TBA Membership System for 2008

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Tenpin Bowling Australia Ltd

2008 Online Membership System
Online Membership System
  • Bowlers, Associations and Bowling Centres will be able to access the online membership system to register.
  • When the bowlers go online and select ‘memberships’, they will enter their details and then select which Association they wish to register with, and/or nominate a bowling centre they wish to be aligned with.
  • When an Association or Proprietor goes online to register a bowler they will be given their unique password to do this.
  • Associations and Proprietors will be able to at anytime enter the online system to check details of their own membership base. No other Association will have access to your data, and furthermore as per the privacy act TBA will not forward any of your members details to a third party.
  • Associations and Proprietors will also have access to download members details into excel with a simple click of a button.
  • Proprietors that bulk purchase TBA registration cards will have access to register their players online.
  • All bowlers will receive their own TBA registered players cards.

Benefits of being a Registered Player*

• All registered players (with an email address) will receive notification of TBA National events.
  • All Bowlers will be allocated their own unique membership number that will be used for their life within the bowling industry.
  • League practice rates at participating TBA Sport Registered Bowling Centres.
  • All bowlers will receive their own TBA registered players cards.
  • Exclusive Online access to TBA Coaches Corner.
  • Developing a pathway to have League Bowlers move into tournament play against bowlers of similar averages and abilities, with the introduction of a handicapped tournament circuit. This will also include coaches being able to assist the bowlers with tips and assistance with their equipment.
  • All registered players with a TBA registration card will received a 15% discount each time they book a hire car through Europcar
  • All registered players will receive a 15-20% discount each time they book their accommodation through Quest Apartments.

*Further initiatives are currently being negotiated and will be forward as soon as they are confirmed.

Benefits for Associations:

• Real time access to your association’s database
  • No need to enter bowlers details into a separate database
  • Automatic transfer of the association’s fees to your nominated bank account
  • Instant notification when a bowler registers with your association
  • Decrease in administrative functions
  • Cards sent directly to Registered Bowlers within a 4 week period
  • Bowlers with an email address will automatically receive and temporary membership card
  • Ability to email tournament information to all of your association’s registered players
  • Ability to have your tournament information emailed to all bowlers within a state or nationally.
  • A users handbook will be emailed, or mailed to all associations on how to use the online system
  • TBA will assist those associations without internet access by entering their registered player’s data on their behalf.

The online system being introduced by TBA has an extremely powerful database for marketing purposes, in the hope that associations will now have the ability to reach all bowlers and notify them of tournaments. This will in turn assist in the increase of bowler participation rates.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Registering Players on their behalf
It is of utmost importance when you are registering a player on their behalf that you make sure that all details are correct.

As soon as you have registered a player a number of things will happen:
1. The bowler is immediately notified that they have been registered.
2. The system will automatically generate a password for that player to go online and update their details at any stage and change the password to one of their own choice.
3. The system will automatically notify them that they have a temporary membership card.
4. The bowler’s details will automatically be sent to the membership card manufacturer for production and delivery.
5. The bowler’s card is distributed directly to the bowler’s residential address.

However, if the details are incorrect, then emails will be sent to the wrong recipient, and that recipient will have access to your bowler’s details, and registered players cards to the incorrect residential address.
It will be important to stress also to bowler’s completing membership cards that incorrect details will result in them not being a member

Will TBA be forwarding an FAQ to explain some of those points?
Or can we ask our questions here through this forum?

What a quantum leap forward! Welcome to the 21st Century.

Well done TBA for making a system that can free up local officials time from the new year tedium of card administration. Not to mention freeing up players from chasing up lost card money, as happened to me this year.

That is a huge step forward from TBA. Something tells me though the fees will go up a little bit as it must cost money to set all this up.

Sounds good on paper.
What are the fees & when will they be announced.
Will all league bowlers receive information on the new system.?
Where is monies to be send to State Associations or direct to TBA.?
Is their a discount for bulk purchases of registration cards.?
Who will actually send the cards out TBA or a third party.?

Will leagues be registered regardless if bowlers are registered or not?

What will the AVERAGE league bowler receive for this NEW fee.
Am I correct in assuming that all awards are still on a user pay system.
Joe:cool:

New System = Higher Fees.

Great benefits, but how does TBA expect to protect the Associations from having their members just leave, and register direct on the website to TBA??

Does the TBA expect to allow members to be part of multiple associations??

Let's see if any of these answers are available TBA!?!?!

To all TBA Member Associations
The membership fee for 2008 has been set. The TBA component of the fee to be charged to bowlers is $20-00 inclusive of GST. For reasons of uniformity, the Board has directed that no association may charge more than $10-00 above the TBA allocation to any of its members. All associations are asked to forward their proposed fee to the bowlers to TBA as soon as possible. quoted from the email that the above was attached to.

All sounds good, but what happens when you bowl in two centres. As it was I was paying my first regestered centre the TBA portion plus what extra they charged and then at the other centre I had to pay the sanction less TBA portion. Does this mean I only pay TBA and pay extra at every centre I wish to bowl at or is it the end of centre based associations. Which in turn brings other problums into the story.
I E in my case Country Cup etc, or do TBA supplament Centre based associations.

As Jason Doust said, "Welcome to the 21st Century." This sounds really good. So now we can all register online for our yearly m'ship, pay $20 and bob's your uncle! or your aunty if you're in a strange family :)

This is great. Well done TBA. Finally it seems some good initiatives are coming around.

Hope it continues. Now they just need to sort their accreditation systems out and should be smooth sailing.

Obviously some people have received a communication from TBA with regards to the 2008 model.However would it not have better to send a letter to ALL bowling centres plus ALL Associations State and / or Local and also Post on the several web sites available so that the whole Nation could actually know what is really going with the 2008 registration fees.

Another question, I was under the impression that all fee's need to be ratified at the AGM??? So was this done at the last TBA AGM. If not then why do TBA bother with a constitution if they dont follow their own rules and regulations.

And finally if bowlers do register on line with TBA (great Idea) how do local associations enforce their fees. And why is TBA demanding that local associations can not charge more then $10.00.:confused: Has TBA actually spoken with all these smaller associations and confirmed if they can function on $10.00 per member.

Most smaller associations are involved with several team challenges in both Adults,Juniors and Seniors as well as disabled and all require a lot of Dollars to fund these teams. On top of this a lot of these association hold coaching clinics etc.

It would seem that TBA have now become a dictatorship demanding that Local and State associations restrict their fees to less then $10.00. Yet TBA can demand to collect or increase what they want without even advising where these fees are going.

So the question is still being asked after several years.
WHAT DOES THE AVERAGE BOWLER RECEIVE FOR THEIR MEMBERSHIP FEES.:mad:

How many centres thru-out Australia have received a letter from TBA outlining the new registration process for 2008. In fact how many centres or local association have been notified by TBA that a new model will come into effect for 2008:confused::confused:

at woodville we hadn't formally to my knowledge although i did ring the national body to confirm. personally i think this raise on top of the last one is outrageous, this means fees have nearly tripled in 3 years, from $12 to $30

personally i believe the tba should get of its backside and get the rest of the states membership systems up to scratch and get more members rather than charging more to the ones they have as this raise is likely to lose a good 150 - 200 bowlers at woodville

$11 may not be alot but it's better than nothing

Andrew / Joe,

What would be great to see (and if TBA was serrious they would publish this) is a TBA 5 Year Strategy/Plan.
Many other sports have this, and publish it to the net, and covers the strategy across all levels of their sport.

It would cover things like Participation, Relationships, Playing Success, Business Operations & Administration, Marketing, and Leadership & Management Effectiveness, Sports Development, etc. From what I can tell TBA at both State and National Levels, have not clearly got clear and concise plans in place, and if they do, they fail because they don't propogate and market this plan very well.

Maybe this is a new thread, but it basically is part of the database and fees arguments...

Vaughnn

Andrew / Joe,
What would be great to see (and if TBA was serrious they would publish this) is a TBA 5 Year Strategy/Plan.
Many other sports have this, and publish it to the net, and covers the strategy across all levels of their sport.
It would cover things like Participation, Relationships, Playing Success, Business Operations & Administration, Marketing, and Leadership & Management Effectiveness, Sports Development, etc. From what I can tell TBA at both State and National Levels, have not clearly got clear and concise plans in place, and if they do, they fail because they don't propogate and market this plan very well.
Maybe this is a new thread, but it basically is part of the database and fees arguments...
Vaughnn
I agree with you on this and if our CEO spend more time in Australia instead of travelling World we might not be in this situation. It is about time TBA got serious about fixing the problem in our own back yard.:cool:

I agree with you on this and if our CEO spend more time in Australia instead of travelling World we might not be in this situation. It is about time TBA got serious about fixing the problem in our own back yard.:cool:
Correct me if I'm wrong:
The CEO manages the running of the organisation - but it’s up to the board to direct the CEO as to what his job entails, it seems like the board allows the CEO to travel, as the board must approve all the travel of the CEO. If this has not happened then the board is at fault. I don't believe this to be the case.
One thing that is interesting TBA has offered to answer any questions put to it on this forum, so far very little has come from that quarter.
Would TBA like to explain how the fees were reached as they are supposed to be set at the AGM. and what discount will be given to league practice games. As I'm sure not all centres are aware of this (never know TBA may have spoken to all independent centres, as AMF you only need to speak to one). Or is being left up to the centre to give the same rates only if the card is produced.

But its not just the CEO who spends time overseas. What about the recent coaching trip to NZ?
Was that paid from personal funds or TBA funds?

You probably find that TBA pays - but its recouped from the participants. Just like the level2 course that will be held in Canberra this year.

Back
Top Bottom