2005 Junior Goldpin

A team is meant to be made up of 6 people but i know last year at the final mentone only had 4 boys so those 4 boys bowled all the games . when u play a match it is a 4 man team

bec

becka_girl said:
A team is meant to be made up of 6 people but i know last year at the final mentone only had 4 boys so those 4 boys bowled all the games . when u play a match it is a 4 man team

bec

According to the handbook handed out this year these teams can either draft a person from another centre as their 6th team member :D or use the vacancy as their 6th team member which has to compete for the minimum number of games.

Vacancy score for girls 135 for boys 155 and they can win points :(

so that means you cant do what mentone boys did last year and just use the same bowlers every game? you have to use a vacancy or draft?

From the handbook handed out this year you are correct.
From the way i understand it you have to have at least 4 original team members, but every team must have 6 bowlers whether this is made up of 4 original and 2 draft, 4 original and 2 vacancy or 4 original and 1 draft 1 vacancy. To be eligible to be drafted you must have competed in your centres trials and filled out a draft nomination form.

The draft/vacancy are team members and must complete the rules (ie bowl half of the games)

The same rules apply to both Adult Emerson and Youth Goldpin

This is my understanding of the rules hopefully somebody can clarify either way.

Rules re the Draft for Goldpin Junior Shield:

To assist centres in fielding teams in Goldpin's various team ecents - a draft has been introduced on a trial basis in 2005 for Junior shield.
Eligibility:
All bowlers currently competing in league in a Goldpin Victoria centre are eligible to nominate for the draft subject to the following conditions:

# must be eligible to compete in this tournament subject to existing eligibility rules.
# In centres where a roll off is conducted - a bowler must compete in the roll off to be eligible to nominate for the draft.
# Bowlers in centres, which nominate teams but do not conduct a roll off are INELIGIBLE to nominate for the draft.
# In centres, which do not nominate teams - bowlers may nominate individually only through the centre management.
All draft nominations must be lodged through centre management on the nomination form, which follows.
Draft nominations closed 31st July 2005All centre roll- offs must be completed by this date.

Conditions:
A bowler's first prioity is to compete for his/ her "home centre". Where a bowler competes in more than one centre, the T/D will determine the home centre.Centres requesting bowlers from the draft must take "home Centre" bowlers first.
Teams may include a maximum of two drafted bowlers.

Bowlers Selection:

Due to the structure Goldpin's team events, it is not possible to rank centres as such. Therefore allocation of bowlers will be at the discretion of the tournament committee. The primary objective of the draft will always be to balance, as much as is possible, the teams requiring draft bowlers.
Immediately the tournament committee has drafted bowlers, they will be advised of the centre they have been selected to represent. Centres will be advised immediately bowlers have confirmed their acceptance.
ALL COMMUNICATION FROM THIS POINT WILL BE BEWTEEN THE CENTRE AND BOWLER.
All queries concerning the draft process should be directed to the tournament director - Ray Hodge at Melton Bowl PH. 03 / 97439444.

General Rules:
All stages of this event will be conducted under standard TBA playing rules and these rules must be applied in conjunction with specific tournament rules and conditions at all times. Where the rules and conditions do not cover a specific situation, the matter will be referred to the tournament director whose decision will be final.

Games per Team Member:

Each team member must bowl in a minimum 50% of matches played.
Note: Failure to comply with the min games rule will result in the team/s being disqualified.
Each team will consist of 6 bowlers
When a team is unable to field six bowlers, a vacancy score (max 2 per team) shall be used.
The vacancy score shall be treated as a team member with regards to min games and can therefore - win Points.
Vacancy scores may not be applied against each other in matches.

Points System:

Each head to head win is worth 1 point.
Each team win is worth 2 points.
If a draw occurs in an individual match, each bowler will be awarded a 1/2 point.
If a draw occurs in a team match, 1 point will be awarded to both teams.
If a team has a vacancy, individual opponents will have to bowl the following to be awarded a point:
Girls - 135 and over
Boys - 155 and over
If a team forfeits, the opposing team will require the following team score to be awarded the team points.
Girls - 540 and over
Boys - 620 and over

I hope that this will clear up a few matters for all concerned. :cool:

After Day 1 - 9 games - 5 remaining today
Results
1st - Shepparton 40
2nd - Morwell 38
3rd - Bendigo 31.5
4th - Geelong 26.5
5th - Ed Flemming 24
6th - Rosebud 22
7th - Werribee 21
8th - Vacancy 10
Just to let you know Kev - Mr Bob made it down here safely - looked a little worse for wear and after some handy tips from yours truly even managed to hit the pocket;)
Craigs belief training seems to be working ;) I think that he is glad that he is not bowling. His love of Morwell is only getting stronger;)
Tough Conditions but scoreable - anyone who thought that they wouldnt be have been kidding themselves. As always spares are the keys at Morwell and the vacancy of 149 for girls and 159 for boys has actually won quite a number of points.

The above scores do not relate to Junior Goldpin 2005. They are the scores for the Goldpin Youth Tournament.

Oops my mistake to late a night to early a morning

Final results are posted in the correct topic

hey ever1 mentone have finished our qualies and the teams are as follows:
Boys
Hugh Livingstone
James Blennerhassett
Tom Smith
Jack Livingstone
Josh Richman
Chris Watson
RES: Karl Mitchell
Girls
Natarsha Vella
Shay Heenan
Rachael Ellis
Janelle Kieseker
The last two girls spots are still being confirmed.
Good luck to every1!!!!! From TaRsHa:)

Ed Fleming Lanes and Storm Australia are pleased to announce the biggest Tenpin Bowling Equipment Sale to be held on the weekend of 18th,19th & 20th Nov. This will happen in conjunction with Goldpin Junior Shield which is being held on the same weekend. For all those bowlers travelling to EFL we will have all the latest "Storm Bowling Balls" :D plus a big range of "Bowling bags" :eek: and shoes,along with all the accessories including "Vise Grips" :p wrist Guards, Towells and "Storm Cleaning Products", all equipment will be sold at "special prices" just for the Junior Shield weekend, We also have the magic "Storm Tyre Spare Ball "on Sale for those that like to have something different. This will be a genuine sale and anyone who is not bowling is welcomed to come and snap up a bargain. This will be a once in a life time sale with first come first pick of all equipment on show. For more information contact our Pro-Shop Operator Karl Goodger on 03/9726 0333. Free drilling will be offered as well and we were hoping for James McGinty to be here as well, but James is recovering from a Motor Bike accident at the moment and we wish him a speedy recovery from all his friends at Ed Felming Lanes.:cool: So make your way down to Ed Fleming Lanes for the biggest sale ever at prices you wont believe.

edfleminglanes said:
We also have the magic "Storm Tyre Spare Ball "on Sale for those that like to have something different.

Without trying to sound like a smart ass....
Storm spare tyre?
Come on...
Am I the only 1 that see's this?

Tell the audience why you no longer like me. Would it be cus u lay shit on people like Felicity (who managed to make a Victorian team after a major car accident) and I stick up for them? Im sorry that I pick real friends over spoilt little shitheads like yourself.

Please tell everyone why you are better than everyone else?

Hey guyz!!
not long now!! is there any other teams that have entered?? i cant wait!! see u all there :)!!

GO BALLARAT!

luv kimmy j xoxo

well guys it not to far away now....:D

come on kimmy....this should be fun, just like old times.... well once :p

Come on Bendigo, come on, come on...:p

hey

not long to go till shield about a week and a half
so who do u think will win and make all stars for boys and girls

thanks

bec

hey,
im hoping a ballaratian makes the all stars this year... and we come close to winning.. lol unlike last year boys like came 3rd we were 3rd last... sucked :p
im thinkin alicia garioch if she is bowling will prolly make it!! but yah.. we will see.. NOT LONG!!
GO BALLARAT! :p!! :D
luv kim...

Hey everyone,

Just letting you know that unfortunately Sunraysia will not be competing in this years Golpin Shield :(

Good luck to everyone that will be competing in 9 sleeps and may the best team win!

Alicia

Back
Top Bottom