2011 Emerson Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long has it been since you lived here? you hav'nt bowled here lately so wouldnt know. he may treat it like a baby but you need to consider the other three tools.. i really think rather than taking sides straight up you need to come see for youself.. and just because you can score high there does'nt mean your gunna come here and blow it apart, because you wont.. i promise..

Chubbs don't hate player. Hate the game. Oh yeah so can't wait to play you in the finals, that's if I'm allowed. Better make sure ive bowled enough games and got a full roadworthy on the knee. Wouldn't want to be a rule breaker as there may be a police blitz that weekend.

Chubbs don't hate player. Hate the game. Oh yeah so can't wait to play you in the finals, that's if I'm allowed. Better make sure ive bowled enough games and got a full roadworthy on the knee. Wouldn't want to be a rule breaker as there may be a police blitz that weekend.

Hahahaha I hope your knee is good to! I'm looking forward to it!!

Pretty disappointing to read that Lisa - I know of one team who fielded at least one bowler who hadn't met the qualifying requirements (and it woudn't surprise me if there were others from this team who hadn't met the requirements either - but I do only know of the one at this stage). However as someone who is unable to compete for the time being (and would like to bowl Emerson once I have recovered from my injury), I thought it would be best to stay away from the issue.

Unfortunately, this team it appears to have made the final (we may in fact be talking about the same team), and I think it is quite unfair that you've had to opt for the vacancy, whilst they haven't. No doubt with three "vacancies" they wouldn't have made the final. You'd like to think that a team who would vote against your proposal because "it's against the rules" would abide by the rules themselves.... but if it is in fact the same team, it's hardly surprising that they didn't.

So if people know about it then why is nothing being done about it? Simple, you lot are all scared of the person(s) doing it and until that changes this **** will go on forever.

Bye Emerson. When a tournament turns into the joke that this has become then it is destined to die.

its a bit hard to police the rules when there is no effective committee to report these things too as lisa said. need to get a Goldpin committee happening first or if there is one in existance let all bowlers in competition aware of the contact numbers. We all know that not all the information is passed through all of the centres all of the time.

How long has it been since you lived here? you hav'nt bowled here lately so wouldnt know. he may treat it like a baby but you need to consider the other three tools.. i really think rather than taking sides straight up you need to come see for youself.. and just because you can score high there does'nt mean your gunna come here and blow it apart, because you wont.. i promise..

Its been a while chubbs, i apologise if i had the blinkers on and was commenting about your post on just one tech, after all you and hamma are correct by saying that there is another 3 people that work at the centre.
As per my last post, there seems to be alot of duck fudging going on just to save a dollar here and there.
Perhaps questions need to be answered by high managment otherwise there will be no bowlers left.

Its been a while chubbs, i apologise if i had the blinkers on and was commenting about your post on just one tech, after all you and hamma are correct by saying that there is another 3 people that work at the centre.
As per my last post, there seems to be alot of duck fudging going on just to save a dollar here and there.
Perhaps questions need to be answered by high managment otherwise there will be no bowlers left.

All good pete, i was very frustrated that's all!! Sorry about saying it like an asshole.. But I will be calling high management up this afternoon. Hopefully we will get it sorted.

Chubba

All good pete, i was very frustrated that's all!! Sorry about saying it like an asshole.. But I will be calling high management up this afternoon. Hopefully we will get it sorted.

Chubba

I know how you feel chubbs, im frustrated and i dont even bowl there. From what ive heard in the past, it needs to be rectified. Its going to get a stage where Shep wont have enough people to fill a side, which will be a shame because us Sunraysia guys just love kickin Shep's a$$ out on the lanes ;)

its a bit hard to police the rules when there is no effective committee to report these things too as lisa said. need to get a Goldpin committee happening first or if there is one in existance let all bowlers in competition aware of the contact numbers. We all know that not all the information is passed through all of the centres all of the time.

I believe the highest authority in Emerson can be contacted (or details of contact available) from Werribee bowl. Has anyone tried?

1. The "police" came from a centre where it was stipulated that the Country Cup trials were also used as the Emerson trials to determine the team.
2. The rules for Emerson state that trials will be held in each centre to determine the team for that centre.

Harmless enough question. Anyone want to confirm/deny those points?

OK, enough is enough. It really annoys me when people go knocking and kicking in the guts when they don't even know the rules.
Quoted from the Emerson Shield Handbook:

"TEAM SELECTION:

Preferred team selection formats:

1. A roll-off to be held over a set number of games with no pre-qualifying. The top seven (7) bowlers on pinfall at the completion of the roll-off in each of the Men’s and Ladies’ Divisions will be the team members to represent the Centre.

2. Qualifying over a set period of time with a roll-off at the end of that period.

3. Qualifying over a set period of time (minimum 4 games) with no roll-off.

Multiple entries are permitted under formats 2 & 3.

NOTE: Centres may vary the above formats to suit their individual needs, however, to protect the integrity of the tournament, it is preferred that a qualifying process be used whenever possible.
It does not say that a centre or Association must hold a SEPARATE roll off, and in SHEPPARTON, we take into account the costs to our bowlers and use a little bit of our brain to save time and money and we combine our Country Cup and Emerson Shield trials. And you can also note that we combine our Junior Country Cup and Junior Shield roll off too.
The thing that really annoys me is the guilty ones are always out there to blame and look for fault in others. Rules are put in place for a reason and if I have broken any rules, please let me know. Just because I was the one who mentioned that Mildura had a bowler named in their team who was not eligible to play, does not make me guilty of anything, except, abiding by the rules. Every tournament you enter has a set of rules to go with it and participants in that tournament are expected to abide by those rules.
If you have a personal ***** with me, please contact me direct and don't get on here making 'indirect' comments about something you know nothing about.

Denece Jones.

Pretty disappointing to read that Lisa - I know of one team who fielded at least one bowler who hadn't met the qualifying requirements (and it woudn't surprise me if there were others from this team who hadn't met the requirements either - but I do only know of the one at this stage). However as someone who is unable to compete for the time being (and would like to bowl Emerson once I have recovered from my injury), I thought it would be best to stay away from the issue.

Unfortunately, this team it appears to have made the final (we may in fact be talking about the same team), and I think it is quite unfair that you've had to opt for the vacancy, whilst they haven't. No doubt with three "vacancies" they wouldn't have made the final. You'd like to think that a team who would vote against your proposal because "it's against the rules" would abide by the rules themselves.... but if it is in fact the same team, it's hardly surprising that they didn't.

If you guys are once again referring to SHEPPARTON, would you please get your facts right. Yes, I did vote against the proposal but I can assure you that our team has abided by the rules. (If you are not referring to Shepparton, maybe you need to pursue this matter with the offending team.)

Denece Jones.

Maybe we are playing for sheep stations or police stations. Oh yeah im pretty sure if you didnt know the bowler and they didnt recently leave shepp that nothing would of been mentioned. **** SHEPPARTON and yes im referring to SHEPPARTON. I still love you Hamma and Kevvy.

Deano

I don't think you quite understand everyone's (the aforementioned 95/97) gripe. It's not with you pointing out we broke the rules, it's the petty and spiteful way you went about it and the sneaky underhandedness of the whole saga. Also the way you rigidly stick by the rules in spite of knowing full well it wasn't the intention of said rule.

1. The "police" came from a centre where it was stipulated that the Country Cup trials were also used as the Emerson trials to determine the team.
2. The rules for Emerson state that trials will be held in each centre to determine the team for that centre.

Harmless enough question. Anyone want to confirm/deny those points?

I dont want to get involved in a slanging match but after getting my integrity questioned re the team we used at emerson i take it very personally when my family is insinuated to be involved so in answer to point 1 yes the country cup trial is used as our roll off,but we also name 3 extra players incase any of the 7 from the roll off cant bowl because of circumstance

Point 2 yes but as Denece has said and quote
NOTE: Centres may vary the above formats to suit their individual needs, however, to protect the integrity of the tournament, it is preferred that a qualifying process be used whenever possible.
your 2 simple questions have been answered

I still luv you to deano

I am really pissed off that this has turned into what it has when a simple phone call to me ,denece or our association would have explained the situation but instead some of you out there decided to make up assumptions and grand standing it on TB,I luv the rivalry we have with Sunraysia but if this is what its coming to I want no further part of it

Kevin Wilkins
Shepparton

So you are saying that it is OK to break the rules as long as you don't get caught?

You have never broke the speed limit in a car before? Im not saying its ok to break the rules but its not as if its the World Championships or anything like that. Are you saying that you know how many games every bowler in every centre in Vic has bowled? NO. If it wasnt a ex Shep bowler you would not of known.

Deano

So you are still saying it is OK to break the rules as long as you don't get caught. Knowing the 'ex Shepp' bowler was not eligible, obviously meant nothing. The fact you got 'caught' has caused all the problems.

Denece.

My original post was not intended to start a slanging match, all I was asking was who I was to contact when there is no Tournament Director as there may have been other teams infringing the rules.
We never intended to CHEAT as some are saying..... The issue was bought to my attention on the Saturday night before the tournament.
I asked permission from all teams, Shepparton and Ballarat refused so our bowler was removed from the team.
Mistake on my behalf is that I did not study the rules in advance, I assumed that bowling our qualifying for our centre was enough. Unfortunately our bowler was 2 games short even though She is a permanent resident of Sunraysia now!

Lisa

PS. End of topic please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom