2011 State Team Membership requirements

bm2

I'm still standin'
Hi all

With 2010 TBA memberships due to run out next month, and bowlers preparing to pay for their 2011 members, I just wanted to advise all Queensland bowlers who are considering being a part of the Queensland teams for Restricted Senior and Rachuig in 2011, that as per the press release attached, it is a TBA requirement that you hold SILVER memberships in order to be a part of the State sides.

PRESS RELEASE

2011 TBA Membership & Tournament Accreditation Products and Pricing
The Board and Management team of Tenpin Bowling Australia Ltd (TBA) is delighted to announce its 2011 Membership Program. One of the significant changes is the introduction of a junior membership.
2011 Membership Prices
League Membership $29:50
Concession League Membership $24:50
Junior Membership $16.50
Membership Benefits:
 Membership card, with a lifetime membership number associated with continuous membership
 Discounted practice-game rates for members at all TBA registered bowling centres *conditions apply
 A comprehensive accident and injury insurance scheme for all TBA members
 A bi-monthly newsletter from Tenpin Bowling Australia Ltd, distributed by email and available on the TBA website
 Award recognition via TBA certificates in centre and recognition of high performance awards such as: 300 Game award (Plaque Once per lifetime);
 Access to Accor’s “Away On Business’ Plan which provides up to a10% discount on the best unrestricted rate of the day for all TBA members
 Europcar’s fixed discounted Car, Commercial vehicle and Truck rates with lower damage liability fees 365 days of the year for personal and business usage Australia wide
*TBA members will receive the centre League Practice Rate and therefore prices will vary. Other conditions may apply. Please contact centre for additional conditions.
Silver Membership $62.50
Concession Silver Membership $57.50
TBA Silver level membership will now be compulsory for:
 All State team representatives at TBA National Championships from 1st January 2011 (Please note silver membership is not compulsory for TBA National Disabilities team representatives)
 All bowlers who wish to be ranked in the open, adult female, youth or senior divisions

Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited
Phone: (07) 32624455
[email protected] www.tenpin.org.au
TENPIN BOWLING AUSTRALIA LIMITED

whilst this requirement is not new for Rachuig participants, it is for Senior and Restricted bowlers, so please keep this in mind when renewing your memberships in the coming weeks!

Hi bm2

I paid the silver concession which price of $59.75 instead of $57.50. Why add another $2.25???

Also theres Afarura Games in Darwin coming up in May next year. I wanted to play for the tenpin event there in youth and open events. But they asked me to join the Qld team. However in that case, i dont know anyone in team. Either nor contact and met before.

Yea just noticed that buddy.

I think the silver membership is forcing people to spend more money on TBA to increase services and support.

Bronni
Can you check with TBA please..Ive just been told by TBA office that Restricted team reps as well as Disabilities reps do not require Silver Membership...Apparently the press release has to be ammended

Thanks

Well Dennis

I have been told what you have been told - but unfortunately I cannot find anything on the TBA website other than the press release that I initially copied and placed here. Once it has been officially updated, then I will repost.

Hi Den,

Yes you are correct TBA have changed the announcement. I was in the Office when Broni Sourced the original information that was posted only to be contacted by a bowler who had run TBA direct.. this is just one of those things... **** Happens... ON contacting TBA Broni was informed that it had changed back again.

On A personal Note... I would Encourage all Restricted Bowlers to seriously think about the silver membership. You are the next wave of Players.. Join at Silver Utilize the services that are provided by TBAQ and TBA do increase your skills and Abilities..

Morty

TBA have since updated their policy (18 November) and changed THEIR requirement for Restricted team bowlers to have silver membership.

HOWEVER - in saying that, TBA have advised that individual states are free to impose membership requirements on all their State Team representatives however they see fit.

The 2011 Restricted Challenge teams from Queensland will be required to attend specific State Development Squad weekends (in both ends of the State) as part of their team obligations, and silver membership is a requirement of those training weekends. These training weekends are a great insight into training methods, equipment and bowler progression - and the entire concept of the Restricted competition was to foster the advancement of the lower average bowler to the open ranks, rather than just keep a select group of bowlers in the one grade for all time.

The Queensland Adult committee, with the backing of the TBAQ board, have decided that ALL Queensland bowlers (NOT including Disabilities bowlers), regardless of which State Team they will be competing in, will be required to have Silver membership from 2011, and these memberships will be checked prior to acceptance of nominations for the 2011 State Teams.

Back
Top Bottom