STATE Membership fee Announcement for 2008

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Registration Fees for 2008​

Queensland Bowlers and Associations are advised that the National Sporting Organisation TBA, has now revised its initial requirement of a $20 Bowler registration fee for 2008.

The new basic fee structure for Queensland Bowlers will now be $15.00

The $15 fee will be allocated as follows:

$12.50 will go to Tenpin Bowling Australia, and $2.50 will go to Queensland State Administration.

This is the first time a State charge has been implemented in Queensland and the income from this will be applied to the part time employment of a State Membership Development Officer.

Membership numbers play a vital part in the retention of Queensland State Government financial support, and the Board of TBAQ feel that as the Parent body, TBA, are at this stage unable to generate sufficient increase in membership numbers in this State, further Queensland Government support may be placed in jeopardy if positive steps are not taken to increase the membership numbers within the State.

Tenpin Bowling is to our knowledge the only Sport that does not provide any financial support to its State Branches from its National Body.

The registration process will remain the same, bowlers may renew their membership through their League Secretary who will, as previously, forward the registration applications to the Area Secretary and from there on to the TBAQ office.

Local Associations will add their own local charges where applicable.

Good to see TBAQ taking forward steps, but it just highlights how ineffective TBA is. How long until it collapses again?

I think this is great for both Tenpin Bowling in Qld and TBAQ for 2008 and beyond. It shows that if TBA can’t increase the membership then Qld as a state are prepared to step up do it themselves. Will the other associations now add there bit on top of that??

Looks like Jason business skills on the board is starting to show dividens allready. I personally would of went $20 dollars and introduced the awards again and get back to where you actually could achieve things and be rewarded for it.

I think this is great for both Tenpin Bowling in Qld and TBAQ for 2008 and beyond. It shows that if TBA can’t increase the membership then Qld as a state are prepared to step up do it themselves. Will the other associations now add there bit on top of that??
Looks like Jason business skills on the board is starting to show dividens allready. I personally would of went $20 dollars and introduced the awards again and get back to where you actually could achieve things and be rewarded for it.
i agree hammer i would gladly pay 20 or 25 bucks if i know it went towards offsetting the cost our state representives have to pay when they compete in events like rachuig, national youth and national seniors

Back
Top Bottom