Junior Counry Cup 2006

Look forward to seeing all the talent next year in Shep (thats if its held there, Paige could be telling porkys)

I don't tell porkys Pete!! Not many anyway!!

Na its in Shep ;)

Thanks, see Pete I ain't telling porkys!!

Although I think they must have changed the order because I bowled the first junior country cup back in 1995 and it was in Ballarat and the second year was in Shepp. So now I'm guessing it is following the same order as Country Cup, as Warrnambool was the first centre to hold country cup and Shepp was second. Good logic I'm sure lol

hey..
nah it was with latrobe.. when i bowled i left the 1, 2 and 9 pin then the pins hit the gate and came bak and knocked the 1 and 2 over, and the latrobe dude told me that they had to be re-stood because it had come off the gate.. but it had happened earlier in that game to a vally bowler but nothing got said. so they went and got the disputes commity to find out..i got to bowl at just the 9 pin and after that Lisa checked the rule book and found out that they didnt have to be re-stood. also. the small fact that i had won my point no matter what i bowled the 7 or the 9.. and we had lost the overall.. it really didnt make any difference at all.. but yeah i'm quite proud.. i stood up for my ground.. i would have been very angry if they stood it back up concidering the other young girl didnt get her's put back up.!!
kim..
Since we are not going to use names
The girls captain from Ballarat bowled in the 10th frame and left the 1,2& 9 a pin hit the sweep and knocked over the 1&2 pin. I as manager questioned whether it was legal pinfall and suggested that the pins be re-stood. The girls captain said that it had happened earlier to a valley bowler and nothing was said. I personally had not seen this but found out later that the girls captain was correct
The young girl bowled and left the 1,8& 9 a pin came off the sweep and knocked over the 1 pin leaving the 8 & 9
So the question that I have for you as to why you as captain or your manager didn’t challenge this pinfall is
1. You knew that it was legal pinfall as stated in the rule book and confirmed by Lisa later
2. You didn’t challenge the pinfall as it left a 8-9 split which was a considerably harder spare than the 1,8&9 – By the way she did spare the 8-9 split
3. You had no idea
Obviously it wasn’t 1 as you would have stated that rule when I questioned you so that only leaves 2 & 3. If it was 2 and you didn’t challenge the pinfall as it left a harder spare – great sportsmanship shown by you
As you or your manager never questioned the pinfall then have you accepted that the pinfall for that frame was correct.
As we couldn’t agree on an outcome the tournament dispute committee was called over to resolve the situation. Once they were called it was up to them to decide.
As they decided that the pins were legimate pinfall the decision was that your score was 9 and you spared the nine pin. If they had decided that the pins be re-stood then they would have been your score would have been 7 and you would of have to spare the 1,2 &9. The tournament dispute committee decision was final. In the end they made the correct decision as by the TBA rules.
As for the points yes you had won your individual point but if the little boy had struck out in the 10th frame then you would have won the overall but since you had already conceded the overall you obviously had no faith in your teammates ability as a bowler and it is not suprising that your team finished where it did
In closing this is not the sort of information that should be posted in a public forum but if you wish to air your dirty laundry expect a right of reply
PS for your information the young Girls name is Bree and the Latrobe Dudes name is Bryan

Re: Junior Country Cup 2006

Only a commity could make this absurd ruling. A real committee would know the rule saying that the pins had to be re-spotted.

That is a interesting comment by you Wayne. Since I know you are a stickler for rules and following them.

TBA Rule Book.
Rule 108 Pinfall - Legal

1. Pins which are knocked down by another pin or pins rebounding in play from the side partition, rear cushion or sweep bar when it is at rest on the pin deck prior to sweeping dead wood are counted as pins down.

So a small apology may be in order to this Disputes Committee I think.

Rob

Thanks for pointing that out Rob. Maybe I misunderstood the original poster. Sorry for jumping in with bad information.

I've been involved in bowling for over 40 years, as a competitive bowler, pro shop owner, manager, desk person and account executive. In all those years of being in a centre, I have NEVER seen a pin hit the sweep while it was sitting still on the deck.

I guess there's always a first for everything...just as there was for Robert Mushtares three 900 series'

Congrats to Bendigo. A great effort and Well done to Luke and Laura on All Stars. this would have to be the frist time bendigo has win and had all stars
the best befor this was 3 i think in 98 and we could have had a couple of other all star in other year but they did not have it in back in the early day. Congrats Bendigo again
macca :D

Congrats to all jnrs who bowled on the weekend.A big thanks to Sue ,the Centre and Association for a well run event.Also a congrats must go to Gayle Payne for a great dinner oragnised for all on Sunday night.Well done the O& M team on finishing 7th.Also well done Luke,Mat,Alicia and Laura on making All-Stars.Was that with the Ovens and Murry coach? I was unaware I caused any disputes.Cheers Tony:rolleyes:

Congrats to Bendigo. A great effort and Well done to Luke and Laura on All Stars. this would have to be the frist time bendigo has win and had all stars
the best befor this was 3 i think in 98 and we could have had a couple of other all star in other year but they did not have it in back in the early day. Congrats Bendigo again
macca :D

You are right Chris since it started in 1995 Bendigo is only the fourth association to win a junior CCup title

1995-Latrobe
1996-Sunraysia
1997-Latrobe
1998-Shepp
1999-Shepp
2000-Latrobe
2001-Shepp
2002-Latrobe
2003-Larobe
2004-Larobe
2005-Latrobe
2006-Bendigo

I could have the years mucked up but I am sure that Latrobe has 7 wins, Shepp has 3, Sunraysia 1 and Bendigo 1

Was that with the Ovens and Murry coach? I was unaware I caused any disputes.Cheers Tony:rolleyes:

Haha ok, i was told something happened..(from fellow team mate.. who is proberly pulling my chain) :confused:

Sorry.

COUNTRY CUP WAS AWESUMO!!!!! of course shepp was the craziest lol well we cant help it though we just like 2 hav fun...... alot more than others! hahaha anyway yea we came 4th which was a pretty good effort considering none of us had been 2 cup before! so we did alrite! hahahaha lebowski ur a top bloke 2 man i just couldnt bowl my best on the weekend but oh well n it shows coz i got the highest score of the tournament bowled against me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh well congrats 2 matthew chettlegurgh, luke kairn, alicia garioch n luara kairn on makin the all stars side well done guys! lol all the ppl i met were kool as! janelle's awesumo!!!!!!!!! lol yay shepp's got it next year haha paige is right better bring ur ear plugs coz trust me they can darn can scream!!!!! u just cant stop em these days lol anyway hope 2 see a alot of you's at junior sehild! personally im not lookin forward 2 it coz there is a few ppl i just cant stand! but i am lookin forward 2 seeing all of my freinds n meet more ppl so seeya's there!!! toodlez

hey everyone,
just want to say congrats kim!! you bowled well and we'll miss you in the juniors!!
everyone bowled well and the people i met were awesome especially sheppartons nathan and lauren!!
thankyou to warrnambool it was an awesome weekend and warrnambool A bowled really well!!

there was a post earlier about an injured bendigo girl who "fell" thats me... i previously hurt myself bowling in league, i injured my sciatic nerve and havent had it properly seen to but hurt it badly in warrnambool bowling against shepparton. i was prepared to bowl on and heard people insulting my manager for leaving me in, it was my chioce and if i wanted to sit out he would have done so as he was a good manager and knew what he was doing. he got us the results bendigo wanted. alot of people were worried about me too and thankyou for that.

look forward to hopefully seeing some of you at youth cup next month if not then junior sheild!! it'll be great, janelle.

just couldnt bowl my best on the weekend but oh well n it shows coz i got the highest score of the tournament bowled against me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, i bowled my highest game against you to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there was a post earlier about an injured bendigo girl who "fell" thats me... i previously hurt myself bowling in league, i injured my sciatic nerve and havent had it properly seen to but hurt it badly in warrnambool bowling against shepparton. i was prepared to bowl on and heard people insulting my manager for leaving me in, it was my chioce and if i wanted to sit out he would have done so as he was a good manager and knew what he was doing. he got us the results bendigo wanted. alot of people were worried about me too and thankyou for that.

I see, haha i just assumed you had fell :p well done on bowling dispite the injury.
Although i questioned the managers decision to keep you on, on the day. But as you said "if i wanted to sit out he would have done so".

thanks for that Woza sounds about right. dose anyone know what year they they start to have all star teams in this? :cool:

Little Macca I think this is only the 2nd or 3rd year, not 100% but i have been involved with junior country cup for many years. You were a young boy yourself

Well Done to Bendigo
Tournament Favoutites and delivered when it counted 794 last team game to win 6-0 when it was on the line=D>
Well Done to Sue as tournament director and the rest of the saff for a very smoothly run tournament.
Special thanks to Gail for organising the dinner on Sunday night. The look on the barmans face when the kids started chaning was priceless.
Special mention to Shelby who took out the Menu castle building contest despite everyones best efforts to destroy it
To our guys well done and was really proud of what you guys achieved. Yes our run of wins ended on four in a row - somthing that I dont think will be repeated any time soon but the future is looking promising for the Valley with only one kid aging out and the others having 2 - 5 years left in juniors
PS - Hey Wilko could have pre warned me about the love child before you unleashed him;)
PPS - Here the Emerson team is looking for a golf coach;)
Thanks for the wrap up Woza, we had a great weekend, the pub were very happy. It took me until Friday to get my voice back but was worth it. Our team did a great job, I was very proud of them, not bad for a new team, all but 1 bowler never experienced this before

Hi everybody,
well done to warnambool on holding a good tournament, very few hiccups along the way, well done to all the bowlers who had a go, especially all the young ones.
on to the main point of this post, Mathew chettleburgh, Daniel Banham, Chris Verhaar and Jaymin Bentley: Hopefully all 4 of you guys are trying out for pressy shield in 2 weeks time at altona, you are all very capable of pushing to be representing your state so get down there and give it a crack.
Luke Kairn
Thanks for your kind words Luke, you will be missed next year as you are a true gentlemen. Good luck in the seniors.:p

Congrats to all jnrs who bowled on the weekend.A big thanks to Sue ,the Centre and Association for a well run event.Also a congrats must go to Gayle Payne for a great dinner oragnised for all on Sunday night.Well done the O& M team on finishing 7th.Also well done Luke,Mat,Alicia and Laura on making All-Stars.Was that with the Ovens and Murry coach? I was unaware I caused any disputes.Cheers Tony:rolleyes:
Thanks, its good to hear such great feed back, we had a great weekend, I My daughter still has ;) contact with one of your bowlers, guess who

Back
Top Bottom