How CAn We Help Country Cup

I personally love Ccup the way it is as I said earlier, being super tired and having a long weekend is just another factor that makes this tournament so tough and extremely rewarding to win. I do like the 8 game block idea but as we've clarified with the teams of 5 it is alot of balls going down there so as Woza said why not do a re-oil after 4 games but still bowl in 8 game blocks. It'll mean less running around for everyone and it might save a little time aswell. Like Rob it only takes us about 16 mins to wash and oil all the lanes so that shouldn't be to difficult don't you think??? Oh for those that didn't know we are capable of this now for we have a kegel and those that bowled Senior Shield I've fixed the pattern so there is actually oil on the lanes now hehehe...

I personally love Ccup the way it is as I said earlier, being super tired and having a long weekend is just another factor that makes this tournament so tough and extremely rewarding to win. I do like the 8 game block idea but as we've clarified with the teams of 5 it is alot of balls going down there so as Woza said why not do a re-oil after 4 games but still bowl in 8 game blocks. It'll mean less running around for everyone and it might save a little time aswell. Like Rob it only takes us about 16 mins to wash and oil all the lanes so that shouldn't be to difficult don't you think??? Oh for those that didn't know we are capable of this now for we have a kegel and those that bowled Senior Shield I've fixed the pattern so there is actually oil on the lanes now hehehe...

16 mins is bugger all to wait for a re-oil and i think people wouldnt complain about that after 4 games in an 8 game block, gives people a few mins to grab a drink/quick bite to eat/toilet break etc.

The less running around time also allows teams to have a bit of social time off the lanes.

Oh for those that didn't know we are capable of this now for we have a kegel and those that bowled Senior Shield I've fixed the pattern so there is actually oil on the lanes now hehehe...

You shouldn't joke around with us old folks ;)

Liz

I personally love Ccup the way it is as I said earlier, being super tired and having a long weekend is just another factor that makes this tournament so tough and extremely rewarding to win. I do like the 8 game block idea but as we've clarified with the teams of 5 it is alot of balls going down there so as Woza said why not do a re-oil after 4 games but still bowl in 8 game blocks. It'll mean less running around for everyone and it might save a little time aswell. Like Rob it only takes us about 16 mins to wash and oil all the lanes so that shouldn't be to difficult don't you think??? Oh for those that didn't know we are capable of this now for we have a kegel and those that bowled Senior Shield I've fixed the pattern so there is actually oil on the lanes now hehehe...[/QUOTE]

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

16 mins is bugger all to wait for a re-oil and i think people wouldnt complain about that after 4 games in an 8 game block, gives people a few mins to grab a drink/quick bite to eat/toilet break etc.
The less running around time also allows teams to have a bit of social time off the lanes.

From what I am reading the seems to be a pretty big concensus with point 2, with an oiling in the middle of the 8.

Personally I don't give a dam either way. Like Lisa said.

The big point of the change is to give each group a big break rather that 2 small ones.

I also like Woza's point about reverting back to 3 and 3 for the last day.

If we make a change it would have to stay for 2 years for both groups (men and ladies) to gauge the change.

C'mon the rest of you Country Cup bowlers, have your say. Once we get a real feel of what a majority say, we should then be in a position to influence our own Associations, so that they can put pressure on at the next meeting.

I thought your Manager BANNED the bottle???????????????????????????

i banned nothing, i like to believe adults and team players, can act accordingly, but as usual, someone will always throw a spanner in the works

if scott had have been dedicated to the cause as much as he was to the bottle, he might have averaged more than 150 or whatever it was

i banned nothing, i like to believe adults and team players, can act accordingly, but as usual, someone will always throw a spanner in the works
if scott had have been dedicated to the cause as much as he was to the bottle, he might have averaged more than 150 or whatever it was
Even I stayed at my owm motel this year! Didnt help much maybe i should have hit the town, instead of the side of the pool!
I am being pulled towards option #2 with oll the level headedness being talked on here. What a change that is.
2 years min with a reoil after 4 sound like a good comprimise.
Rob if it takes 22 or 16 mins how come it took 45 this year:confused:

I Don't know where the 16 minutes came from.

18 to 20 minutes to just oil.

Ballarat have a different machine, so it may take slightly longer.

With a Phoenix, it takes me 22 to 24 minutes to do a wash and oil.

Not all Centres are able to do this.

Rob

I was the one who mentioned 16 mins Rob coz thats how long it takes us.

But keep in mind everyone thats only 10 lanes. I think Ballarat have a Silver Bullet so it probably takes the machine longer to do the wash, as Rob has already mentioned.

Even I stayed at my owm motel this year! Didnt help much maybe i should have hit the town, instead of the side of the pool!
I am being pulled towards option #2 with oll the level headedness being talked on here. What a change that is.
2 years min with a reoil after 4 sound like a good comprimise.
as i asked earlier.. they had to refill the oil machine after 8 lanes.. i still got no response as to why *shrugs*

option 2, with oil after 4 would be a good compromise and worth a 2 year trial for sure imho.

Ashley,

What is the likelihood of the new Albury bowl being completed before 2009 country Cup -- 50:50... better or worse?

Well I wish I could give you all some info on that but atm I have no idea but like you all I hope it is.
50:50 is a pretty good guess atm

Well I wish I could give you all some info on that but atm I have no idea but like you all I hope it is.
50:50 is a pretty good guess atm
Thanks Ashley,

I am not too bothered about whether we are bowling on the "old" wood or the new synthetic... more about the number of lanes.

Currently Albury has 10 lanes which means no practice lanes, whereas the new centre will have more than 10 (i assume).

If we are bowling 10 lanes do we give new bowlers 2 balls per lane or just make them come in cold? --- from memory we used to give all new bowlers two per lane when no practice lanes were available but the last time this happened (2003 in Colac) it was voted that new bowlers would not get any practice (due to time constraints)

How do you bowl with eleven teams in a centre that has only 10 lanes? Would that mean that one team sits out each game. If this is the case, does the team who sat out get practice shots before their next game? And if so, shouldn't their oppents also get practice shots on the match pair?

How do you bowl with eleven teams in a centre that has only 10 lanes? Would that mean that one team sits out each game. If this is the case, does the team who sat out get practice shots before their next game? And if so, shouldn't their oppents also get practice shots on the match pair?

AFAIK it gets reduced to 10 teams..

The game against the bye is not bowled, therefore only 10 lanes are required and yes one team sits out. As for the rest of your questions, someone else will need to answer those... 'cause i don't know :)

Back
Top Bottom