Dunn Shield Teams

Well Done to Keon Park on there win.:D
Well done to Keon Park staff, Warren Stuart and Michael Doutch
I would like to thank Grant Lynch for fetching equipment for me from the store room on the weekend. (As normal I had all the gear and no idea:p )
Also for hurling abuse at me all weekend, nothing is better than rolling a good strike and being told it was crap haha
Big thanks to Lee Philips From chadstone for kicking me in the ass after day one and helping me out. (Day two was a new bowler)
Also a big thank you to Yvonne Costello for her support every Shield weekend (she should get a job in Security I think;) )
Also a very Big thank you to Adrian Costello for doing a great job as manager, every year he puts in a massive effort and fights through hell to do it, and gets little praise for his effort well done mate. (With my help you’re going to make it next year).
Last but not least a big thank you to my plastic spare ball. Without you I would have been in a bad bad place
P.S
(Joel I am sure AMF could plug that scratch on your EPX)
Frosty:rolleyes:

I'd just like to Congratulate Keon Park on there clean sweep, well bowled.
To All the Dandy Girls, we kept on fighting to the end & we never gave up, you all did a fantastic job & I Love bowling with you every year.
To Nicole, No.1 All Star!!! You are just an inspirational bowler. You are the Ice Women of bowling! One of Nicest people in the bowling world, you deserve all the achievements that you are getting.
To Tanya also for making the All Star Team, fantastic effort.
To Mary on being our Captain. Thanks for all your support on the Weekend, you did a great job. And I look forward to being in the team with you again next year.
To our Manager Barb. You are just the best!! Thanks for all the support you gave & we look forward to you bowling in the team next year. Also to Karen on being a fantastic support as reserve. You do it every year & hopefully next year you can bowl with us.
To the Dandy guys, great effort. You struggled on the Saturday, but then you came out firing on Sunday. Well Done. To Mick, great Captain & Leader!
Once again Well Done to all bowlers this weekend. It was a very tough condition, but I hope everyone had fun, b/c thats what Dunnshield is all about. See you next year at Sunshine...
;) Jenny

Well i would like to say first was well done to all competitors who took part in dunn shield,if it wasnt for you all we wouldnt have dunn shield well done once again....;)
and i would like to congratulate the keon park team for taking it out this year..
it was good to see them bowling so good...
well done would have to go to tamara,timmy and jimmy for making the all star teams...:p
well catch up soon all..
shaneo....:cool:
p.s to bren h and tim h... go coaters....
later...
:)

Ey,
I would like 2 say congrats 2 Keon Park on winnin the Dunn Sheild last weekend. Well bowled guyz. 2 Tam, Jimmy and Tim congrats on making all stars u all bowled reaslly well.

Cheers
Felicyti

Tweety said:
I'd just like to Congratulate Keon Park on there clean sweep, well bowled.
To All the Dandy Girls, we kept on fighting to the end & we never gave up, you all did a fantastic job & I Love bowling with you every year.
To Nicole, No.1 All Star!!! You are just an inspirational bowler. You are the Ice Women of bowling! One of Nicest people in the bowling world, you deserve all the achievements that you are getting.
To Tanya also for making the All Star Team, fantastic effort.
To Mary on being our Captain. Thanks for all your support on the Weekend, you did a great job. And I look forward to being in the team with you again next year.
To our Manager Barb. You are just the best!! Thanks for all the support you gave & we look forward to you bowling in the team next year. Also to Karen on being a fantastic support as reserve. You do it every year & hopefully next year you can bowl with us.
To the Dandy guys, great effort. You struggled on the Saturday, but then you came out firing on Sunday. Well Done. To Mick, great Captain & Leader!
Once again Well Done to all bowlers this weekend. It was a very tough condition, but I hope everyone had fun, b/c thats what Dunnshield is all about. See you next year at Sunshine...
;) Jenny
I have to agree with you Jenny..great bowling Nicole my friend,one of the nicest bowler i have ever known.She is such a great bowler,humble and a team player.Great Ambassador for bowling alright. Awesome bowling Nicole,NO 1 ALL STAR BOWLER =D> =D>

Hi craig I can tell you its no ditch !!!!! Its tough !!!!! Yes have to hand it to keon park they know their lanes & good on them ....but until YOU bowl the condition dont call it a ditch ....remember this they oil once & thats all....renta
It is interesting how many bowlers equate "dry lanes" with "difficult oil patterns." Although bowlers might have a harder time dealing with dry lanes, that does not necessarily mean the oil pattern was difficult. Perhaps the oil pattern was difficult for some at Dunn Shield because "adjustments" were necessary. Having 5 people on a lane and lane changes after every game makes the oil do different (and weird) things.
I got the impression from Phil's post that the league pattern hadn't been put down... Even if only oiled once, the league pattern holds for a number of 4-5 games of 5 man teams.. Hopefully the same remains for tomorrow then... Wouldn't mind seeing the 215 push down towards 205-210... but we will see what happens.
Craig, bowling on a league with 5 people is NOT the same as bowling in a tournament with 5 people on a lane with lane changes after every game (as Dunn Shield bowlers did). With Dunn Shield, the lanes change much differently because all bowlers are in different areas of the lane and the lane changes make the oil play much weirder than a normal league shot with the people on the same pair bowling in the same area for 3-5 games.
And of course you bowl at Keon Park so you would know how hard it is. Does it have anything to do with the fact the they actually might be good bowlers. 7 bowlers away at Nationals and still Keon Park out in front. Easy conditions yer sometimes, High scoring yer most of the time. Quality bowlers, I think so.
Philby, granted you have high quality bowlers at Keon Park, but as Warren Stewart so cleverly pointed out on Saturday... there have been 17 300's at Keon Park this year alone. I would say in the Thursday night league at Dandenong, there is enough talent to match Keon Parks talent, and I am sure Dandenong does not have 17 300's this year. It's probably a more difficult oil pattern. Please don't take wrong, keon park bowlers, I am not "knocking" your talent as you proved this weekend that your team is the best for the 2nd year in a row??, but just merely suggesting that the oil pattern may play a factor in the amount of 300's bowled at the bowling centre.
If you are interested in tougher oil patterns, my sport bowling training weekend may be a good test of your "true bowling ability"
Just my 2 cents...
thanks
chris mesagno

Chris Mesagno is the Victoria State Representative of the TBA Sport Psychology Team and he will be completing his Ph.D. in Sport and Exercise Psychology this year. He is a competitive bowler of 20 years, has participated on the University of Florida (U.F.; U.S.A.) collegiate bowling team, was assistant coach of the U.F. bowling team, and is a U.S.A. Bowling Bronze Level Certified Coach. He was also a member of the 2003 and 2004 Victorian State Rachuig Team.

Ok now that i am not drunk I would like to submit a real posting on the weekend that was Dunn Shield 2005!!!

Well what a weekend it was!!! One of my best achievements in bowling yet, filled with loads of Fun and Laughter. The weekend meant alot to me and i dedicate my 2nd placing in the allstars team to 2 people firstly to a gentleman that is no longer with us. He was my inspiration as a kid, back in my dancing days and to you Mr Colin Lennon where ever you maybe now this was for you... I would also like to dedicate it to a much loved person in the bowling world and without her leadership in our team, who knows what would of happened... She informed us prior to bowling this may be her last year bowling shield and this is what made me and our team determined to win the shield for our captain as there is no better way to go out than with a bang (not that she is allowed to retire and she will be back next year)!!! A true icon in tenpin bowling and a person i admire for her support and dedication to the game we love and an all round SUPERSTAR, Mrs Sue Raphael your a LEGEND!!! AND YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO RETIRE!!!

To my Team mates Carly, the lefty what can i say it was great bowling with you again, your a great person, keep up the hard work and ihope i get the chance to bowl with you again in the future... To my great mate and all round great chic Lisa what can i say your support over the past few months has been totally amazing and you gave me faith with in myself and made me believe that i can do it!!! It was an absolute honour to be able to stand by your side and be part of the winning Keon Park Team... To Kimmy (Legs) the backup bowler of the team, even though luck alot of the time wasnt on your side you never gave up hope and always gave your best, Well Done!!! Marian, what can i say, bowled like a superstar and was great to have you in the team, keep up the great bowling and hope to see you next year at sunshine... Mrs B (Ann) Times were tough but not once did you put your head down and that is what its all about, enjoyment of the game, the people you bowl with, and fight til the very end... Hope to get the pleasure of bowling with you again next year, not only in shield but in Emmerson as well... To our Captain Mrs Sue Raphael, all time great lady showed us what team spirit was all about and supported us right down to the very last ball rolled, your an icon to the game we love and an all time great leader and inspiration to our game... Your an absolute Superstar and Good Luck in Chinese Tiapea when you strut your stuff for the Australian Seniors Team... Last of all to our Manager Jo, a job well done and thank you for all your help and support throughout the weekend, it was just amazing. A job Well done!!!

To our mens team what else can be said other than AWESOME!!! A true dream team with the lowest ave in the team being a 204 what else can be said!!! To the ALL STARS Timmy and Jimmy and the youngest members of our team you showed them that the young ones can cut it and just exactly what the future of our game holds...

To our oppostion the weekend wouldnt have been what it was wihout you guys there so thank you to you all... Hope to see you again next year at Sunshine where hopefully i get to wear a Keon Park Shirt once again!!!

Love you All

Tam xxx

Congratualtions to Keon Park on their win. Great effort.
To all the Dandy bowlers. Well done on a great effort at Dunn Shield. To all the girls, it is always a pleasure being a part of the team even if I am the Manager. Unfortunately we were unable to defend our title from last year, but you all certainly gave it the best shot that you could. I just want to congratulate each and everyone of you. WELL DONE...............=D> To Mary, fantastic job as captain. You are everything a captain should be. Congratulations to our star bowler Nicole on High average for the tournament and to Tanya Third highest. You both were sensational on the weekend, well done to you both making the Allstars team. To the guys. Well done on a great effort. Struggling on the first day but coming back on day 2. Well done to Mick, great job as captain and to Barry for being a fantastic Manager for the guys. Once again congratulations to the whole of the Dandenong team. Well done to all................\\:D/ See you all next year at Sunshine. Next time I hope to be bowling.......................Barb Carlsson.

Congratulation to both Keon Park Men (Brett - capt, Jimmy, Timmy, Luke, Paul, Alan, Mick & Wayne - Mgr) and Women (Sue - Capt, Tamara, Ann, Kim, Carly, Marion & Jo - Mgr) on WINNING Dunn Shield not only did we win, we had a clean sweep. We all should be very proud to represent KEON PARK.

A huge thanks to Jenny Webber - Mgr KP & her staff for all the hard work over the weekend and lead up to our great tourny......

To Sue Raph - Capt, you are a great leader and your encouragement over the weekend was second to none.... You are Keon Park and i hope that you dont retire as you have lot of years left in you... Good luck in China and bowl well..

To Ann, Tamara, Carly, Kim, Marion, We did it, stuck together, worked as a team and achieved our ultimate goal - WINNING, this can never be taken away from from us.. You are truly a great bunch of ladies and i look forward to bowling with you all next year at sunshine...

To Joanne - Mgr, Thanks for all your hard work, you never gave up, your support to the team was just AWESOME... Hopefully next year you will be bowling with us..

To our mens team, You guys were just AWESOME.....

Congrats to our all stars, Tamara, Jimmy & TimmY

K EPT ON FIGHTING
E NJOYED EVERY MINUTE
O NE
N EVER GAVE UP

P ISSED AT SUE RAPH'S PLACE
A FTER PARTY AT SUE RAPH'S PLACE
R EAL STARS
K ILLER INSTINCT

I really enjoyed being apart of this wonderful keon Park team, you guys are just great.

Thanks for all your support over the weekend

Take care & i luv ya all....

till next year.....

Lisa

P.S - Congrats Nic on all stars, you bowled really well.. You are a great chic... See you soon

Buzzer said:
Not likely Violet!
you showed where you were at last year when you applied some confidence
Although, Knox would be a perfect candidate for Cadbury's new sponsorship drive with their Violet Crumble product.
because when the time came you guys did Crumble.
:eating:
LMAO this is funny. I thought i will bring this back for ya Violet !! ;) ;) ;)

Back
Top Bottom