TBA Membership System for 2008

My only real question is:

What's changed between the ATBC days and the current TBAL setup?

I wasn't around in the early days but from a fundamental point of view the change I see is: nothing.

Has the sport gone forward? No
Are the members of the body happier? No
Are participation rates increasing? No
Has media exposure increased? No
Have we become more competitive on the world stage? Yes

Now the question is: what's more important? The top 5-10 bowlers at the top of the tree, or the potential 100 000+ below them?

Nothing has changed Tim, the members are still being ripped off and receive nothing for their membership. But if you speak to June or John the bowlers get pathways to coaching and TBA has opened doors for our Australian coaches to coach overseas. Fantastic, but what does our average league bowler get for paying a registration fee:confused:..Sweet nothings.....:mad:

This is not about mates - it is about bowlers.

If you are happy to give money to people for nothing that is fine, but should all bowlers??? And should Associations representing bowlers, also allow people to hand over money for nothing???

Sure Totalbowling is really not your representative crowd of Joe Average bowler, maybe that is why there have been almost 2,500 views of this thread, and only 40 posts - but when it comes to league bowlers there can be no argument that joe Average makes up the majority of registered bowlers.

If you know a Joe Average bowler why not ask them if they are happy at a fee increase in registration. Our association provides free award chevrons, and various stationery, for the portion of the fee we add to the yearly registration fee - bowlers like to receive something for their money - not discounts off things they will never use, or information about tournaments they can usually find out elsewhere.

VB

Guess I'll have to repeat my question to cruzer.

Does this mean you're happy with the status quo?

Wayne i can only speak for myself here in S.A. but to answer your question...yes.

I believe we have a very competant team here in S.A. that are getting on with the job at hand.

Cheers

Paul K.

Hey Guys,

The reason i posted on here was because i thought it was getting very personal "the attacks on the board",I believe that anybody that stands on a board as a volunteer and spends there own time to try and help a sport should be encouraged not belittled.

Time and effort nowadays is a very valuable thing,Just try and get any help when it comes to bowling committees or Associations....good luck...seems to be the same ppl all the time,so i just felt as if a few were hammering these "VOLUNTEERS" a bit much.

Cheers

Paul K.

Wow has this thread got the tongues wagging and the fingers typing.:)

If this post was started as information being passed on 3 weeks ago and Jase placing it on the forum so the average, and I emphasis average person who just happens to part with so called disposable income enjoying their chosen sport could get the information-"2008 Online Membership System
Online Membership System " then well and good. Thank you Jase.:cool:

But now I see that within 3 weeks we have people with passion responding with their thoughts, warranted or not, thanks to the freedom to post one's opinions, having a bite at each other.:confused:

The original post was about 2008 Online Membership System and the associated costs and benefits etc.
Somewhere in the mix we get some more info dated 4th Oct "it was resolved that the Bowlers registration fee for 2008 will be $12.50 (inc. GST). This will apply to all Bowlers."

My question would be as simple as I can put it:
Was it passed at an AGM that this registration fee be applied to all bowlers, and if so where can one get minutes of this, if not why not.
Many organisations bring to the table propasals for discussion and debate, then offer the results to others for approval and implementation, in this case has this been done?

When things try to get forced through something has to give, what will it be this time?

Regards
Joe

Joe,

I think this is the biggest problem, that being in this secret place 'TBA World' somewhere perceived to be far far away, that things get discussed, and decisions made, and it is only when sometimes these messages (probably sent using smoke signals) whether good or bad are seen by an attentive bowler (usually Jase or his minions), that the message is passed around. This is a comical view but not far from the point...

Unfortunately, before the truth is circulated, rumours or part-truths are posted around or circulated on the "grapevine" and people do not get or hear the complete story, or get upset that them or their organisation was not on the frontline of communications.

It is great to see the TBA fee has been reduced for this coming year, but it would be great if there was a year long consultative approach made, to move forward to a new Membership Database, format, etc.

VB

Alex is not a volunteer, but in a paid position(and far more than most of us would earn) :(and the board should be controlling him.:mad: Sadly that has not happened so regardless if they are volunteers or paid,they should be doing a proper job or stand down. Don't make excuses, Bowling is going backwards and has done so since our much travelled CEO took over.

i have a question & maybe i am misinformed, when i was managing a bowling centre i had to pay a lane registration fee or a fee based on the number of league bowlers in the centre a fee which was negotiable beased on the cicumstances of the the bowl, anyway once this fee was paid in theory every league bowler was a sanctioned member as the centre paid the fees it was then up to the centre to recoup the fees from the bowlers & issue them with a tbal card but technically speaking every league bowler was sanctioned.
the city associations were abolished & all associations became & still are centre based
correct me if i am wrong please
i agree with sydpies bowling is going backwards, i believe the old ATBC board did a much better job eventhough they had their problems but that is another story

Attention All and Sundry!

I hereby declare that the following be true and a by-law of the TBA
And I quote.....

"At each annual general meeting the Chair will advise national voting delegates of the Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited Board decision for the dues to be paid by each ordinary bowler seeking affiliation with the national sporting organization for the next succeeding membership year." This being the 5th By Law of the TBA. (V2.9 13-5-05)

Your BOARD of the TBA - JOHN COXON, JAMES McGINTY, KEVIN BRAWN
, KATHY SMITH, PETER STENING, JOHN SPENCER, ROY MENACHEMSON & KAREN COOKE
have set the Registration fees.

Members should propose a change of the By Laws (to their voting right delegates) to change the By Law to include the setting of the fee by the entire voting membership and not just the BOD of the TBA. Then if you don't agree you speak to your State reps who make up the delegates that change the By Laws!!

If am wrong my apologies.

OK the TBA make the changes to the fee's for the average bowler each year.

Obviously (or not) some of those that have been in the Bowling World of Australia for a while have not kept up their interest of the By Laws or the TBA exeuctive have change the rules and not told anyone.

Suffice to say it can be changed but only by those that have voting rights at the AGM. SO those of you that know the State based reps that have voting rights - Start applying the pressure to say "We 'the average bowler' want more of a say into fee's each year."

So who knows who their VOTING DELEGATES???? I know I dont'!

The interest and desire was still there a little till reading all of this s_ _t, thank you for helping me make my mind up current TBA.

Its interesting to say the least that no one of the old school have come out and say anything.

Obviously or not - those that thinking they know it DO NOT.

Lets change this to those that know the 'average bowler' like me!

Its interesting to say the least that no one of the old school have come out and say anything.
Obviously or not - those that thinking they know it DO NOT.
Lets change this to those that know the 'average bowler' like me!
You might care to clarify that comment.
Exactly who are you referring to when you say old school?

Back
Top Bottom