How CAn We Help Country Cup

How do you bowl with eleven teams in a centre that has only 10 lanes? Would that mean that one team sits out each game. If this is the case, does the team who sat out get practice shots before their next game? And if so, shouldn't their oppents also get practice shots on the match pair?

The team that sat out gets 2 balls per lane practice but it is not on the match lanes it is on another pair (I think that is what has happened in the past not 100% sure) In the past when there was a team member change the new bowler coming in got 2 balls per lane on where the match was just finished - not where the new match was being commenced that I am 100% sure of.

The team that sat out gets 2 balls per lane practice but it is not on the match lanes it is on another pair (I think that is what has happened in the past not 100% sure) In the past when there was a team member change the new bowler coming in got 2 balls per lane on where the match was just finished - not where the new match was being commenced that I am 100% sure of.
I have a feeling that in 2003 (which is the last time this occurred) there was no practice at all after the initial practice of each block (not certain though). Previously to that it was as Woza has said.
My initial point was that if we are bowling in a ten lane centre and all this practice needs to occur between games for teams coming off the bye etc, then that all takes time.

I have heard from some 'older' generation that 8 games straight in a day would be to much for them to handle, well i have one response for you
HEARD OF SENIOR SHIELD? GO BOWL THERE:p

As a SENIOR SHIELD bowler I can tell you that 8 games is NOT too much. How you can say that, in a 5 man team is beyond me.

I also was told by one of the younger bowlers that he felt he'd need a break.

That's why we have 7 bowlers isn't it??????????????????? Then that person could step out and have a little nap.

As a SENIOR SHIELD bowler I can tell you that 8 games is NOT too much. How you can say that, in a 5 man team is beyond me.
I also was told by one of the younger bowlers that he felt he'd need a break.
That's why we have 7 bowlers isn't it??????????????????? Then that person could step out and have a little nap.
Thats right maybe a nanna nap renamed softy nap! Harden up people. Obviously these soft people would not ever bowl in any marathon, masters event or local tournament as just about every event is more than that.
PS. Dave it wasnt you:D

Well it’s been a couple of weeks now and the only option that seems to be getting discussed is option 2

Option 2) Saturday and Sunday - Bowl 8 games Men and then 8 games women (or vice versa) with lane maintenance after 8 games (or 4?). Keep three and three on Monday as per existing schedule

Still need to bed down whether we bowl all 8 without a break or have an oiling half way (end of game 4) – this would probably be up to the host centre to decide anyway (which is the case at the moment)

This change won’t make a big difference to the timing of the event, it just means you only have to turn up once rather than bowl 4 then disappear for three hours and then return and bowl again.

I guess this would indicate that the early starts and late finishes are not such a big deal after all. I hear a lot of people complaining but when it comes to suggestions to make changes the most popular change is keep the same times, just bowl 8 straight rather than 4 on and then 4 off etc.

I would just like to know who is doing the real whinging, the real complaining, I can only assume its not the actual guys and gals on hear trying to find solutions to other peoples problems!
Will anyone else put this up to be voted on?
If not, I put it to the VCTBA that we adopt the senario 2, with the host center to determine the oiling situation.

If not, I put it to the VCTBA that we adopt the senario 2, with the host center to determine the oiling situation.

No disrespect to anyone intended - is this leaving things a bit open?
If a proprietor was to say yeah we can handle 8 games without re-oil, and their lanes don't, what happens then? Is there any comeback?

Just asking.

If a proprietor was to say yeah we can handle 8 games without re-oil, and their lanes don't, what happens then? Is there any comeback?
Just asking.

Surely country proprietors are smart enough to know whether their lanes can handle it or not.. :surrender:

Personally I dont mind either way with the oiling thing as I know I can adjust and count on my spares..

I think 8 straight is an improvement, and if Albury can wash and oil in 16-20 minutes then for sake of making the majority happy I vote 8 straight with maintenance after 4..

Gives Farky and his older, sorry, more mature senior shield fellows time to re.coup! ;)

A sneak preview of what could very well be Bendigo's team in the 2009 Country Cup

David McEwan
Dave Farquharson
Greg Brooks
Wayne Chester
Jamie Drew
Andrew Clark
- 7th spot still open-

Any changes will need to go through proper channels. If this is what people want, it needs to be raised at the VCTBA meeting by official reps of each of the country associations and then voted on. That is one reason why we have official reps.
Just asking.
Maybe it does leave it open, but as far as i know, the oiling pattern and frequency has always been responsibility of the host centre.

Yeah Alicia thats exactly what I would be trying to get organized. Men bowl 8 with oiling after 4 and so on. I hope everyone agrees on this.

This would add an additional 2-3 hours to each day's competition. Better get ready for some 3 AM finishes!

I would just like to know who is doing the real whinging

I thimk bowlers are looking more to refining the weekend, not whinging or wanting major change.

Personally I dont mind either way with the oiling thing as I know I can adjust and count on my spares.I am off of the floor now.;).
I think 8 straight is an improvement, and if Albury can wash and oil in 16-20 minutes then for sake of making the majority happy I vote 8 straight with maintenance after 4..

It is not for the sake of making the majority happy, it is about common sense.

A sneak preview of what could very well be Bendigo's team in the 2009 Country Cup
David McEwan
Dave Farquharson
Greg Brooks
Wayne Chester
Jamie Drew
Andrew Clark
- 7th spot still open-

A couple of interesting choices there. A couple of letters I think.:p

Any changes will need to go through proper channels. If this is what people want[/B

I believe motions would have to be put forward at the AGM for any major changes to be made.

Rob

Blocks of 8 with oil after 4 as i said a page or two a go is worth a go imho.

lmao @ rob falling over.. I almost did the same thing LOL

lmao @ rob falling over.. I almost did the same thing LOL

*cough*MVP*cough*2nd highest ladies average*cough*

Not to boast but to make a point >> I did that with 1 reactive ball and a spare ball, without missing a 10 pin all weekend. And I was sick.

Laugh all you want, Travvy, but experience tells me that I dont need to buy a new ball for every center. I, unlike some limp-wristed peers, can take off my wrist brace on a drier condition if I need to.. I can adjust. No excuses..

:gunsmilie:

Lets bowl C/Cup in the city next year until we can find a solution. Just a idea.

Deano

*cough*MVP*cough*2nd highest ladies average*cough*
Not to boast but to make a point >> I did that with 1 reactive ball and a spare ball, without missing a 10 pin all weekend. And I was sick.
Laugh all you want, Travvy, but experience tells me that I dont need to buy a new ball for every center. I, unlike some limp-wristed peers, can take off my wrist brace on a drier condition if I need to.. I can adjust. No excuses..
:gunsmilie:

right.. thats interesting

I wont go in to it on here.. seems people get rather touchy easy.. dont feel like arguing with you here while you blowing your own trumpet.

Back
Top Bottom