's not surprising that this place hasn't changed and bowlers still like to stick the boot in. without knowing all the facts :rolleyes:
This is the last i will say on this matter
Have a great Day :D

I cant believe the problems that this has caused. From what I have heard, good bowlers are quitting the Shield Teams because of someone's opinion/belief about committment. It sounds like it has, in some cases, become personal and people are being offended. Unfortunately, not everyone has the time or money to be able to attend each and every practice, and it is not for anyone to say how another should spend their personal time. I am really disappointed that it has got to this, and that a great bowler and friend is dropping out of a Shield Team. Maybe there are lessons to be learnt from all parties about how to be part of a team - i.e. there is no "I" in team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom