Emerson Shield 2006

Craig ,
Those miners could be North supporters they are down there having a rest just like Thompson did in the 4th quarter last week.
Just been checking the quailfing scores , looks like 11 bowlers fighting for 7 spots . if Shane put in a entry on Tuesday night it could be 12 bowlers in it. would be interesting to know what some peoples low series are that they are ready to replace.

rychenroller said:
Gaz just out of curiousity, when was Colacs last resurface/recoat?
About 12 months ago - not a high lineage compared with other centres, so lanes are okay - just depends what condition is layed down as to scoring.

it is going to be nice and close for the last couple of spots and i think and every one will know each others scores that they have bowled
i have taken care of a couple of mine a couple more to do thought it i want to be coles to it :cool:

Gary,
Any word on the format at Colac, will it be bowled over two days or one?, any chance of publishing the oil pattern:)
Graeme

Graeme,

Not sure about two days or one (who actually makes that decision - is it the home centre or the committee??) It will also depend on what is happening with W'Bool because if they don't have a team we would only have 8 games. I would say it could be done over one day - (10 games) that would cut down on accomodation costs though it would be quite a long day - you really would not want to stay two nights in Colac - we would struggle to entertain you for that long. The women only have 8 games (assuming W'Bool women fields a team - they didn't last year) so that could easily be managed.

Oiling pattern? -- i think they oil lane one first and then lane two and all the way across to ten. Not sure if there is any other pattern... lol just kidding.

I am not sure what pattern will be used. We now have a new old oiling machine (not Kegel!) and i think it is still being bedded down as to the condition. I would guess those details will be available at the briefing before the tourno starts.

I will be bowling tomorrow night, so i will see if our manager has any info on what is happening.

Hey Gary, Happy Birthday, you got to share the day with your wife for Mothers Day!! lol

Hope you had a good one!! So can I ask how old your are Gary? lol

Thanks for the brithday greetings Mr Porto and Miss Paige.

I was hoping noone would notice (blushing)

I am 41 - just 4 more years till i join the old farts :(

The news that some of you have been waiting on was announced last night. Yes Sale is fielding a team this year. I am trying to remember the team members but you know how it is when you get older...

Men
Mick Partridge
Peter Siddle
Alan J Manners (son)
Geoff Morris
and I'll be buggered if I remember the 5th man

Ladies
Michelle Crowson
Leica Manners
Tanya Bell
Sharon Cuthill
Debbie Duncan

I have been informed that some of the opposition is staying at our place. We have room for another couple if need be but I should warn you that you will have to endure my birthday celebrations!!!

Liz

Liz

You only named 5 men and 5 women. Do you only have 5 bowlers in your teams? or could you not remember the rest of the team -- or are you going to be the first team to use the draft for bowlers 6 and 7?

GB

I might have to nominate for the draft:rolleyes:

Gatsby
Yes only 5 male and 5 female bowlers showed up on mothers day for the roll off. :confused:

So does that mean Sale is going to "select" bowlers 6 and 7 -- or use Blind scores or use the draft?

Not sure what date Mildura marathon is - but i think the zone final in Colac is on August 5th and 6th. If that clashes then you will need to put in request for change pretty quickly. It was scheduled for that weekend to try not to clash with other events in Colac and also events that were known about in Melb.
Pretty hard not to clash with something else - i think Lance has similar problems with his zone final clashing with something else that he is in (although admiteddly in a different state)
I know Mildura marathon is very popular and quite a few bowlers will want to bowl in both - noone from Colac has bowled in it for quite a few years so it was probably "off the radar" when the zone dates were scheduled.

GB

Back
Top Bottom