Emerson Shield 2009

tonx, just because you epping men struggled when you practiced doesn't mean everyone did....just need to adjust

I'll be adjusting the flat left wrist and bent right wrist. I'm also thinking of trialling a one plane swing for a while...

FACT: The condition is too dry to hold up for 5 man teams.

FACT: The condition risks injury, due to the speed required for a competitive bowler to compete on such a dry condition.

FACT: The condition is too dry for the surface we are bowling on.

FACT: Given the slow approaches at Altona, anyone trying to generate speed with their legs risks knee, hip, back and ankle injury.

FACT: I will not be bowling this years Emerson Shield unless the pattern is changed to not leave burn marks on expensive reactive bowling balls, not risk any injuries and not have blatant stupid overreaction. Don't change the pattern, and the next FACT comes into play.

FACT: I am adjusting. I am going to bowl the PBTL masters on the Sunday at Chadstone, where instead of risking injury just before 2 national tournaments, I have a chance to win prizemoney.

FACT: After PBTL masters, I will be playing Golf. My goal there is to shoot consecutive scores under 80 2 weekends in a row.

FACT: Until conditions like this are removed from any competitive environment, better bowlers will continue to be frustrated with the sport when they see their ball cherry pick the 7 pin from the full deck on their first delivery, when straight bowlers piping it at the headpin with either a plastic ball, or an entry level reactive ball don't know any better.

Have fun at Emerson. I'm sorry I will not be attending this year, due to the dangerous conditions that according to Andrea Sparks suggests that we all adjust to. Unless the conditions are changed, please bowlers remember that Greensborough Proshop has a Haus resurfacing machine, which can remove the burn marks that the advertised pattern is likely to leave on your bowling balls. Unfortunately, the machine cannot resurface Anvilane Gen2 lanes that WILL be damaged by the excess friction.

Hopefully these FACTS are enough for the conditions to be changed for the event to be a great success.

If only guys like Tonx had more to do with what gets layed down it'd be a better world(some of these kids do know better funnily enough!!!:p)

now we've all got that off our chests maybe we can get down to enjoying the tournament for what it is and have some fun doing it.. Sorry you won't be there tonx but everyone has the right to free choice and you have made yours.

I'd like to ask all the participating Emerson Bowling Centre proprietors/managers to please show concern for your bowler's health and safety by dropping out of this year's Emerson Cup Finals unless a more suitable oil pattern is laid. Tonx has pretty much nailed it on the head with his post above and those of you who think a bowler should just "adjust" to the condition...think again! There isn't enough oil being laid with the proposed pattern to ensure no one does serious harm to their body in their attempt at overcoming the pattern. The pattern for this tournament WILL cause physical injury to some bowlers. It's not IF someone gets hurt but a matter of HOW MANY.

Please consider your bowler's well being and take a stand.

Curious to know if those with concerns have contacted Karen at Altona or the Tournament Director, Ray Hodge.

Would be nice if they had.

Rob

The pattern for this tournament WILL cause physical injury to some bowlers. It's not IF someone gets hurt but a matter of HOW MANY.

Wayne,

How did you pull up last year after your fall? I know that there were a few people who struggled with the approaches and I was one of them.
But I don't blame the conditions for the slow approaches.

Curious to know if those with concerns have contacted Karen at Altona or the Tournament Director, Ray Hodge.

Would be nice if they had.

Rob

You mean people should give the centre a chance before boycotting the event like Wayne suggested??!!

How dare you think such a thing Rob.

I'd like to ask all the participating Emerson Bowling Centre proprietors/managers to please show concern for your bowler's health and safety by dropping out of this year's Emerson Cup Finals unless a more suitable oil pattern is laid.

Is anyone getting the feeling that wchester has an agenda with Emerson Shield?
Days before the Zone Finals he posts some rubbish about Goldpin ripping off the bowlers entrance money. Now on the eve of the final he's asking people to pull out.

Hmmmm.....

Wayne,

How did you pull up last year after your fall? I know that there were a few people who struggled with the approaches and I was one of them.
But I don't blame the conditions for the slow approaches.

i believe there were at least a handful pf bowlers who fell last year during the Emerson finals. Since my fall at Epping last November I've been able to bowl a grand total of three games. If I were younger by 10+ years, and still competing at the elite level, I would have given some serious thoughts to lodging a claim against the bowling centre for physical damages suffered thru their negligence.

Is anyone getting the feeling that wchester has an agenda with Emerson Shield?
Days before the Zone Finals he posts some rubbish about Goldpin ripping off the bowlers entrance money. Now on the eve of the final he's asking people to pull out.

Hmmmm.....

That "rubbish' as you call it......IS 100% FACTUAL! The numbers are there for all to read.
Perhaps you might lilke to read it again here .... TotalBowling

My only agenda is with anyone and everyone who doesn't give each and every bowler a fair shake.

Back
Top Bottom