Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Pinfall Only

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Head to head and Pinfall

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters

xpense

retired
For all of those teams that are going to compete in either Dunn Shield or Emerson Shield in November, how often do you get the chance to practice?

This could also be great avenue for Rachuig, De Veer & ECCC teams to practice.

Would you enter your team into another tournament to get the practice leading into the event, and the chance to pick up some cash to go towards your costs of any of these events. This would be a great chance to line up those teams, and get them to gel as a unit. You may also get the chance to look at the opposition as well :cool:

Lets get this going if possible, as it would be great to see how some of the teams go against each from Emerson Shield & Dunn Shield. I am sure of a couple of centres that would love to be involved, just for the fun of the event, that is always associated with the both weekends.

This could be a possible format:

The cost would be $700.00 per team.

Based on a Minimum of 12 teams

Teams do not have to be male or female, can be mixed, and do not have to be representing thier centre, can be a group of friends.
Teams would be 7 people. Line ups of 5

Minimun number of games depending on how many bowled (50% would be best option)

Games could range from 6 to 10, or more if you wanted to go to 2 days. (10 is possible in 1 day, but it makes for a long day.

Could be a head to head event, or straight pinfall.

Mens and Ladies Divisions maybe possible depending on entries, as prizefund is the main objective.

Payouts of 1 in 3.

Example of payout: Based on 12 teams / 11 games
1st - $2100
2nd - $1400
3rd - $1050
4th - $700

Main problem l see is for the bowlers that are in teams that compete in Emerson, Dunn Shield, Rachuig, ECCC, De Veer and so. But this is really about just a teams events, and the target group is these bowlers for the simple fact they want to do there best at the finals, and this gives them a chance to improve as a unit.

Interesting idea. Could be a very competive tournament and would help to work out starting line ups for the actual tournament you are bowling in. Could be a good place to get to know the other bowlers in your team as well as bowlers in the other tournaments.

Sounds like an alright idea the only prob i could see with it is the cost depending what else was on around it and how far it was from the actual shield event. although considering the payout you may find a few teams enter.

just my thought!

I am not talking about running this event this year, for obvious reasons, with only a couple of weeks until the events, but perhaps in September 2006, this would be a great event to hold.

The cost of $700.00 per team, is not to bad l thought when you break it down to 7 bowlers, $100 per person, and the team could bowl something like 10 to 12 games over the weekend. Great for team bonding, and practice together.

I reckon it's a great idea Lance,we will be in it :D Plenty of time to save your $ 100. Great team bonding alright,where's the nearest bottle shop!! Since we are at it,how about a Team Tournament for bowlers with handicaps,i got no h/cap..just helping out the sandbaggers..hehe am sure ppl wt h/cap wants to have their own Shield Weekend. FAB IDEA MATE..
Thats my two cents :D :D

Lance top idea we could get possible country cup team in and see if they bowl well as a team

Lance great idea mate, but one question.

What about people who make 2 or more teams?

But i really like the idea sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom