Junior Country Cup 2008

Woza

Congrats to the Juniors that will represent Latrobe Valley at this years Junior Country Cup in Colac

Girls
Toni-Maree Bosma (Captain)
Rachel Whitehead
Bree Searle

Boys
Robert Hillenhaar
Matt Curnow
Bryce Woszczeiko

Congratulations to all who made the LV team. I might be a bit biased here but this looks like a team of most of my favourite juniors here.

GO LV :):)

Liz

Two less teams this year. One without a Centre and one removed.:(
Rob
No Sale cause bowl has closed and no second team for Shepparton.

Wasn't the second team there mainly to even the numbers up anyway?

If one has dropped out doesn't it make more sense to keep the numbers even rather than having a bye?

Wasn't the second team there mainly to even the numbers up anyway?
If one has dropped out doesn't it make more sense to keep the numbers even rather than having a bye?

Horsham is the team that I am asking about.

Rob

So what is happening with the new bowl in sale? Any progress at all on that front yet? Or are we talking years before something happens?

No Gary it was not the second Shepparton team that was omitted, it was a team thats already had there trials.Your better off asking Murry why a team got told 2 weeks ago it could not bowl this year when the decision was made in Feburary.Needless to say we have alot of disappointed junior bowlers here at the moment,hopefully common sense will prevail because its a sad day in this sport when kids cant bowl in c/cup because of certain people on the vctba.

No Gary it was not the second Shepparton team that was omitted, it was a team thats already had there trials.Your better off asking Murry why a team got told 2 weeks ago it could not bowl this year when the decision was made in Feburary.Needless to say we have alot of disappointed junior bowlers here at the moment,hopefully common sense will prevail because its a sad day in this sport when kids cant bowl in c/cup because of certain people on the vctba.
I was not aware of that. I looked at the 12 teams from last year and figured Rob meant Sale and Shep2.

I am sure that you would have a lot of disappointed juniors if they were told yes they could bowl and then no they can't. I would also be curious to find out why. I haven't seen any of your girls bowl but you certainly have some pretty talented boys in your team.

I must admit that (without having all the information) it seems odd that a team that played last year cannot play this year. Your last comment suggests you think it is something personal but I would have thought it is more likely to be something somewhere in the rules that is being enforced rather than "certain people on the VCTBA?" Not sure if I will be able to find out the reason or not .... :confused:

Surely you were given a reason when told you can't bowl?

Thats very very very poor form :mad:

Gary we rang colac 2 weeks ago to put our team list in and was told we are not on the lane draw.apprantley it was decided in feburary that we be omitted from c/cup in 2008 so they could have 10 teams for 10 lanes.We have not recieved any information from vctba on this matter.Poor form maybe but im disgusted how they have treated these kids.

Gary we rang colac 2 weeks ago to put our team list in and was told we are not on the lane draw.apprantley it was decided in feburary that we be omitted from c/cup in 2008 so they could have 10 teams for 10 lanes.We have not recieved any information from vctba on this matter.Poor form maybe but im disgusted how they have treated these kids.

I don't see how that would matter. 11 teams would mean a bye. Just don't bowl the bye and the other 10 teams play on the 10 available lanes - no problems.

It certainly appears pretty ordinary - especially if you have not been officially told you can't play ... Have you requested an explanation from VCTBA?

We are sending a letter to the vctba and tba and hopefully some good will come from that.I am upset because its the kids that miss out on bowling in this great event and they don't seem to care. If it is a lane draw problem you just explained how it would work.I've only told you what i know,hopefully it works out.

We are sending a letter to the vctba and tba and hopefully some good will come from that.I am upset because its the kids that miss out on bowling in this great event and they don't seem to care. If it is a lane draw problem you just explained how it would work.I've only told you what i know,hopefully it works out.
Yes hopefully it does work out. I know how keen your kids are and it is a perfect event for them to compete in. Fingers crossed - it is still a few months away

Revised July 2007
VICTORIAN COUNTRY TENPIN BOWLING ASSOCIATION
JUNIOR COUNTRY CUP
2. PARTICIPATION

Participation in the Junior Country Cup will be limited to one (1) team from the following Associations: ALBURY/WODONGA, BALLARAT, BENDIGO, COLAC, GEELONG, LATROBE VALLEY, OVENS & MURRAY, SALE, SHEPPARTON, SUNRAYSIA AND WARRNAMBOOL and any other Association invited to participate by a ¾ majority decision of the above member Associations.

In the event of a bye or vacancy occuring the Host Association may field an additional team to fill such vacancy. If the Host Association is unable to field an extra team invitations may be issued to the remaining associations to field an additional team.
The above has been cut and pasted from the JCC rules
I seems that everybody needs to realise that firstly sale was not been able to field a team last year, and has indicated they were not able to again this year, although they are without a Centre the Association still exists this year.
Horsham is not a member of the V.C.T.B.A., as you may note they are not listed above, they were however invited last year, we were fortunate Shepparton has the luxury of more than 10 lanes, This year in Colac we have 10 lanes , 10 teams and no bye, if we had more lanes Colac would probably field and extra team and Horsham would be invited again

MWS

Revised July 2007
VICTORIAN COUNTRY TENPIN BOWLING ASSOCIATION
JUNIOR COUNTRY CUP
2. PARTICIPATION
Participation in the Junior Country Cup will be limited to one (1) team from the following Associations: ALBURY/WODONGA, BALLARAT, BENDIGO, COLAC, GEELONG, LATROBE VALLEY, OVENS & MURRAY, SALE, SHEPPARTON, SUNRAYSIA AND WARRNAMBOOL and any other Association invited to participate by a ¾ majority decision of the above member Associations.
In the event of a bye or vacancy occuring the Host Association may field an additional team to fill such vacancy. If the Host Association is unable to field an extra team invitations may be issued to the remaining associations to field an additional team.
The above has been cut and pasted from the JCC rules
I seems that everybody needs to realise that firstly sale was not been able to field a team last year, and has indicated they were not able to again this year, although they are without a Centre the Association still exists this year.
Horsham is not a member of the V.C.T.B.A., as you may note they are not listed above, they were however invited last year, we were fortunate Shepparton has the luxury of more than 10 lanes, This year in Colac we have 10 lanes , 10 teams and no bye, if we had more lanes Colac would probably field and extra team and Horsham would be invited again
MWS
Is there only one team from these two? Or is it the same as adults were there is one team from each?
If there is two teams this would make 11 teams without Sale, causing a bye.
If there is only one team add Horsham in call Sale the Bye and use the thoughts above (not bowl the bye) and bingo you have happy people!
Seems pretty damn staight forward to me!
Unless we dont want to "FOSTER AND PROMOTE THE SPORT" as everyone keeps quoting!

Albury/Wodonga association bowls CCup and Jr CCup as Albury.
Wodonga bowl both CCups as Ovens and Murray (who are also on list of members)

Same teams as CCup this year minus Sale = 10 teams for Jr CCup

It's disappointing that on the surface it seems Horsham has not been 'invited' to participate in Junior Country Cup as they were last year.

I know that last year Shepp only got to submit a second team because Sale did not field a team. Horsham had been invited regardless of Sale's position.

Is the decision to only have the ten teams on the ten lanes the vctba or the colac association?

It's disappointing that on the surface it seems Horsham has not been 'invited' to participate in Junior Country Cup as they were last year.
I know that last year Shepp only got to submit a second team because Sale did not field a team. Horsham had been invited regardless of Sale's position.
Is the decision to only have the ten teams on the ten lanes the vctba or the colac association?
Not quite true Paige. I believe Horsham was actually only invited last year when Sale pulled out. The extra team from Shep (host association) was to even team numbers up (to 12). Sale then pulled out and Horsham was invited as a "one off" invitation as per the provision in the rules that Murray posted.

The decision of 10 teams was not made by the Colac association.

(I think) the decision was made at the Feb meeting of VCTBA not to invite Horsham this year. No rep from Horsham attended this meeting (a couple of other Associations were missing as well).

Last year Sale had a junior side with only 1 girl from Sale though. She pulled out at some stage which meant that Sale could not field a team.

My understanding is that Horsham was then invited to field a team for that year only to fill the spot created by the withdrawl of Sale.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong as it is only second hand information.

Liz

Back
Top Bottom