What will be the membership fee next year TBA?

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
It is now September and still no announcement on next years fees. Over the last 4 weeks I have heard the following:

1 There will be no change in the fees.
2 There will be a $1.50 increase
3 The fee will be $20

All of these refer to the TBA component.

I have no intention of starting another discussion of what should happen as there has been enough input in that area already.
The point I would like to make is that we need to know now what the requirement will be.

Many leagues pay their members registration fees from their end of year prizefund and they need to budget. Associations also need to prepare their members in advance not spring it on them at the last minute.

If there is to be an increase, so be it. But for heavens sake get off your collective bottoms make a decision, and announce it. Thats what you're there for.

Good on you Andrew, most Associations have their AGM around November and one would think that the powers to be at TBA would have set items in place so that at these ASS AGM's they could discuss the following years registrations fees etc.:eek:

What I can not comprehend is why the bowlers in Australia put up with this crap from TBA.:confused:

Maybe it is about time to sweep away all the dead wood and select a new working committee on the TBA:mad:

Joe Tomasinski
Mt Isa Super Bowl

Accreditation fee for Nationally ranked events in 2008 has increased from $200 to $250 - a 25% increase.

There have been discussions on this forum re the inequality of sponsorship in subsidising women's prize funds in combined tournaments - how about the inequality of $250 accreditation cost for stand alone women's events which have approx. 30+ entries? Seniors events have the same sort of problems also with limited sponsorship, and just what do the rankings points mean anyway for the majority of bowlers .... this $250 is quite a substantial amount in the context of these prize funds.

Of course, we should pay - but $250 and not even getting double rankings points !! I have donned my bullet-proof vest !

Flower

Nice comment Mary and very valid, maybe every owner / operator should stop paying these fees and see how quick TBA will come to the party.:rolleyes:
Joe Tomasinski
Mt Isa

I wonder if TBA are doing all they can to increase their existing income streams because they are concerned that if the ASC discovers the present membership levels the government money will be reduced accordingly.
Who wants to prop up a fragmented sport with only a handful of members?

Accreditation fee for Nationally ranked events in 2008 has increased from $200 to $250 - a 25% increase.

Consider yourself lucky, 2007 Darrell Holt Restricted Challenge accreditation fee was $700.00 and this is a non-ranked event for the lower average bowler.

Why does accreditation cost so much?

What ever happen to the days where you use to pay $5 to sanction a tournment.

cheers

Tony

Is it true that the more people that they have on the National Rankings list the more money they get from the government?

Reason why I ask is, there are people on the list that have not picked up a bowling ball for years and are still on the list.

Must be a reason to why these people are still on the list.

P.S It's just a question, so no one take it the wrong way.

I am amazed that the accreditation for the Darrell Holt was $700, a non-ranked event.

Of course I do not know what the fee covers, there might be an extra insurance premium to pay etc. Perhaps the TBA should give an insight into the reason accreditation is costed to this level.

I have run several tournaments: I chase sponsorship, promote and cajole, print, phone, fax and mail...before the event. I would like to know what the $250 fee is for.

Leanne.

I should have elaborated. The $700 Holt accreditation fee covered the nine zone team trials and the final in Perth.

Interestingly enough the Holt Challenge Committee were forced to remove any reference to 'National' and 'Interstate' from the entry forms and yet when it came time to calculate the accreditation fee TBA asked for $50 per zone trial (the same as for other state team trials) and $250.00 for the final which is the same as charged for "NATIONAL and Ranked Tournaments". Most definitely a case of double standards.

Originally the Holt Challenge Committee was quoted $200 for the entire fee but TBA reneged on this deal at the last minute.

I was wondering if ranked events get charged an extra fee when they conduct "Win A Spot" tournaments, such as the current SPC centre tournaments?

I was wondering if ranked events get charged an extra fee when they conduct "Win A Spot" tournaments, such as the current SPC centre tournaments?
I don't think that's the SPC doing that so much is it? I know Bateup's organised a "Win A Spot" here in Canberra, but I think he's organised it himself independently of the SPC as such. He's running a mini tournament that happens to pay the cost of bowling, if you win.

I don't think the TBA can be bothered answering - perhaps if Total Bowling pay $250 to get this site accredited, then maybe.

This time lasy year we awere all asking TBA what the registration fees for 2007 were going to be and no answer until all the leagues had basically gone into their Xmas breaks. And again this year we are faced with the same prospect of telling our league bowlers that we have no idea what the fees for 2008 will be. WHY......because the TBA board can not plan 12 months ahead and have this information out NOW so that all Associations (local & state) can set their annual fees at their AGM this year for next year.
Alex & John Coxon are very quick to point the finger at persons like myself or others for speaking out, but in the end all we want is some communication from TBA and some set agenda for the following year on fees etc.
So why can't they get it right???
If our small local & Sate Associations can do the right thing why can't the National body.
I tell you why because the National body spends too much time overseas and not enough time fixing our own back yard.

Isn't time that we had a NEW board that can communicate with Members of TBA:rolleyes:

Interesting comment from Alex re the Registration fees:

"The TBA Board is currently in the process of finalizing the 2008 membership package for all bowlers. It is a process that we want done right the first time,hence we are crossing our t's etc to ensure we limit any negative feedback from our potential members."

Funny this is exactly what Alex said last year and they still did not get it right. Why did the members not have the right to vote on this at the AGM. At least then all the associations and bowlers would have had plenty of time to prepare before the fees come into place in 2008.

In fact nothing has changed, and it will be interesting to see if the 2008 fees are announced before all league bowlers break for the Xmas period.:confused:

Question; What are the repercussions of not registering?

1. Ineligibility to bowl in sanctioned events

And...

So, what's in it for the average league bowler?

You know, astonoshingly (and quite ironically) I'm not actually sanctioned this year myself - and before anyone asks about the double standard where I've been demanding to see sanction cards at events, I didn't bowl in any of them!

What would be the big deal in increasing the fees? Why waste all this time complaining? I think the TBA is doing a great job with the puny amount of $11 we give them per year...
In all seriousness how much of that does the average league bowler expect to see of that? That should be a new thread... "What does the average league bowler expect for paying $11 on registration?"

My brother played basketball and had to pay a $150 registration fee... everybody that entered the stadium with him had to pay $2. The average basketballer who plays week in week out sees none of that.

The average basketballer who plays week in week out sees none of that.
Actually I think that is incorrect...

The average basketballer sees that in
1. A referee is provided (for a fee I'm sure)
2. A venue is hired (also not free, generally)
3. Management of the 'league' secretarial duties (including stationery)

That's all I can think of up front...

To compare that list to bowling;
1. We don't need a referee, fine
2. We pay the centre every week, about $16 I would guess for your standard 3 game league. 16 x 40 weeks (short league) = $640
3. This varies, in our big cash league the secretary is paid from the prize fund. Something like 10c per bowler per week.

Our $11 does what? I mean I'm not complaining - it's $11, meh. For $150, does your brother play for free every week then, or is there a match fee?

I pay $10 per game roughly to play 3Sport, or indoor soccer on the weekend. That $10 goes to the venue, I can see it used in that I get a referee, facilities, and standings week to week. No worries.

So if we can make it actually appeal to the average bowler, maybe we can bolster our numbers, it is only $11 (well, was only $11)...

Why has the membership dues been determined - That should be asked of all those that attended the AGM in May - why - because under the by-laws of TBA Article 26 Proceedings at General Meetings

26 The business of the annual general meeting will be
a)
b)
h) to fix membership dues
i) general business

it seems that as not many people have seen the minutes for the agm, did this happen.
can anyone enlighten us, if this was discussed and voted on?

I'm available!

Wayne, not one of the best campaign speeches…You will need to work on that one a little more I am afraid…

As for fees yes I am a fan of the user pays system…

Here is one for Go Kart racing on the Gold Coast…

Membership
  • Family (max 4 persons same address) $150.00
  • Senior (17 Years and over) $100.00
  • Junior (under 17 Years) $75.00
  • Associate member $20.00

You also receive stickers for your Kart, Members info booklet, Kart set up booklet (teaches you set ups and race lines and other info) and the best one, an AKA booklet, this colorful book contains everything you need to know about the sport of Karting, from history, Australian and State champions, RULES OF KARTING, and so on…Its about 300 pages of full information regarding Karting…

There is an additional fee of $25.00 club duty levy, this levy is payable when you renew you’re your club membership…The club will provide any member with a voucher to the value of this amount when they work at the club working bee, controlling the grid for a full day at a weekend practice session, or working on race day…

This voucher can be redeemed at the club towards Race day entry or off the following year’s membership or levy…

But you also have an Australian Karting Association (AKA) licence fee for a period of 12 months from application…

Senior
New $210 Renewal $190​
Rookies/Midgets/Juniors
New210 Renewal $190​
Practice Licence
Renewal $180 Upgrade to licence $120​

There are yearly ongoing fees of;
Practice fees

• Members $10.00
  • Members guests (max 3 guests per day per member) $30.00
  • Visitors (from other clubs) $30.00
  • Race Meetings
  • Seniors & Juniors $55.00 (this includes AKA Admin fee)
  • Midgets & Rookies $45.00 (this includes AKA Admin fee)

So to join a club in your first year its $335.00 including your licence…That’s without even purchasing a Kart to run in, spares, trailer and so on…

I think $20.00 for our sport cheapens it…Go to a user pay system, it can be the only way to help move our sport in the right direction…Pay more and give them some of the stuff above mentioned for their membership fees…

Back
Top Bottom