Junior Counry Cup 2006

Hi
I was in the sale team. We had only one girl and there was only one on the draft adnd they couldn't find another. So the commitee decided to pull us out. We have later found out that there were other girls that wanted to bowl but weren't listed on the draft and we could have been there. next year will be my last year so hopefully we will have a team next year.

That is a real shame for the kids at Sale. :(

Maybe the local associations from now on can make sure that their bowlers who missed out put in for the draft regardless. It is much easier to say NO if asked but at least the teams looking for bowlers know who to approach and will have better luck finding a bowler.

LFC

Re: Junior Country Cup 2006

Congratulations to all those who bowled. Well done to the winning teams.

Thank you for those involved with keeping the scores updated - it was almost like being there!

Very well done to the kids from Colac, some very inexperienced and very young kids but all bowled way above their league averages - outstanding effort!! -- hope you all enjoyed the experience.

"Very well done to the kids from Colac, some very inexperienced and very young kids but all bowled way above their league averages - outstanding effort!! -- hope you all enjoyed the experience."

Yes, i second that. Well done Colac. Daniel(from the Colac team daaa :p) bowled the highest game of the whole event well done to him and well done to his team mates who where all very young yet had no trouble pulling off 200 games including a 222 game by one of the very young girls against Warrnambool B. Makes me wish i could bowl like that so young.

Like to say a big congrates to Bendigo for bowling exceptionally well n winning, as well as the other teams that bowled realli well too;) .....Also a big YAY to the all stars for the boys Matthew Chetleburgh and luke kairn and the girlies Alicia Garioch and Laura Kairn...well done...lol tho im situated in da city,its good to see bowling blossoming around the state :D...

Well Done to Bendigo!! And of course all of the teams.

Shepp team we are proud of you, not a lot of experience as we have had in the past but they worked hard and brought themselves back from 9th to 4th. Well Done!!

Heard the jnr cup is in Shepp next year. Can't wait!! Better bring your ear plugs next year. We start rehearsals next week for our cheer squad!!

Congrats Bendigo. A great effort. Well done to Luke and Laura on All Stars.

If only we could get our Senior guys bowling as well. Looks good for the future.

Thanks for the guys updating the info on the web. It was great getting the scores so quick.

Well done to the bendigo junior on winning the junior country cup. Well done to luke and laura on making the all stars...

GO BENDIGO
also congrats to luke kairn and laura kairn and alicia garioch u guys bowled awesome. Also to Matt but i dont know u but u bowled totally awesome

Good work bendigo.:D
Its good to see someone else other than the valley winning.:D

Hey does anyone know when it will be next year?
Its normally in the first term holidays, but got changed this year because of the commonwealth games.

Hi everybody,

well done to warnambool on holding a good tournament, very few hiccups along the way, well done to all the bowlers who had a go, especially all the young ones.

on to the main point of this post, Mathew chettleburgh, Daniel Banham, Chris Verhaar and Jaymin Bentley: Hopefully all 4 of you guys are trying out for pressy shield in 2 weeks time at altona, you are all very capable of pushing to be representing your state so get down there and give it a crack.

Luke Kairn

Well Done to Bendigo
Tournament Favoutites and delivered when it counted 794 last team game to win 6-0 when it was on the line=D>
Well Done to Sue as tournament director and the rest of the saff for a very smoothly run tournament.
Special thanks to Gail for organising the dinner on Sunday night. The look on the barmans face when the kids started chaning was priceless.
Special mention to Shelby who took out the Menu castle building contest despite everyones best efforts to destroy it
To our guys well done and was really proud of what you guys achieved. Yes our run of wins ended on four in a row - somthing that I dont think will be repeated any time soon but the future is looking promising for the Valley with only one kid aging out and the others having 2 - 5 years left in juniors
PS - Hey Wilko could have pre warned me about the love child before you unleashed him;)
PPS - Here the Emerson team is looking for a golf coach;)

Hey Luke,

On behalf of chris thanks for your rap, he will definatly be trying out for presi shield. thanks for your encouragment some juniors don't get enough of it these days...

Well Done Guy's
Bendigo has got some very talented bowlers and the Junior Team winning was proof of that...:p
Luke & Laura congratulations on making the all stars..
Well done to Andrew Valli just missing the same, hope to see all the boys have a go at the state side...
Keith Soloman is also one to watch he has a great game and improving all the time.
Laura,Janelle & Amy fantastic effort that should keep you buzzing for awhile...

Bring on the Goldpin Youth Cup...

Well done to Bendigo, fantastic effort. Well done to everyone who made the allstars and participated in the event. Look forward to seeing all the talent next year in Shep (thats if its held there, Paige could be telling porkys)

Hey.
Congrats to Bendigo.. you guys really did great.. I figure you're silent but violent.. hardly heard a peep out of you's all weekend!! i can still hardly talk.
it was a great weekend.
also i would like to say a huge congrats to albury, even though they finished last they still did an awesome job.
thanks for a great weekend everyone.
Kim.
ps.. I CAUSED A DISPUTE... hehe..:p

hey

congrats to bendigo, it was an great weekend
well done to alica,luke and laura for allstars
and thanks to ballarat for giving us a player for the weekend

mat

Well done to Bendigo, fantastic effort. Well done to everyone who made the allstars and participated in the event. Look forward to seeing all the talent next year in Shep (thats if its held there, Paige could be telling porkys)

Na its in Shep ;)

"figure you're silent but violent"

Yeah... while our Warrnambool teams + Vally and Sunraiser wasted our energy chanting and shouting.. Bendigo didn't make a sound.. except from the mass of strikes.

"ps.. I CAUSED A DISPUTE... hehe.."

Was that with the Ovens and Murry coach?

"ps.. I CAUSED A DISPUTE... hehe.."

Was that with the Ovens and Murry coach?

hey..
nah it was with latrobe.. when i bowled i left the 1, 2 and 9 pin then the pins hit the gate and came bak and knocked the 1 and 2 over, and the latrobe dude told me that they had to be re-stood because it had come off the gate.. but it had happened earlier in that game to a vally bowler but nothing got said. so they went and got the disputes commity to find out..i got to bowl at just the 9 pin and after that Lisa checked the rule book and found out that they didnt have to be re-stood. also. the small fact that i had won my point no matter what i bowled the 7 or the 9.. and we had lost the overall.. it really didnt make any difference at all.. but yeah i'm quite proud.. i stood up for my ground.. i would have been very angry if they stood it back up concidering the other young girl didnt get her's put back up.!!

kim..

Re: Junior Country Cup 2006

hey..
nah it was with latrobe.. when i bowled i left the 1, 2 and 9 pin then the pins hit the gate and came bak and knocked the 1 and 2 over, and the latrobe dude told me that they had to be re-stood because it had come off the gate.. but it had happened earlier in that game to a vally bowler but nothing got said. so they went and got the disputes commity to find out..i got to bowl at just the 9 pin and after that Lisa checked the rule book and found out that they didnt have to be re-stood. also. the small fact that i had won my point no matter what i bowled the 7 or the 9.. and we had lost the overall.. it really didnt make any difference at all.. but yeah i'm quite proud.. i stood up for my ground.. i would have been very angry if they stood it back up concidering the other young girl didnt get her's put back up.!!
kim..
Only a commity could make this absurd ruling. A real committee would know the rule saying that the pins had to be re-spotted.

Back
Top Bottom