2011 Emerson Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Mr Bianchi it was me!!
I meant to take it in to the the bowl to make the Shep team cringe in their PINK shirts
But Bummer already done.
Typical Kevvie started well but couldn't get the job done better luck next time!
Did anyone else notice that Kevvie looked like one of the Teletubbies in a pink shirt:eek::eek:
Cheers
Ian Strahan
I missed you HAMMA

Only 1 person would cringe......:mad:
The power to weight ratio is catchin up with kevvy.......:2smiley.php:
He is becoming more and more like a Teletubby every day strahanie........:D
And thanks for missin me strahanie........

Hamma

totally off subject.........but our centre is the most inconsistant and it is the most life draining bowl in victoria...... its worse than echuca......at least theres in consistanly $###......

totally off subject.........but our centre is the most inconsistant and it is the most life draining bowl in victoria...... its worse than echuca......at least theres in consistanly $###......

It's because we bowled good last week so the condition had to change, just a pity when it's changed, it's not done right?!? new techs needed or what? Just ones that no how to do the job properly and not drag up one lane and down on the next!!!!!

I have a question!
1st of all, for anyone that is unaware of why Sunraysia women had to bowl a vacancy score, we had a reserve in our team who has recently moved to Mildura. She joined our singles league from the 1st week she arrived. (our singles is a 4 game league) she qualified for the team under our centers qualifying rules. Unfortunately we didn't read the Goldpin ruling, that a player must bowl 18 games prior to the centers qualifying. Our bowler had bowled only 16 games.
After being made aware of the situation, I as ladies Captain made all team managers aware of the situation, asked if we could waver the rule and allow our bowler to bowl. All but 2 associations were in agreeance. With Goldpin not having a tournament director or anyone for me to contact, I assumed we would need a unanimous vote. We took our bowler out of our team and bowled 3 games with a vacancy (3 games of 150 with no win point)
My question is........ Since the weekend I have learnt of 3 bowlers that bowled the tournament that didn't meet the requirements of Goldpins rules. All 3 bowlers bowled in the same team that was persistent that our bowler could not bowl because it was against the rules!
With Goldpin not having anyone in control........who do I contact to put in a complaint?
This could mean a team being disqualified, and our team playing in the final!

I'd like to add a little bit of what I had also said to all at the managers meeting.
We struggle in a small country town to find bowlers to represent our centre in these events.
Country cup is a major event for our bowlers, and to go away to bowl Emerson is not a major event on our calendar. Don't get me wrong, we try to be competitive. But unfortunately we don't have the depth in our Ladies team as such teams as Werribee or any of the city teams. We are very unlikely to ever win the event. But we try our hardest to be there in the 1 st place. Unfortunately not this year, and unfortunately this will be my last.
Lisa

Pretty disappointing to read that Lisa - I know of one team who fielded at least one bowler who hadn't met the qualifying requirements (and it woudn't surprise me if there were others from this team who hadn't met the requirements either - but I do only know of the one at this stage). However as someone who is unable to compete for the time being (and would like to bowl Emerson once I have recovered from my injury), I thought it would be best to stay away from the issue.

Unfortunately, this team it appears to have made the final (we may in fact be talking about the same team), and I think it is quite unfair that you've had to opt for the vacancy, whilst they haven't. No doubt with three "vacancies" they wouldn't have made the final. You'd like to think that a team who would vote against your proposal because "it's against the rules" would abide by the rules themselves.... but if it is in fact the same team, it's hardly surprising that they didn't.

It's because we bowled good last week so the condition had to change, just a pity when it's changed, it's not done right?!? new techs needed or what? Just ones that no how to do the job properly and not drag up one lane and down on the next!!!!!

I wouldnt be blaming the techs on this one, there are quite a few factors on why the lanes are no good that you proberly havent concidered.
I would be asking why the bowl has to purchase downgrade oil instead of purchasing the proper stuff. It also seems maintenance of parts for the oiling machine are had to come by because its not cost effective to buy the proper parts, instead its up the tech (who isnt qualified mind you) to maintain and fix the machine himself.
I know for a fact that your tech treats that oil machine like his own and he knows what he is doing.

I have a question!
1st of all, for anyone that is unaware of why Sunraysia women had to bowl a vacancy score, we had a reserve in our team who has recently moved to Mildura. She joined our singles league from the 1st week she arrived. (our singles is a 4 game league) she qualified for the team under our centers qualifying rules. Unfortunately we didn't read the Goldpin ruling, that a player must bowl 18 games prior to the centers qualifying. Our bowler had bowled only 16 games.
After being made aware of the situation, I as ladies Captain made all team managers aware of the situation, asked if we could waver the rule and allow our bowler to bowl. All but 2 associations were in agreeance. With Goldpin not having a tournament director or anyone for me to contact, I assumed we would need a unanimous vote. We took our bowler out of our team and bowled 3 games with a vacancy (3 games of 150 with no win point)
My question is........ Since the weekend I have learnt of 3 bowlers that bowled the tournament that didn't meet the requirements of Goldpins rules. All 3 bowlers bowled in the same team that was persistent that our bowler could not bowl because it was against the rules!
With Goldpin not having anyone in control........who do I contact to put in a complaint?

I think 96/98 of the people bowling on the weekend would agree that it wasn't the intention of the rule to disadvantage someone simply because they moved at the wrong time of year for Emerson qualifying. The rule is there so a bowler who lives close to more then one centre can't be coersed into changing home centres (of course Mildura is two and a half hours from Kerang let alone any other centre so I doubt very much we would be in a position to take advantage of any bowler bowling for us when they don't actually bowl for the centre).

The fact that the weak minded sheep got together with the petty, vengful, pigheaded shepherds was disappointing. Especially when there was no consequence for the sheep given they never had a chance to qualify beyond rolloffs this year in the first place.

Unfortunately there is (and has been for years) one set of rules for the majority of bowlers and one for those who think they are above the rest.

This is not a thing that is done by any team. It is being done by individuals who believe they are "above the law".

I have a question!

Live by the sword, die by the sword ..... Name and shame ;-)

I wouldnt be blaming the techs on this one, there are quite a few factors on why the lanes are no good that you proberly havent concidered.
I would be asking why the bowl has to purchase downgrade oil instead of purchasing the proper stuff. It also seems maintenance of parts for the oiling machine are had to come by because its not cost effective to buy the proper parts, instead its up the tech (who isnt qualified mind you) to maintain and fix the machine himself.
I know for a fact that your tech treats that oil machine like his own and he knows what he is doing.

only timmy does pete the other 3 dumb ####s drag lanes before league starts and they go up the odd lane and back down the even lane....and it takes them 4 or 5 times to reset pins its crap.....

oh and petey you guy r not run by scrooges.......we are,they don't give a $### about our centre, as long as money goes into their pockets they don't care.......plus who would want to be centre manager here when it pays crap.......really wish pat was still here.......

hamma

How long has it been since you lived here? you hav'nt bowled here lately so wouldnt know. he may treat it like a baby but you need to consider the other three tools.. i really think rather than taking sides straight up you need to come see for youself.. and just because you can score high there does'nt mean your gunna come here and blow it apart, because you wont.. i promise..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom