What about a Youth Shield For AMF Centers

KnuckleHead

Vic Represent
I would like to see a Youth Shield for youth bowlers just come out of junior shield and may not be able to make there dunn shield team as yet so why not put a youth shield in.

What dose everyone think bout that so then u can go from Junior Shield - Youth Shield then Dunn Shield and maybe Tony Goodwin can say something or even Warren Stewart come help cause i would like to see it happen.

Can Youth bowlers bowlers have there say aswell plz and junior bowlers leaving juniors have there say 2 plz.

Thanks Cheers
Chris

Chris,

I think you will find that there isnt enough youth bowlers from each AMF centre that would first of all want to bowl in this tournament, and then afford the extra costs.

Having said that, you might find if you could make a 4 man team competition or the sort, it might be doable.

You would have to find a weekend not used, that everybody would be available for as well. These are rare these days

This has been discussed a number of times in the past, perhaps even somewhere on this site i can't quite remember.

The idea is basically sound and it might work with perhaps a slight change to the format.

The one thing that i think would hold it back is the fact that you have a lot of youth bowlers already making their centres Dunn shield sides in the first year or two out of juniors and some of them are doing quite well to boot.

I know that if it came down to it and i had to choose between bowling in a Youth Dunn Shield or the Adult Dunn Shield i would choose to bowl with the adults.

People have to make the step up to adult shield at some point and i just don't see any reason for delaying that until 21 or 23 when you have so many bowlers under those ages already making Dunn Shield.

Cheers
Brendan Hanton

I have to agree with Brendan on this.

I don't see much point in having a youth shield when we already have about 12 tournements a year (some ranked, others not) that these bowlers can bowl in. There are at least 3 next year in Victoria. All these youth tournements are designed to cater for bowlers making the transition between juniors and adults.

But its good of you Chris to be thinking outside the square.

Carly Allen

Back
Top Bottom