TBA Membership System for 2008

Have spoken to several centres and NO one knows anything about a special practice rate. Who authorised the practice rates and what centres are involved.
As for TBA giving approval to the Ceo to travel overseas, is not his main function to oversee the total restructuring of the Tenpin Membership and to increase this membership.Yet since this CEO has been in office our membership has dropped dramatically, I believe this years membership crawled to around 20,000. A far cry from the 100,000 we were led to believe would come on board. In fact our CEO reckoned we would have 30,000 membership from Victoria alone.:rolleyes: That was the Joke of the year.:p
Any multi national organisation would have asked their CEO to resign on the spot if they had lost so many customers and revenue in a 12 month period.
Hence the WHOLE TBA should STAND down and a new Business like group should take over to lead the Tenpin Bowling Industry back to where it belongs in Australia as one of the top participation sports in Australia.:(
Joe T:cool:

Joe...

That's frighteningly familiar to some correspondence I had with Peter Coburn a couple of years ago.
Perhaps, the three of us..(Andrew Shinnie, you and me) should all nominate and upset the applecart.

Nice thought Wayne but elderly dinosaurs like me don't belong on the National Board. They need people with solid experience that can run the organisation as a business.

The present board are probably well meaning in their own way but they lack the business ability to pull bowling out of its present troubles.

They are presently trying to sell the most disastrous and insulting membership package ever seen.
It does absolutely nothing for the vast majority of bowlers and in a lot of cases local Associations are offering benefits far in excess of those offered by the National body.

As for their ideas of an online joining system - well that speaks for itself.
I doubt that any of them ever bothered to talk to a League Secretary or a Local Association Secretary before this package was cobbled together.

As a consequence, if this package goes ahead, 2008 will in all probability see the highest number of unsanctioned leagues ever.

Do we have many registered leagues thru-out Australia.:confused:
And A very good Shinnie why have they not appointed us onto the TBA Board:confused:

But then John Coxon might have to stand down to make room for all of us.:rolleyes:

So bowlers we are into October and still no official confirmation at what the fees will be for our bowlers in 2008. Is TBA going to wait until the Xmas break and hit everyone with increased registration fees in the new year.:confused::confused:

must know the outrage it will invoke at a good number of centres, i can tell you at woodville in sa there are alot of less than happy people that may not register, they seem to have forgotten that $11 per person for some people is a whole lot better than $0 for a whole lot

It would seem that bowlers thru-out the nation are pretty well fed up with TBA Board and the CEO who do not really seem to be interested in the welfare of the average bowler in Australia.

When will the TBA recognise the average bowler and start building some confidence within our bowlers. It must be remembered that league bowlers keep TBA afloat. So why does the board treat our bowlers like 2nd class citizens:confused:

It is time the TBA Board stood down and made way for a new board to take over and look after the AVERAGE bowler thru-out the nation.:mad:

Maybe then we can get back to increasing the membership of the National Association.:D

I firmly believe that every bowler in Australia should get onto this forum and express their views about this situation,regardless if you are for or against TBA. Some action needs to happen and it needs to happen NOW because if we allow TBA to continue on its present course, then there will be no TBA come 2008.

As mentioned before our CEO spends more time overseas working for the WTBA than working in Australia to help increase our membership. It is our registration fees that pay the CEO's salary yet he does very little to earn it.
so what is the solution SACK our present CEO and put someone in place that will work their butt off trying to increase the awareness and membership of Tenpin Bowling Australia.

Also am in the believe that both AMF and the independent owners need to step in(again) and force some of these changes to avoid losing more bowlers within our leagues and centres.

To finish off I heard a whisper yesterday that TBA are having an emergency meeting today as one of the State's have put in a vote of no confidence aginst the current board. It will be interesting to see or hear the outcome of this meeting.Maybe,just maybe there other bowlers and concerned officials who feel that the current board is not doing all that they should be.:cool:

So we have finally received a copy of the Registration vehicle that TBA want to propose to our League bowlers.Makes great reading and on paper most of it sounds a bit far fetched.
But I have a few questions for Alex as it was his name on the document:

1.Are bowlers are able to nominate any Association in Australia to be a member:confused:
2.When will Associations or Owners be briefed on this new concept.
3.How can Associations or owners check on their membership base if bowlers have chosen to be member of an association different from their own centre based.
4.Why would proprietors bulk purchase TBA registration cards if the system is designed for Bowlers to register on Line:confused:
5.Who issues TBA registration Cards, TBA staff or a third party.
6.If a third party, what guarantees are in place that members details are not passed on.
7.Why are only members with e-mail addresses who will receive news about TBA National events. Does that mean members who do not have e-mail addresses will be ignored. (again)
8.What centres are involved with Special practice rates and what will the rate be set at:confused: In other words if MT Isa have a rate of $3.00 will AMF and all the other independent centre give our bowlers the same rate.
9.When will TBA official talk to all the owners and centre operators about a special practice rate.
10.How will TBA develop a pathway from League bowling to tournament bowling. Is TBA going to establish a Graded circuit and if so what states will they be held at.How will they fit the events into an already over crowded calendar.
11.Are the current discounts confirmed with TBA partners such as Quest / Europcar.
12.How will the smaller association survive if all bowlers use the online registration system.
13.Is it TBA's new policy to do away with all smaller associations and just have one Major Association running Tenpin Bowling in Australia.
14. What happens if the smaller association can not survive, which could see the demise of annual events such as Country Cups, Inter City Challenges. East Coast Challenge.
15.At present the current smaller association provide awards,championships, Association Tournaments and provide excellent services to league within their area.Most currently charge more than $10.00 which is allowed under the NEW TBA concept.That would make it very hard for some of them to survive.
16.Cards will be sent directly to bowlers, Which will make a lot more work for centres as now they will have to ask every bowler every week for their registration number to make sure that they have actually paid.Yet more work for our front counter staff.
17.TBA will assist association, find this gard to believe as you can never get answer from TBA NOW so why would this change under the new system.Unless TBA are going to employ more staff.
18.If association want to charge more than the $10.00 how will TBA react.
Will they put a blanket ban on those association. Would this be constitutional.
19.Is setting these new registration fees legal.
20.Are new fees not supposed to be set at the previous AGM. I dont recall anything being mentioned in the minutes from the last couple of AGM's to suggest a new fee had been set by the members. If that is the case why is this proposal going ahead at all.

For all those Legal heads out there, how legal will these new registration fees be and can they be challenged under Corporate Law.:confused:

This could be the "Start of the end" for a lot of our smaller associations thru-out Australia.
Larger association like CTBAM or MTBA in Victoria will suffer and it will have a big effect on our leagues. In Victoria these associations give out FREE awards and cash prizes for high scores. Will TBA do the same for our members.(I dont think so)
For all those East Coast Bowlers this might be the last East Coast Challenge as these various associations may not be alive this time next year.

All bowlers should think about this we need to support our smaller associations who have bee the back bone of our Industry for nearly 1/2 a century. Can TBA honestly say that they can match anything our smaller association have done or will do in the future.(I say NO)
Remember it is the smaller associations who attend league meeting to resolve disputes etc. They also run championships,run country cup trials,run other tournaments which keep all our smaller centres active and alive and kicking, they also do a lot of fund raising to help their travelling teams.Which they need to offset some of the membership fees which are direct towards these events.
If these associations are lost to our Bowlers, will TBA attend league meetings, will TBA answer or resolve problems via e-mail or telephone. Will TBA run these small championships or help organise trials and fund raising.(NO they will not)

We need these smaller associations as long as they are affliated with TBA, but they should not be told what fees they can set for their own areas. Each area has different needs and one association might get away with charging$7.50 where as another might have to charge $15.00 as some do already.
And believe it or not these associations have AGM's where their members vote on registration fees for the following year.(something TBA does not adhere too)

So what does the average bowler get:confused:

I am just amazed how little fight we are putting up with TBA in regards to this new proposal. It is not all milk and honey and will have some drastic effects in the next 12-18 months.
Joe Tomasinski

Andrew,
You could have asked the question at anytime to Alex or myself. TBA was asked to assist the NZ NSO to set up the coaching pathway and processes and run courses to get the coaches in NZ in a position to take over. Cheryl Munson and I were asked by Alex to do this in conjunction with Graham Parkins who is the Coaching Manager in NZ. TBNZ paid all of the expenses not TBA and we were hosted by that organisation staying in their homes at their expense. TBNZ now have coaches who can run their own courses and a coaching stream that mirrors ours which was welcomed by their ASC equivalent SPARC. You only have to look at their recent Seniors results to know that both coaches and athletes have picked up the ball and run with it.
I must say that being with bowlers and coaches who are equally as passionate about our sport was certainly motivating and exciting.

June Voukolos

Isn't that the whole point?
If there were some sort of communication with the members I shouldn't have had to ask the question in the first place..

MEDIA RELEASE:

To all Fellow Tenpin Bowlers,

After a Meeting of the Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited Board on 4th October, 2007, it was resolved that the Bowlers registration fee for 2008 will be $12.50 (inc. GST). This will apply to all Bowlers.

We will be using the current card registration system in 2008, and the online registration system will be trialed in a few centres during the 2008 period with the view to introduce it in 2009.

As we are currently conducting the Australian Adult National Championships, members of the Board will not be readily available to answer calls immediately, however if you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact us via email.

We look forward to working closely with all stakeholders.

Yours in Bowling

The Board Members
Tenpin Bowling Australia Ltd

SOME MEDIA RELEASE...I HAD TO RECIEVE IT THIRD HAND...TYPICAL

Very Interesting memo. I bet not too many centres or Associations have received a communication from TBA Board or Alex.

Why can't Alex or TBA Board communicate with Centres and Association, why do we always get NEWS third hand. What is wrong with these guys.:mad:

The sooner these volunteers resign and let some porfessional people take over the better the industry will be.

Very Interesting memo. I bet not too many centres or Associations have received a communication from TBA Board or Alex.
Why can't Alex or TBA Board communicate with Centres and Association, why do we always get NEWS third hand. What is wrong with these guys.:mad:
The sooner these volunteers resign and let some porfessional people take over the better the industry will be.

Hi Joe, sounds like a great idea how exactly do you get professionals to commit the required time and effort for free?

they weren't forced to go on the tba board they chose to, so if they did they should perform their duties in a professional manner

I would disagree the communication is neccessarily a board problem.

How many TBA State Managers knew this Information, and disseminated it in a prompt manner??
How about a review of the Communication System between TBA National, to TBA State, and TBA National through to Associations, and subsequently bowlers?? If this was improved, I am sure there would be a greater improvement in the relationship to TBA without any immediate change of personnel - and then you could really measure the performance of TBA.

Maybe a whole different thread...

That is the whole problem Vaughnn, TBA or should I say Alex has appointed these State Managers and as we know the last few years Alex has not done a very good job on a national basis so how could you expect the State Managers to perform if they do not have the proper leadership. Alex has always had a problem with communicating with the various states and or Managers. The sooner he is replaced the better. And the sooner the TBA board resigns even better as they have let Alex get away with doing absolute nothing for nearly 5 years.:rolleyes:
Try this question on the board: How many times has Alex submitted a written report on what he has achieved in the previous months??? I bet the answer would be Zilch. So can can the board justify keeping him on when they do not really know what he is actually doing for his PAID position.:mad:

Hey Joe,

GEEZ Mate you DRIBBLE some S..T

All you do is "SPECULATE", and post a lot of "i bet ya's".

Mate if you have a problem with "ALEX" or the Board,when the elections come up,be a man and put your name forward if you think that you can do a better job....and that goes for your two mates as well.

Cheers

Paul K.

Mate if you have a problem with "ALEX" or the Board,when the elections come up,be a man and put your name forward if you think that you can do a better job....and that goes for your two mates as well.
Cheers
Paul K.

Does this mean you're HAPPY with the status quo?

Back
Top Bottom