How CAn We Help Country Cup

right.. thats interesting

I wont go in to it on here.. seems people get rather touchy easy.. dont feel like arguing with you here while you blowing your own trumpet.

What ball were you using as a spare ball out of interest Travvy

Was it a Columbia Momentum

Woza

This would add an additional 2-3 hours to each day's competition. Better get ready for some 3 AM finishes!

Country bowlers are not as self centered as ex PBA bowlers they do not wait until every lane is clear so they think that everyone is watching them to throw their 2 practice balls per lane. Therefore I dont not believe that it will add 2-3 hours to the days competition as it has not in the past ;)

Country bowlers are not as self centered as ex PBA bowlers they do not wait until every lane is clear so they think that everyone is watching them to throw their 2 practice balls per lane. Therefore I dont not believe that it will add 2-3 hours to the days competition as it has not in the past ;)

I won't retort with a insult, but I will provide you with the facts!

Two shots per bowler per lane x five bowlers takes approximately 7 minutes
Repeat this 15 times over the course of a day's competition and you get an additional 105 minutes of bowling during which no one else is competing. Mind you, there's still the time it takes for the practicing team to get on and off the practice pair, so you can proibably figure another 25 minutes easy..

That's 2 hours and 10 minutes in total....hello 3 o'clock.

*cough*MVP*cough*2nd highest ladies average*cough*
Not to boast but to make a point >> I did that with 1 reactive ball and a spare ball, without missing a 10 pin all weekend. And I was sick.
Laugh all you want, Travvy, but experience tells me that I dont need to buy a new ball for every center. I, unlike some limp-wristed peers, can take off my wrist brace on a drier condition if I need to.. I can adjust. No excuses..
:gunsmilie:

Well done Alicia, you get into them. Great come back.

Travvy Travvy Travvy Won't you ever learn.

I won't retort with a insult, but I will provide you with the facts!
Two shots per bowler per lane x five bowlers takes approximately 7 minutes
Repeat this 15 times over the course of a day's competition and you get an additional 105 minutes of bowling during which no one else is competing. Mind you, there's still the time it takes for the practicing team to get on and off the practice pair, so you can proibably figure another 25 minutes easy..
That's 2 hours and 10 minutes in total....hello 3 o'clock.

Who says that they are all bowling on the same lane, what about a couple of bowlers across the any of the other 8 lanes that are not the match lanes. Consider that the bowlers bowl on the lanes (other than the match lanes) When the game finishes so there is no delay

Woza

yeah it was.
didnt miss too many either..
This year you didnt miss many can you back it up next year on wooden lanes
You need to take a leaf out of OTB spare shooting then you will know what I mean. If you adjust your game to be able to "accurately" spare year in year out no matter what the condition then you can call yourself a seasoned country cup bowler not a one year wonder
Without rubbing your nose in it Didnt a single spare cost you guys the tournament this year

Woza

Well done Alicia, you get into them. Great come back.
Travvy Travvy Travvy Won't you ever learn.

I dont feel the need to keep it goin on a public forum as much as i could.. some people feel the need to big note themselves then thats fine.... I just find it amusing LOL

This year you didnt miss many can you back it up next year on wooden lanes
You need to take a leaf out of OTB spare shooting then you will know what I mean. If you adjust your game to be able to "accurately" spare year in year out no matter what the condition then you can call yourself a seasoned country cup bowler not a one year wonder
Without rubbing your nose in it Didnt a single spare cost you guys the tournament this year
Woza

indeed, spares are important for sure, theres no doubt about that. ;)

That spare didnt cost us the tournament (i do get what you are saying though), it won it for them, as mentioned earlier there was something else that actually DID cost us the tournament ;)
Should not have got in to the position to have to rely on another team missing a pin to win ;)

Did anyone else get there surveys this week??? Kathy Smith brought surveys into the bowl last night which have to be filled out by everyone who bowled in Ballarat containing all the questions that have been asked on here over the last week or so, so they can take the info to the next VCTBA meeting.

Just curious if anyone else got their's???

No survey's in Colac as of Wednesday night. I guess it is possible you guys might get them first and then the rest are mailed or e-mailed to other centres over the next week or so.

Is it also possible that it is only an Albury survey... so that Kathy goes to the next VCTBA meeting fully aware of where Albury bowlers stand if other associations bring these changes up.

Sorry i was thinking sale wasn't goin to be there next year. Which was not the right thing to do. Sorry sale :p

You're forgiven for this comment :p

I warn you to be wary though when bowling against Sale for that comment ;)

I have heard from some 'older' generation that 8 games straight in a day would be to much for them to handle, well i have one response for you
HEARD OF SENIOR SHIELD? GO BOWL THERE:p

Hey you having a go at me ? ;)

Maybe Senior Shield can be the same format also. I'm just getting warmed up by the end of the 3rd game !!

Liz

Did anyone else get there surveys this week??? Kathy Smith brought surveys into the bowl last night which have to be filled out by everyone who bowled in Ballarat containing all the questions that have been asked on here over the last week or so, so they can take the info to the next VCTBA meeting.

Just curious if anyone else got their's???

Got ours by email yesterday and handed them out to the bowlers last night.

Go OPTION 2

Colac has received them... just have not yet been distributed

I personally think this is an excellent proactive move by the VCTBA .. well done!

Proactive, or Reactive to the concerns of the bowlers who post under this thread? Either way, It's a good start, and the VCTBA obviously recognises a need for change. A pat on the back to everybody who has kept this thread going.

Proactive, or Reactive to the concerns of the bowlers who post under this thread? Either way, It's a good start, and the VCTBA obviously recognises a need for change. A pat on the back to everybody who has kept this thread going.
Probably a bit of both -- It is certainly proactive in that they could have waited until next VCTBA meeting before starting anything. At least this way they will be armed with all the bowlers surveys before the next meeting and be better informed before any possible changes take place.

Back
Top Bottom