TBA Introduces Passing Tax!

Jase

Admin
Staff member
The TBA has abolished traditional Tournament Entry fees and replaced them with a new “passing tax” system.

The principle of the new system is that bowlers will be charged $50 for each and every bowler they pass in any TBA sanctioned Tournament. The flip side is that bowlers will earn $25 every time a competitor passes them. The difference between what the Better Bowlers pay and what the Fringe Bowlers earn goes to the promoting centre in lieu of a tournament entry fee.

“We’ve done the budgets, we’ve done the feasibility study. It’s a good thing” an TBA representative informed TotalBowling.

”The fact a bowler can win a Tournament means they have spare cash” the TBA rep added. “We want to take some of that cash and give it to the Tail End Charlies to help make them more competitive (new Bowling Balls, Coaching Fees). This system makes perfect sense.”

The scheme is linked in with the new online registration system. The TBA joining fees will be hiked by a few hundred dollars so that bowlers have a bank of credit in their account should they start winning Tournaments. The money the ‘losing’ players earn will be credited back to their account. “Hey, the really bad bowlers might even get to bowl for a net spend of zero dollars” the TBA rep enthused.

The TBA simply decided to make the new rule as of today. An addendum is expected to be issued within hours to make the new system official. This means all Tournaments this weekend will be run under the new rules.

Competitors who have already paid an entry fee will have this credited to their accounts.

“Effectively, the good bowlers pay a 'success tax' while the less competitive ones receive a bit of welfare after having a bad day/weekend on the lanes.

In the current economic climate, that's gotta be a winner.”

Other governing bodies are said to be looking at introducing such a tax in the near future, although the PBA are reluctant to introduce it just yet...

hmmmmmm sounds both good and bad....................why can't they have just left it how it was....Simple and made sense.

And most of all this will encourage sandbagging. I wouldn't think that a high end bowler would want to pay money everytime they "pass" a bowler. Althought it benefits the lower end bowler, This is complete and utter nonsense. Now I'm not the best bowler in the world or in NSW or in my centre, but a tournament where everyone is equal would have made me strive to be better. Why should i subsidise someone who is well for a lack of a world "crap". Its like saying to a track runner "oh you win gold but you have to pay everyone in the field $100 coz they lost. Doesn't make sense. Bowling is an expensive sport already (cost of balls, shoes as the US dollar determines prices) i wonder how many people would back this...........i wouldn't.

Yeah, a better statement would have been, TBA decides to fix everything up in regards to bowling in this country. But then people would have caught on a lot quicker

Why not. Makes perfect sense when manufaturers design their bowling balls and centres oil their lanes on the same basis. (i.e. The super traction monster on the 10-10 block where you can eat off 9 board.)

Punish the élites! Hammer in the nails that stand out!

Viva mediocrity!

“We’ve done the budgets, we’ve done the feasibility study. It’s a good thing” an TBA representative informed TotalBowling.

Yeah this was the dead give away...No One at TBA would want to inform Total Bowling of anything...The rest of it i think was quite believable...;)

Happy April fools day everyone...:D:D

Maybe they should introduce a tax for left handers that put less than 5 revolutions on a delivery?

Nice one Jase!

Back
Top Bottom