Emerson Shield - 2007

Congrats to Shep men and women on winning and also to the bowlers who made the all star teams - well done.

There were superb performances all round.

From a team point of view Shepparton women were brilliant - to win by 18 points is sheer dominance.

Shepparton Men lead all Saturday and got out to a 8.5 point lead by the end of the day. On the way they had a game of 1190. Lost the lead within first two games on Sunday morning but got it back and were 9.5 points clear with a game to go and eventually won by 8.5 points.

Werribee Men - Game 16 - 1282 - low game of 246 -- something like 22 strikes in a row between them -- one of the most amazing things i have seen (I'm just glad we were playing them in Gm 17!)

Cassie 230 average - many superlatives can describe her performance - all well deserved.

To answer Petes question about high games Cassie 279 (and i think she also had a 268) followed by Kelly Jones with a 267.

In the Men's Jason Drake 289, Kevin Wilkins 279, Craig Ryan 279, Matt Edwards 278, Cyril Traykoff 278, Graeme O'Connor 278, Andrew Tonkin 278,

Looking forward to next year already - looks like it might be a different format - probably two zones with top five from each zone...... and no repechage :D

Great bowling by some great bowlers, PLUS I got to see 1 shot of Gary's that had more than 3 revs. It was an impressive sight, and I think his fingers are still burning :D
Really - which frame? -- surely it was only an optical illusion :)

Individual High Games

High Male Game
1st - Jason Drake (Warrnambool) 289
=2nd - Kevin Wiliks (Shepperton) 279
=2nd - Craig Ryan (Werribee) 279

High Female Game
1st - Cassie Staudinger (Werribee) 279
2nd - Kelly Jones (Shepperton) 267
3rd - Cara Fahy (Bendigo) 259

Well done to the Shep ladies. An awesome effort to dominate from start to finish.

Shep men. A pleasure to be part of an awesome effort. When the chips were down, you stepped up. You only faulted when the great man was watching. It took a bit to get your mojo back.

Thanks to all teams for the great sportsmanship. Fun all round.

Well done Cassie. Great to watch.

David

Well done to the Shep ladies. An awesome effort to dominate from start to finish.
Shep men. A pleasure to be part of an awesome effort. When the chips were down, you stepped up. You only faulted when the great man was watching. It took a bit to get your mojo back.
Thanks to all teams for the great sportsmanship. Fun all round.
Well done Cassie. Great to watch.
David

now don't be blaming me :D:D:D i was just a spectator and occasional giver of advice

Wel done to the Shep Men and Ladies - obviously got a better nights sleep on a good bed than they did in Morwell the previous week;)

If I remember rightly it was a young fella from Geelong

buggered if I can think of his name right now

it wasn't any 104 y.o men which was probably a blessing for tonx!!!! not that we wouldn't have enjoyed hanging it on him again :))

ohhhhhhh your so cruel hasey,I was getting at least 10, **** it was hurting the wrist might have to get a wristguard :eek::eek:

Josh yes thats him

Just wanted to say congrats to Sheps mens and womens teams for their wins and Cassie and Tonx on a tourney well played!

Being my first Emerson, I had a brilliant time, and ended up bowling the best I have ever bowled (I think I held a 200.6 avg for day 2!) met some great bowlers and many friendly people and thoroughly enjoyed myself!

Would also personally like to congratulate Eppings mens (go Santa!) and womens teams for putting in a great performance for their first showing. I know some of us were a bit nervous during day one, but think we ironed out most of those kinks by day 2!! heeee.

Look forward to next years tourney!

Tonx lost to Joshua from Geelong in game 12. He finished with 17pts from 18 games and a 220 average.... I was supprised he wasn't waiting for Josh in the carpark afterwards to talk to him about "ruining" his weekend!!!! :D

Of course, it is probably just as well he lost 1 game... gives him something to work on improving for next year :D:D

Sure Kev
you getting 10 revs LMAO, the only way you got a sore hand/wrist is from punching the floor after leaving a single pin (didnt happen much LOL) i suppose there is other possibilities i suppose LMAO.

I would have to congratulate the Shepp Ladies Team on an AWESOME display of bowling.
Congrats to Kelly & Denece on ALL STAR selection.

I would also like to thank my great team mates who combined so well all weekend.
A huge rap for a junior thrown in the deep end at the last minute in NATHAN HEDGES who did a fantastic job whenever asked of him. Has proved he has the ability now just has to harness it and will become a regular in the adult ranks.

Congrats all so to Chris for his ALL STAR selection also.

CONGRATS TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE SHEPPARTON SQUAD
A JOB WELL DONE......

Congrats to Shepp (men and women)

Hopefully next year we (SALE and Surrounds) will get a team back for the finals.!!!

I have one question - each year there is a Super Team of Men and Women, whom do they get to bowl against???

Once again congratulations to all those that bowled over the weekend!!

Jason

Yep, pretty sure it was Josh... 2 x 8 pins, 3 x 9pins and 3 x ringing tens that game, I really need to get some hand. Kevvy, you available for some coaching this week? ;)

ohhhhhhh your so cruel hasey,I was getting at least 10, **** it was hurting the wrist might have to get a wristguard :eek::eek:
Josh yes thats him

that was a bit catty of you kevvy, if he realises you are bagging him, he might come chasing you in the future

and we all know how you like to run from a challenge and how well you perform when it does catch up with you:D

Craig I have a rule,I never bag someone who is bigger then myself anyway haysey's allright he almost let me win on Sunday

And you know m8,I never run from a challenge did'nt you try this vain of thinking before Country Cup in Bendigo :pokey: and look where it got you

Wilkins 1.........Chandler 0 :chair:

I really need to get some hand. Kevvy, you available for some coaching this week?

Its getting bad even Tonx is havin a go now :wedgie:

Gotta Go now Craig I have to change my avatar

Back
Top Bottom