Emerson Shield 2009

Thanks to Karen and the staff at Altona for a very well run event.

Nice to see that you posted so regularly on Total Bowling as well, maybe some other centres could do the same in similar tournaments.

And now that you're done with your smart ass comments..maybe you can say something about how the centre changed the pattern/amount of oil only after Tonx and I brought attention to what we both felt would be a disasterous event for the bowlers welfare.

Obv/[sarcasm]

condition was great, barely saw a ball go early. The variables to overcome were the differences between lanes 1 and 20 ( common in most centres), the approaches were a little slower Sunday morning (prob due to the moisture in the air and the lanes played a little longer day 2. A perfectly fair and good 5 man team tournament condition.

Obv/[sarcasm]

condition was great, barely saw a ball go early. The variables to overcome were the differences between lanes 1 and 20 ( common in most centres), the approaches were a little slower Sunday morning (prob due to the moisture in the air and the lanes played a little longer day 2. A perfectly fair and good 5 man team tournament condition.

Great post Haysey....

No ambulances required bluey.... the blokes who would require them pulled the heart strings too early.

Wayne,

The pattern/oil volume was not changed, from the original posted pattern.

Mick

I think you better go back and read the entire thread again..there were a couple of posts stating that the pattern was changed from the original one which was posted on this site. My concerns were based on the pattern which was originally posted.

FACT: Everyone seemed to have a great time bowling this year.

FACT: The lefties, straight shooters and back up bowlers didn't dominate as expected

FACT: The approaches were NOT as slow as they were made out to be.

FACT: Karen and the staff at Altona did a top notch job all weekend.

Congratulations go to Mentone mens and Werribee ladies for your respective victories on the weekend.
Have a great festive season and hope to see everyone back again next year.

i had a blast bowling on the weekend but the comment of the weekend has to go to karen cooke . after lunch on day one when she said "hello and welcome to ten pin bowling " like we didnt know why we were there

I think northern is Bendigo and Southern is Bowlarama and final is Narre Warren?
I will confirm with Ray Hodge

its there cos only other options were warrnambool and colac. warrnambool had it last year and not sure about colac. with narre having final the only other choice might have been mentone but then the country people would have 2 trips to melbourne in 4 months not a fair option for them i would have thought.

its there cos only other options were warrnambool and colac. warrnambool had it last year and not sure about colac. with narre having final the only other choice might have been mentone but then the country people would have 2 trips to melbourne in 4 months not a fair option for them i would have thought.
Colac 2006
Warrnambool 2007
Bowlarama 2008
Warrnambool 2009
Bowlarama 2010?

Back
Top Bottom