How CAn We Help Country Cup

Did anyone else get there surveys this week??? Kathy Smith brought surveys into the bowl last night which have to be filled out by everyone who bowled in Ballarat containing all the questions that have been asked on here over the last week or so, so they can take the info to the next VCTBA meeting.

Just curious if anyone else got their's???

Seen nothing at Sale,
OoHHHH thats right Sale closes on Monday.

At the end of the day its not who bowls with a wrist brace and who doesent, its not who bowls with 1 ball or bowls with 22 balls. The name of the thread is HOW CAN WE HELP COUNTRY CUP. Does it really matter who has done what and wateva. Grow up people and stick to the topic.

Deano

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

this what you were looking for dean?
jerry9cg.gif

You idiot lol:chair:

Seen nothing at Sale,
OoHHHH thats right Sale closes on Monday.

You will have yours before Monday night - Debbie has them and the VCTBA chairperson will be present at the bowl.

I have known that these surveys have been coming for a week and they are to be distributed to every bowler that bowled CCup this year.

Yes it is a positive movement from the VCTBA I know that some of them do look at this site and they do listen and now everyone has a right to reply (not just the people that post on here)

Hopefully out of all this will be changes for the better

What is the tournament about?
Is it about bowling together trying to win, or about getting sleep and going out on the drink and socalising.
Thou this is my first post about country cup, I have been around a lot of centres and seen a lot of tournaments. I was lucky enough to even bowl in rachuig last year, so here goes my 2 cents.
Options. Bowl 8 straight. Rachuig did 6 straight. I am no good on dry lanes (or any lanes actually) but the team was set that I would not bowl the last 2 games as I would be no help to the team. The whole point about having a manager, captain or coach to help you adjust, be it with your equipment or your line up.
Robs option of 2 divisions is actually quiet good, with a minor adjustment. When I played football we had a similar problem. Solution, division a/b are drawn from a hat. Put all team names in, including the bye if there is still an odd number of teams. First 6 out become division A. Play each team in your division twice, each team in other division once. 16 games, you can arrange dinner dance on the Sunday night once schedule is set, giving you more time to catch up with everyone or the bar.
Each year draw is done so makes for a more interesting tournament.
Again this is just my 2 cents worth, which comes down to about 1.2 cents after tax.

PAUL

No disrespect to anyone intended - is this leaving things a bit open?
If a proprietor was to say yeah we can handle 8 games without re-oil, and their lanes don't, what happens then? Is there any comeback?
Just asking.
If they dont hold up there will be lots of comeback mostly from near the gutter!:D

No disrespect to anyone intended - is this leaving things a bit open?
If a proprietor was to say yeah we can handle 8 games without re-oil, and their lanes don't, what happens then? Is there any comeback?
Just asking.

Hasn't the proprietor handled the lane conditioning for the last 28 years This is also what makes CCup - CCup
In the End does it really matter - your opponent is also bowling on the same conditions a win whether it be with a low game or a high game is still a win. The team with the most points is still the overall winner

Hasn't the proprietor handled the lane conditioning for the last 28 years This is also what makes CCup - CCup
In the End does it really matter - your opponent is also bowling on the same conditions a win whether it be with a low game or a high game is still a win. The team with the most points is still the overall winner

I agree totally - with one small mention.
I guess leaving it to the proprietors will eliminate any 'condition whinging'.
Like you said, all bowl on the same so may the best team win.

Makes the drive home fun when you have something to talk about I guess. ;)

Cheers

We have surveys and will be distributing this week.

Will be interesting to see what comes of it.

Hey Deano, since yr not bowling atm, you will have to call in and fill 1 out ;)

Lisa

Where do you draw the line at "common sense".

I bowl every month in the Seniors events in Melb. There are 8 games played, and no one ever complains about the number of games played without oil.

As it has been said before EVERYONE plays on the same condition. I do not care whether we oil or not oil. The patterns laid down are different everytime CC is played. Do we then argue for a set pattern????????

Whatever happens happens.

I think the important thing to change is the 8 games straight, instead of 4 and 4.

Any other change is a bonus.

Farky..
How many bowlers are on a pair makes a huge difference in how the condition deteriorates.

bowling 8 straight games is not the problem...
bowling 8 team games without a re-oil is

No lanes can possibly be playable after 40 lines have been thrown on them. Not unless you can throw it 40 kms per hour and without any hand.

Farky..
How many bowlers are on a pair makes a huge difference in how the condition deteriorates.
bowling 8 straight games is not the problem...
bowling 8 team games without a re-oil is
No lanes can possibly be playable after 40 lines have been thrown on them. Not unless you can throw it 40 kms per hour and without any hand.

Cant believe im actually agreeing with with wayne :surrender:

Not unless you can throw it 40 kms per hour and without any hand.

I can do that!
Its called a spare release (some would say my strike release has no hand but thats ok too :p).
Option 2, loft capping, play left of 30 - now there' a fun time.

Clarkey better learn to get the ball out I guess.

Farky, 8 games no re-oil, 8 games re-oil, I will bowl on anything, I will try to find a way no matter what the condition - what I was trying to highlight is not everyone will, think you know someone actually :rolleyes: - enough said?
Then how much fun is Country Cup?

I've said enough on this topic, if I am lucky enough to bowl the event again, I'll just enjoy the opportunity.

What happened before Bendigo - WE DIDN'T OIL.

Oiling after 4 would be good, but if it didn't happen it isn't the end of the world. We ALL play on the same condition. The best team to adjust, will win.

It may also mean that some teams will give other players a couple of extra games.

Back
Top Bottom