That zone last year was
Narre Warren
Ed Fleming Lanes (Mooroolbark)
Rosebud
Morwell
Mentone
Sale (did not field a team)
Someone will correct me if i am wrong

The zone is right Warragul has never fielded a side as for Cranbourne I dont know
It will be interesting to see where the Zone Final is

Gatsby said:
It would not be the first time a strong team missed the final - huh Woza?
I am hoping that the Colac team will also be stronger this year - I need to start convincing Merv and Thommo i think - will be a battle to qualify without at least one of them.

And it wont be the last Werribee missed out 2004 to finish runners up in 2005.
With the zones changing from 4 to 3 it definetly has made it more competitive in getting to one of the hottest bowling finals going around.

chucker said:
spoke to tothy last night

gees that would have dragged out a few hours hey mac????

werribee is up for huge team changes, my tip 5 of this years team will be different

5 Different,a bit more dissention in the ranks ay :agrue: :agrue: :agrue:

Actually If as said Werribee is hosting the final,would'nt it be the ultimate embarrasment not to win the final at home or even the unthinkable of not make it thru the Zone Final

No dissention, just very competitive and with a home final up for grabs it might be more so. Nobody is a walk up starter except maybe the BLIT.

I heard a rumour over the weekend that the Zone final might be at Colac this year; can anybody confirm or deny?

Graeme:-k

granat said:
No dissention, just very competitive and with a home final up for grabs it might be more so. Nobody is a walk up starter except maybe the BLIT.
I heard a rumour over the weekend that the Zone final might be at Colac this year; can anybody confirm or deny?
Graeme:-k
If the Zone is at Colac you will need the BLIT as well as another 6
Isnt that right Gary;)

Woza said:
If the Zone is at Colac you will need the BLIT as well as another 6
Isnt that right Gary;)
If the zone final is in Colac we will probably go with 7 left handers and then substitute them if we make the final. Actually our centre record got beaten last December by Ian Poysor (leftie) and last time CCup was here 3 of top five averages were lefties and a fourth lefty bowled the tournament high game -- is that where you are coming from Woza? (Plus the new manager is also a lefty)
It is not quite as bad as all that though. Our two top averages in league last season were Neil Thompson (208 ) and Merv Billing (204) so obviously some decent right handers have slipped through.

Actually in all seriousness, I hope the zone final is in Colac. Being a small centre (10 lanes) we cannot host the final, which is fair enough and having six teams in the zone, means we can only host a zone final if one of the winning teams is from our zone. This is the case this year with Geelong Women being able to sit out the zone final. It is hard for our new Manager to support the tournament financially without having any opportunity to actually host some of the event.

That was always the reasoning with Emerson and Junior Goldpin though
The smaller centres would host the zone finals
The larger centres would host the state finals
If you look at our zone before this year
We had
Sale
Bairnsdale
Naree Warren
Morwell
and Rosebud
Bairnsdale had zone in 2002
Sale in 2003
Naree in 2004 &
Rosebud in 2005
Morwell had State Final in 2004
As Bairnsdale is now closed and Ed Flemming and Mentone have come into our zone it will be interesting to see where the Zone final is
In our zone only Sale and Rosebud would not have enough lanes to host a state final. The other four centres are big enough for the state final

Woza said:
That was always the reasoning with Emerson and Junior Goldpin though
The smaller centres would host the zone finals
The larger centres would host the state finals

Morwell had State Final in 2004
That certainly makes sense. I was not aware that it was a deliberate decision to do it that way. Having only 10 lanes makes life difficult when the zone has 6 teams. You need 12 lanes (unless of course one of the teams in defending champ - as is the case this year and with Melton Men last year).
When you say Morwell had state final in 2004 - you are not talking about Emerson? 2004 was Geelong wasn't it? (i think you mean 2003)

Gatsby said:
That certainly makes sense. I was not aware that it was a deliberate decision to do it that way. Having only 10 lanes makes life difficult when the zone has 6 teams. You need 12 lanes (unless of course one of the teams in defending champ - as is the case this year and with Melton Men last year).
When you say Morwell had state final in 2004 - you are not talking about Emerson? 2004 was Geelong wasn't it? (i think you mean 2003)

You are right Emerson State Final Morwell - 2003

Ask Craig about that one he would be more than happy to discuss it ;)

Woza said:
You are right Emerson State Final Morwell - 2003
Ask Craig about that one he would be more than happy to discuss it ;)
I would like to but I don't think Craig knows who i am ;)

i can only talk about 2006

i am over what has happened, its all about what is going to happen

especially with werribee and the western zone

lol at gary

the BLIT and another 6

heres five to put your lefties up against

chandler
loader
harford
ryan
heidl

i'll even stick some cash up front, lets say $100 on our 5 best righties against your 5 best lefties

we'll stick porto and merv on the bench hey ;)

craig said:
lol at gary
the BLIT and another 6
heres five to put your lefties up against
chandler
loader
harford
ryan
heidl
i'll even stick some cash up front, lets say $100 on our 5 best righties against your 5 best lefties
we'll stick porto and merv on the bench hey ;)
I did not say we had 7 GOOD lefties - just 7 lefties (and as for who is BLIT in Colac - Ian Poysor would probably lay claim to that title seeing as though he now holds the centre record). Actually we only have 5 lefties in Colac with an average around 180 or higher and a couple of them will probably not bowl. $100 is more than i earn in a week, so i will not take up your bet in case i lose. We would need to play that match on Lanes 1 & 2 - hard against the left side wall and hope you guys leave a heap on 10 pins- might have to check out the draw.. lol

Chandler, Harford (and Porto on the bench) - that is three of last years team - thought you said there was going to be 5 changes?

Gatsby said:
I did not say we had 7 GOOD lefties - just 7 lefties (and as for who is BLIT in Colac - Ian Poysor would probably lay claim to that title seeing as though he now holds the centre record). Actually we only have 5 lefties in Colac with an average around 180 or higher and a couple of them will probably not bowl. $100 is more than i earn in a week, so i will not take up your bet in case i lose. We would need to play that match on Lanes 1 & 2 - hard against the left side wall and hope you guys leave a heap on 10 pins- might have to check out the draw.. lol
Chandler, Harford (and Porto on the bench) - that is three of last years team - thought you said there was going to be 5 changes?

Don't think that Harford bowls at Werribee anymore. That would make 5 changes...

craig said:
lol, look at gatsby doing the math
ha ha ha ha
i'm not telling who's in and who's out
Just sticking to my strengths Craig - 3 named from last years team + 5 changes as quoted = 8 bowlers.
Actually, our earlier post of Colac lefties vs Werribee righties is a little irrelevant now anyway - i have heard the zone final is Warrnambool - not Colac:(

ha ha ha

too bad too sad hey gazza :p :p

the point i make is simple, we kick your a$$ here, there or anywhere (ok except on first oil at melton);)

4 games in last years Emerson Colac vs Werribee - 2 in zone, 2 in final
Colac 3853 pins vs Werribee 3832
Colac 1 win vs Werribee 3 wins
Colac average pts per game 3.0 -- vs Werribee 4.0
Beaten yes -- A$$ kicked -- not quite.

Back
Top Bottom