Junior Country Cup 2005

Had great fun and great competition my first year, so this is what it's all about. Looking forward to bowling with you all next year hopefully.

P.S. Amy can be captain next year. :)
Shake it off!

Well done to all bowlers , congrats to Latrobe.
A special mention to Will Crowson for making the allstars,yes thats right craig a Sale bowler made the allstars. :p :p :p :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Hey Grumpie, just goes to show all the effort you have put into coaching and clinics in the last 12 months are starting to pay off. Well done to all who bowled on the weekend.

wowee grumpee

i am impressed :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 all star rep and you didn't finish last, not even close

like joe said, all that time and money invested into coaching down there is starting to reap rewards

speaking of finishing last, that would have to be the first time in history i have ever seen the home team run last.

now you just have to get the super coach down there, just to raise the bar a bit more. :wink:

Hey Chuck,
Don't knock the team that came last this year at least they had a go and represented their association with pride and done a great job, It's difficult the have two rep teams in the same event with the same standard of bowling. If you look back at last years Junior Country Cup the host association Geelong B also came last, if i remember you were still at Geelong then wern't you???

I would also like to mention the Ovens & Murray had it's first bowler to make an all stars team, congrats to Stephen Mc Cabe who finished with the highest boys average.
:D :D :D :multi:

You are an idiot Craig

Congratulations should go to Ovens & Murray for fielding the second side where otherwise there would have been a bye and nobody wants to see that. :wink:

The first Ovens and Murray side was very competitive and was 1 of only 2 teams to actually beat the Latrobe Valley side.

Also congrats should go to all assoications for fielding full teams and those who were short made use of the draft.

This last one just clarifys a rule which obviously at the time they did not know

Rule 201 - Bowling Etiquette:
201.4 - "Stay on your own approach at all times. "Riding" balls IS permitted as long as the bowler does not move outside of ONE LANE EITHER SIDE OF THE DELIVERY LANE"

201.4 - "Stay on your own approach at all times. "Riding" balls IS permitted as long as the bowler does not move outside of ONE LANE EITHER SIDE OF THE DELIVERY LANE"

However, does this apply when the ball has already hit the pins, at this stage the bowler is still on there lane, then the bowler decides to walk across in front of you, surely this is not allowed. :?:

common sense, thats right :!: :!: :!:

if i am on the approach, don't even bother getting up

if rooboy is on the approach, dont get up 3 lanes either side, he needs room for his ego :lol: :lol: :lol:

technically you can't get up until i am off the approach, bit like trying to park a car in a spot that is being vacated, the car has to get out before you can go in

Quote:

However, does this apply when the ball has already hit the pins, at this stage the bowler is still on there lane, then the bowler decides to walk across in front of you, surely this is not allowed.

Depends where I am bowling if it was a Geelong - you definetly do not ride until all the pins are on the deck even if you smash the pocket - never know what you might leave. :wink:

Brenton
In your case the bowler on the right gets up to bowl and soon as he starts moving u are on the lane getting ready for your shoot before his ball has even hit the pins. It was not as if he bowled then waited for you to get on the approach and then ride in front of you. You are leavin yourself wide open for a ride - To get caught once is excusable to get caught twice is unexplainable.
At the end of the game it was good to see that you were a true sportsman and shook hands with your opponent. =D>
Something that you dont always see at Senior level.

See you next year in Country Cup

i take it brenton doesn't like people riding around him

can you bowl emmerson shield ???

i like people giving me notice on how to pi$$ them off

it encourages me

and i need encourragement, like you, i hope you practise hard and make it, there ya go, see ya on the approach :wink:

What ever happened to the days when regardless of weither or not your opponent was still riding on the approach you got up and took your shot? If you collected them at your foul line then so be it...lol

Back
Top Bottom