Junior Country Cup 2008

In the past the centre that is hosting the Junior CCup has the opportunity to host a second side in leiu of the vacancy
ie Ovens and Murray had a second side in 2005
Warrnambool had a second side in 2006
Shepp had a second side last year etc.
It looks like due to Sale being unable to field a team (had boys but no girls) last year therefore creating another vacancy Horsham were invited to participate.
As Sale closed earlier this year and again will not field a team therefore bringing the associations back to 10 their is no vacancy.
This means one of two things firstly Colac do not have the opportunity for a second side (to replace the original vacancy) and secondly Horsham will not be invited to replace Sales vacancy. If both Colac hosted a second side and Horsham were invited to replace Sale this would make 12 teams and as colac only has 10 lanes then makeup rounds (as per what happened at Country Cup) would need to be bowled
I to did not attend the VCTBA meeting in February and have not seen the minutes from that meeting but there appears to be either an oversight in communication (I assume that all Assocations get a copy of the minutes)or misunderstanding of the invitation the was given last year between the VCTBA and Horsham which in turn has lead to this mess. Personally I see no problem with having 11 teams and the bye not being bowled.

Not quite true Paige. I believe Horsham was actually only invited last year when Sale pulled out. The extra team from Shep (host association) was to even team numbers up (to 12). Sale then pulled out and Horsham was invited as a "one off" invitation as per the provision in the rules that Murray posted.

All I remember from our association meetings last year was we were waiting to confirm with Sale before we announced to our juniors that we were submitting a second team. So I assumed that Horsham had already been invited and accepted prior to Sales decision to withdraw their team. But that was from our individual association meeting not the VCTBA.

Sounds like another situation of miscommunications between people again. It is a shame that Horsham will not be able to participate, my personal view is that there would be no harm in having 11 teams and no bye to be bowled. I mean this is a junior tournament....lets encourage participation.

Horsham were only invited LAST YEAR to fill the vacancy which occurred, after Shepp fielded their 2nd team and THEN Sale pulled out. They were never told it was a permanent position for them, and Bob Hinton knew it was only for 2007 as the circumstances allowed it. Horsham are not even members of the VCTBA.
Denece.

Horsham were only invited LAST YEAR to fill the vacancy which occurred, after Shepp fielded their 2nd team and THEN Sale pulled out. They were never told it was a permanent position for them, and Bob Hinton knew it was only for 2007 as the circumstances allowed it. Horsham are not even members of the VCTBA.
Denece.

Sorry, but I don't understand ..is the VCTBA not part of VicTenpins?

So what's the harm in letting them bowl? Is it just because the bowl isn't a member of VicTenpins or is there some underlying reason for the decision.

And since I'm asking and you're reading...Isn't every centre within Victoria automatically a member of Victenpins or is there something I'm missing. Because I can't find anywhere on the Victenpins website any instructions for a bowl to join. What I did find was this..in the Victenpins constitution....

4. MEMBERSHIP

Membership shall consist of the Voting Delegate from all Associations that are licensed by TBA within the State of Victoria (including Albury) and in the absence of a licensed TBA Association, the voting delegate from all TBA registered bowling centres.

Speaking of Voting Delagates
Would you be so kind as to tell me who is the Bendigo/ Dragon City Voting Delegate? I thought it was me, since the bowl owner sent in my name of the nomination form and told me no one else was putting in for it. But then again, I could be mistaken, because no one from Victenpins has contacted me or the bowl with a confirmation...

anxiously awaiting your responses..
Wayne Chester

I'm trying to find out what makes one different from the other...how about some help.
Correct me if I am wrong but in the VCTBA constitution as per the ruling posted earlier by Murray
Revised July 2007
VICTORIAN COUNTRY TENPIN BOWLING ASSOCIATION
JUNIOR COUNTRY CUP
2. PARTICIPATION
Participation in the Junior Country Cup will be limited to one (1) team from the following Associations: ALBURY/WODONGA, BALLARAT, BENDIGO, COLAC, GEELONG, LATROBE VALLEY, OVENS & MURRAY, SALE, SHEPPARTON, SUNRAYSIA AND WARRNAMBOOL and any other Association invited to participate by a ¾ majority decision of the above member Associations.
This is also a similiar rule for Senior Shield and Country Cup where their are 2 teams from each association - As stated Horsham is not one of these associations listed and were only invited last year to replace Sales position after they were unable to field a side and as Denece has confirmed it was an invitation for one year and one year only - last years invitation was not an automatic entry for this years event. There are a number of other country centres/associations that exist in country Victoria but by being a country centre does not get you automatic entry into these events. A team from say Echuca could have been invited instead of Horsham for example
What Vic tenpins role is I am unable to help you with but hopefully this gives you some insight to where the VCTBA sits remebering that Junior CCup, CCup and Senior Shield are run by the VCTBA and not Victenpins
P.S. Albury/Wodonga - has split into two seperate associations - Albury and Ovens and Murray

Speaking of Voting Delagates
Would you be so kind as to tell me who is the Bendigo/ Dragon City Voting Delegate? I thought it was me, since the bowl owner sent in my name of the nomination form and told me no one else was putting in for it. But then again, I could be mistaken, because no one from Victenpins has contacted me or the bowl with a confirmation...

VicTenpins is the State Association and as such, runs the State trials and is the 'body' for all local associations. VCTBA is the Victorian Country Tenpin Bowling Association, which is the 'body' for the Country Associations who are members of the VCTBA.
As for voting delegates, they are for the VTBA AGM, and I'm not really sure what I was supposed to let you know, because the centres just tell us who will be their voting delegate at our AGM, and you know as well as me Wayne, that yes, Greg did name you. (And Greg has received confirmation that his form was received.)
Denece

As Denice said, the C part of VCTBA is the difference between them and VicTenpins, being that its the Country representative body.
I dont think anyone is disputing the fact that Horsham were only invited as a one off deal but i think they were told this year they were going to be bowling again and then were instructed that they were not at a very later date, after they had selected a team and everything.
i am sure that is were they main issues lie, Am i correct Russ?:confused:

Horsham definitely did bowl last year -- Final standings

Latrobe Valley 113.5
Warrnambool 90
Shepparton "A" 84
Shepparton "B" 74
Colac 67.5
Albury 65
Sunraysia 63.5
Geelong 60
Horsham 59.5
Ballarat 46
Ovens & Murray 36
Bendigo 33

In addition - Tyson Hinton from Horsham was high all star average with a 198 average

As it has been pointed out, we are not members of vctba. I personally did not realize this so it was wrong of me to post anything about the decision that was made regarding junior c/cup. Hopefully in the future we will one day become members so the bowlers can bowl in such a great tournament. If i upset anybody with my posts i sincerely apologize.

As it has been pointed out, we are not members of vctba. I personally did not realize this so it was wrong of me to post anything about the decision that was made regarding junior c/cup. Hopefully in the future we will one day become members so the bowlers can bowl in such a great tournament. If i upset anybody with my posts i sincerely apologize.

Welcome to the club Russell. I have lost count as to how many people have done the same thing including myself. :)

Liz

Shepparton Junior Country Cup Team 2008

Congratulations go to:

Trent Murphy
Liam Peat
Arron Webb

Jacalyn Thatcher
Pieta Lapworth
Tennille Scott

Good Luck in Colac in September.

[/QUOTE]P.S. Albury/Wodonga - has split into two seperate associations - Albury and Ovens and Murray[/QUOTE]

Just to clear this up our assosiation is still and always will be called Albury/Wodonga. This is why we are eligible to bowl VIC C/Cup. Its just when Twin City decided to register their centre they used Ovens and Murray.

P.S. Albury/Wodonga - has split into two seperate associations - Albury and Ovens and Murray[/QUOTE]
Just to clear this up our assosiation is still and always will be called Albury/Wodonga. This is why we are eligible to bowl VIC C/Cup. Its just when Twin City decided to register their centre they used Ovens and Murray.[/QUOTE]
Thanks man, that now makes sense of all the confusion.

Congratulations to the Juniors that have made the Warrnambool Team this year.
Kirrily Payne
Danielle McKenzie
Skye Sheen
Nick Membery (Captain)
Shannon Drake
Sam Grant

Gayle Payne (Manager)
Jarrad Payne (Coach)

See you all in September
"Carn Warrnambool"
:):):):)

Back