New membership requirement

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
I just noticed the announcement on the TBA website explaining the registration options.
Finally commonsense has prevailed and the Board have agreed to return to a full membership structure.(Which some of us have been harping on about for some years now.)
Good move Peter.
However one small item in that announcement is interesting and I quote,
--------------------------------------------------------------------
During 2006 TBA representatives will be checking TBA Registered Player Cards of those participating in Nationally Ranked Events, State and National Championships and any TBA Accredited Event. Cards may only be acquired from your home centre.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
How on earth can this be policed?
And why is it a requirement?

Interesting. I am wondering the defination of "home" centre? Which centre would that be if you bowled league in more than one? Would this mean a person who moved after registering would need to re- register?

Home centre would be regarded as the one in which your registration was paid and processed. You can choose which one you pay at- the TBA only needs to verify that a membership has been taken out.

If it is a membership via an affiliated body (eg; MTBA or CTBAM in Vic) then the membership card would state the League name and Centre when they issue it.

Hope this helps and doesn't add to any confusion,

Edi

as far as i have been told in the past its which ever centre you bowl league at first that year and fill out there sanctioning sheet. That is then your "home Centre". I know in the past 3 years i have had ipswich chermside chermsice..

Or are they gonna bring in a rule that you have to nominate a centre as your home centre and all cards have to come from then. If that is the case it makes it a pain in the BEHIND

Werribee said:
Home centre would be regarded as the one in which your registration was paid and processed. You can choose which one you pay at- the TBA only needs to verify that a membership has been taken out.

Well i know i have never paid for my membership. centres have paid it so i have never had the choice of which centre.

So what happens when you don't bowl league. I paid for my membership last year and never saw my card. I don't see why you can't go direct and pay for it that way.

There are a few bowlers that don't bowl league and still bowl tournaments. You have to flexible in todays environment to cater for everyone. This year I paid at the first centre I bowled in I knew I would be coming back to soon. Hopefully I'll see the card this year.

If you don't bowl league you would just buy a TBA membership at an registered centre- any one would do and it wouldn't be a problem at all. If you don't get a card you would need to talk to that particular centre manager.

The TBA wants to go to a membership based organisation- as every other sport and recreation does at the moment. This also ensures that they know exactly how many members they have (and possibly increase their level of ASC funding) and other reasons.

Edi

Back
Top Bottom