emerson question

craig

i hear that the zone roll offs for the eastern zone will be at colac

does this mean warrnambool will not be in the emerson this year?

if so

can all warrnambool players put into the draft???

craig said:
does this mean warrnambool will not be in the emerson this year?
if so
I'd better learn to start bowling left handed ;)
Surley you mean the Western Zone:D

we still dunno bout the future of our bowl, doesn't look good for staying where it is cos apparently a syndicate of developers has bought it!

whats this draft thingy??

Craig,

Emerson Zone has been shifted to Colac because of the uncertainty surrounding Warrnambool. The current owner could not give any assurances, and because things like accomodation etc need to be organised it was decided to shift to Colac. Warrnambool may be open and may be competing but because nothing was definite it was shifted.

Not sure about the draft, but i would have thought that the only people elligible are those that missed out in their own centre - if your centre does not have a roll off you would not be elligible. W/Bool bowlers (if they don't have a team) may choose to roll off at other centres, but i would not think they would be in the draft as such. (That is just an opinion - i am not sure how it will work out)

GB

Gatsby said:
Not sure about the draft, but i would have thought that the only people elligible are those that missed out in their own centre - if your centre does not have a roll off you would not be elligible. W/Bool bowlers (if they don't have a team) may choose to roll off at other centres, but i would not think they would be in the draft as such. (That is just an opinion - i am not sure how it will work out)
GB
That is my impression of how the draft works - you have to at least participated in a roll off to be eligible. Ie if a w/bool bowler bowled in Colacs roll off then and missed the team then he/she can nominate for the draft. If they do not participate in a roll off then you can not just nominate and unless it has changed all team vacancies all filled by the Goldpin tournamnet comittee.
Is their any stipulation that they have to have a centre to enter a team ie W/bool could field a team but have their roll offs at Colac??

Is it possible Gatsby that with the new bowlers joining your centre, you wil have to start having trials perhaps?

These are the Zones:
Northern:
Mildura
Bendigo
Echuca
Shepparton
Wodonga
Horsham
Western:
Warrnambool
Colac
Geelong
Ballarat
Melton
Werribee
Eastern/Central:
Morwell
Rosebud
Sale
Greensborough
Narre Warren
Mentone

The Tournament is contested by eligible members of the Goldpin Vic group of centres and is conducted over three (3) stages as follows:
1.Individual Centre qualifying
2.Zone or regionla roll off
3.Emerson Shield Final

Ed Fleming Lanes

Carmers

For Emerson we actually do have roll offs (we don't actually have any new bowlers yet - hopefully Warrnambool will stay open or re-open quickly somewhere else. It would be great to have more bowlers in Colac, but it would be sad to see the demise of one of the original country cup centres)

edfleminglanes said:
These are the Zones:
Northern:
Mildura
Bendigo
Echuca
Shepparton
Wodonga
Horsham
Western:
Warrnambool
Colac
Geelong
Ballarat
Melton
Werribee
Eastern/Central:
Morwell
Rosebud
Sale
Greensborough
Narre Warren
Mentone
The Tournament is contested by eligible members of the Goldpin Vic group of centres and is conducted over three (3) stages as follows:
1.Individual Centre qualifying
2.Zone or regionla roll off
3.Emerson Shield Final
Ed Fleming Lanes

Joe

What about EFL? Not competing this year? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom