Senior Shield in JCCup Format

Woza

Having attended both senior sheild and Junior Country Cup this year. I would like to see Senior Shield change its format and run the same as Junior Country Cup.

Currently senior shield is only over 1 round ie (11 games for both the male and the female divisions bowling in 4 person teams) where you are bowling only 6 games one day (3 and 3) and five the next (3 and 2)

Why not combine the two teams (ie 2 males and 2 females) and run with the same format as Junior Country Cup. Ie 2 rounds 22 games. Therefore I believe making it a fairer competition of who the best association is.
Also by combining both teams together it makes for a more sociable tournament than it already is.

Form an association point of view
The lineage for the tournament would still be the same ie a total of 22 rounds of 4 games.
Associations could send away 4 male and 4 female bowlers each instead of 5 or 6. Same as mangers, coaches and etc only required for 1 team not 2.

This is only a talking point and as this is an open forum lets see what others think

senior shield

hmmmm

thats like walter de veer

a total waste of time and money

my suggestion, SCRAP IT

I think the current format will suit Chucky and his elbow when he gets there :D :wink:

and before u start mate, yes I know i will be there before you.

Rob

woohoo

only 10 years to go :lol: :lol: :lol:

i won't feel as comfortable when i am 5 minutes away :p :p :p ooops i meant years :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hey Woza, spoke to some of our Senior Shield Bowlers and their response to your suggestion was a resounding NO

Also chucky Lyn said :agrue: :2gunfire: :snipersm: [-X to your suggestion

Rob

Well seeing I'm ready to be put out to pasture this year I have to agree with Lyn to Chucky's suggestion. :lol: :lol: :lol:

However Woza brings up an interesting suggestion. It would mean the teams kept bowling all day and not have to have a break for a couple of hours and then hope and pray you get a game otherwise your joints will seize up and you nod off and all those other things that happen when you get older. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Liz

all i am seeing is

too many oxygen bottles, an over supply of deep heat, more elbow and knee braces than the chemist stocks and walking sticks

now how could i ever bowl senior shield :?: :?: :?:

half you guys will want to belt me up them walking sticks, especially lyn :D :D :D

lol, i love you guys (ooooo theres that word, yukk), i'd like to think in the past i have more than looked after you, senior shield mildura 1997, who could ever forget that river cruise (another one of chucky's silly visions that would never work) and yet it has been touted the best event ever

BUT

unless more games are bowled over the weekend, i can't see the need to hold such an event, that requires so much work in raising funds to get people there, you travel the same distance as country cup, you get accomodated the same, uniform the same, yet the average bowler may bowl 5 or 6 games

and thats why i disagree, more games and i'll put my thumbs up

as for deveer, it misrepresents the value of having a state shirt, to the non bowling public and too a point the bowling public, they see them as the elite, and quite clearly they aren't. for every bowl i have worked at, it is the de veer bowlers that give me the biggest head aches when it comes to stroking their ego's, because they even think in their own little world that they are good, cause they represented their state, i know this doesn't include all de veer bowlers, but it does include the majority.

i am not good enough to make rachuig, well i haven't made rachuig to this date, and thats fine, i don't need an outlet to get a state shirt on my back. and yet many take the de veer option as a level that they are happy to aspire to. aspirations should be made to goto the top, not half way, we are the only sport that recognises mediocrity and thats why we will never get the recognition we truly deserve as sports people, we keep our standards low.

now you can start stoning me

I bowled De Veer in 2003! It was good fun and a good experience, it exposed me to a different level of the sport ie state coaching and sports psych. (Griffo and Steroid).
I have a Victorian Shirt that I hardly ever wear but I swapped shirts for NSW and WA shirts that I am much more comfortable wearing. I don't know why.
As I said before it was a good experience but it was just a curtain raiser to the main event and it's Rachuig that I now aspire to. I would much prefer to spend the rest of my bowling life trying to make Rachuig (or the senior equivilent) and failing than to get another De Veer shirt.

At the De Veer trials recently I noted a bowler who has bowled De Veer many times attempting to qualify bowling left handed because recent surgery to his right shoulder meant he could no longer bowl right handed. He had bowled 24 games to establish a average and at the half way point of qualifying he is top 3, maybe even outright 1st.
Whilst I greatly admire the determination of the man to continue against adversity I believe that the fact anybody is able to do this devalues the state shirt and the calls the De Veer competition into question.

Just my opinion!
Graeme

Chucky get to u later [-X :agrue: :snipersm: ........(reply that is :D )

Gary

Ps can some-one make that door bigger :roll: Not!!!!!!!!!!

Just in reply to the De Veer comment. these bowlers do not have State recognition any longer.

Liz

Come on Gary,
We are all still waiting for one of your well thought out, insightful and intelligent replies................................or even one of your stupid ones :D
Graeme

Nat have u kicked him in the shin's yet :D as you tried out for DeVeer again 2005 after trying out for Rachuig last year :?: :twisted:

Gary.......................

Back
Top Bottom