East Coasters we need your help

jockey

A few of us long standing East Coaters here in Victoria are trying to put together a history of the East Coast Challenge Cup. Ideally we hope to produce a CD which will then allow everyone to see what a great event this has been up to now and is to continue to be in the future.

It is clearly important to preserve a history of this great event for all to enjoy in years to come. We need to do it now as it will be increasingly difficult to obtain information on the early years of the cup as time marches on.

We are looking for anything that you can provide. Photocopies would be great but electronic copies would be better (scanned images to .jpg files, ideally in color if possible).

Although most of our focus will be on the MTBA side of things we will be grateful for anything from Sydney or QLD as we will pass it on to the people looking into doing the same in those states. Besides we all made friends with interstaters each year and shared in each others ECCC experiences.

Standing sheets from:

ECCC rolloffs - Final ones would be ideal (MTBA, GSTBA, TQI)
Championships results (ECCC, MTBA, GSTBA, TQI)
ECCC (managers results sheets, all star sheets i.e. pre certificates)
Masters (FATB, Tenpin Australia, MTBA, TQI, GSTBA)

Scans of Certificates:

Of Participation
All Star Certificates

Lists of ECCC Teams from:

Standing sheets
High Roller (MTBA)
ECCC Booklets
ECCC Photos
Or any other source

Scans of Photos:

ECCC Official Team Photos
ECCC Medalists Photos Singles, Doubles, Triples, Teams, All Events
ECCC All Star Photos
ECCC Cup Winners Photos
ECCC Masters Winners

Also any photos taken at any of the ECCC dinner dances would be appreciated. Especially during the 80's and early 90's. We would also appreciate any scans of dinner dance tickets as we have a copy of many of them and any little thing that may trigger a favourable memory for a former East Coaster when the CD is produced can only help.

All those who do contribute will be acknowledged in the credits on the CD. So if you know of any former East Coaster who may have something to contribute or if you have something then send an email to me at [email protected]

I will repost later on and provide an update of what material we have as things start to roll in. Hopefully we will obtain a complete and colorful history of the cup for all to enjoy. I will also highlight areas where we have little so hopefully one of you can fill in the gaps.

Great idea Jockey,

Surely there are many bowlers over the years who have fond memories and can part with those in written form as well in pic form,little stories that have stood the test of time. Example: Harold Fyer's comment when the 2004 QLD Men were presented the cup and he threw out a classic one liner about the Vic under 21 boys and them "still in their short pants".

I will look into some of my files and see what I can find for you.
When completed how will you distribute the CD.

Thanks
Fuzz

Duff_Star

We would appreciate anything no matter how small.

Anything that can help put our whole ECCC jigsaw puzzle together is going to help get us to the end result quicker.

Feel free to contact me on my email address as listed in my previous post with anything you can provide.

Even if it is only the scores you bowled during the cup this will help us try to put the whole picture together.

Fellow East Coasters.
It has been awhile since I posted this originally to this forum but I thought it was time to bring this to everyones attention again.
Notable changes to the original post is this venture is about the 3 states and not just the MTBA as the ECCC is between the three states.
Another important note is that my contact email address has changed. You should contact me now on: [email protected]
People can also feel free to contact me via my mobile: 0401676521
We now are in the process of getting a lsit of what we don't have together which I will post shortly in the hope one of you can fill in the gap.
Currently we have a complete list of all MTBA bowlers for all divisions from 1985 - 2006.
We are missing some complete teams from 1979 - 1984 but with the help of some of the participants of that era we are slowly getting those blanks filled.
I hope you can all get to appreciate what I have been experiencing as I have been working on this again in the last month or so. I have had the previledge of catching up with people I haven't seen in a long long time and also in talking to people who were involved in the ECCC that I never met or knew.
This time I hope we can all contribute to make it possible to have a CD containing the history of the ECCC available for all to enjoy when the ECCC comes to Moorabbin next year.
One way you may be able to help for starters is to let me know if you know how to contact the following former East Coasters:
Meredith Ryan
Shelley or Jodie Leigh
Nick or Sue Verhagen
Note the above mentioned ladies who were all former Youth or Junior bowlers may have married and thus have different surnames these days.

Here is an update for those of you considering contributing to the history.
There are 217 team photos from 1979 - 2006.
Currently we have a copy of around 85 of them. We would appreciate a copy of any Under 21 Girls or Boys Graded or Scratch team photos from the mid 1990's through 2006. We have some of them but not very many.
We also would like to get a copy of any Scratch Ladies team photos from the mid 90's through to 2006, again we have a couple but not very many.
We are also looking for a copy of the Open mens team photos for 1993, 1995 and 1996 and the Graded mens photos from 1993 and 1995.
Will keep you all posted on how we are going very soon.

Back
Top Bottom