What will be the membership fee next year TBA?

I yes to race go-karts many years ago and by comparison bowling is a cheap sport.

Jase you left out the cost of engine rebuilds which for a reed engine was $400 every 4 or 5 race meettings.

The whole process of our sport is in need of a review.

The number of registrations are not representative of the number of bowlers.

To encourage participation is the ground work that needs to be addressed: structured tier for fees, sport series, ranked tournaments, national training squads, coach and manager courses, etc etc - all hinge on participaton.

And this is a sport where playing fields (lanes) are owned and operated by enterprise. The relationship between the owners and sport association needs to be professional and co-operative, with a strong coaching base that is recognised and promoted in centres, and some training cirriculum that is widely accepted.

Not too many problems...it is sad, and I just feel that it has gone too far into the negative - it might require a complete overhaul to survive.

Leanne,

Yes this sport probably does need an overhaul.

Maybe a similar rule to what the americans have for their president, where terms of serving at board level have a capped maximum term. This would keep new ideas flowing.

I would disagree that fees be increased - increase fees, and you lose a number of the average joe bowler - or you cause a major fragmentation in bowling, with your more serious / tournament bowlers in one group, and your "hobby" (no offense intended) bowler in the other - these are the bowlers who contribute the fee every year and get really nothing.

Jase, as I understand TBA are meant to be working closer with this site, and I also know a number of other "official" people peruse this site, cannot believe so many days, and no answer from any of them. Andrew I am sure only started this thread because he "heard" something.

VB

Since this thread started I have also been party to the following information.

The TBA Board is currently in the process of finalizing the 2008 membership package for all bowlers. It is a process that we want done right the first time, hence we are crossing our t’s etc to ensure we limit any negative feedback from our potential members. It would not be good enough just to announce a price per bowler, we also want to incorporate a membership package that would ensure bowlers see a benefit of being part of our system.

Andrew,

There is some very interesting components that make up that paragraph!!

In time we will all see what transpires.

VB

26 The business of the annual general meeting will be
a)
b)
h) to fix membership dues
i) general business
it seems that not many people have seen the minutes for the agm, did this happen.

Its all well and good that TBA have/has released that statement, but it does not really answer the main question
Who sets the fees - the AGM or the board. My understanding of the way AGM's are run, it (the fees) should already be set. Or was it deferred to the wisdom of a few!

From a letter sent to all associations
Cost of membership (the part that goes to TBA) $20 and associations are not to charge any more than $10.00 on top (therefore Max.$30.00 if associations wish to charge the full gap).
from reading the letter there are some real benefits, but to the once a week player - not sure if most will pay it - time will tell.

It would be nice if "ALL" the bowlers could be told what the fees are going.
It is always a big secret and then TBA get upset because the bowlers have their say.:confused:

How many Associations have received this notification. I know we at Mt Isa have received nothing.
And while on the subject registration fees paid by the bowlers from Mt Isa several months ago (before I took over) have as yet not received their registration cards.E-mail send to TBA several weeks ago has not been answered.Just another case of the average League bowler paying and getting nothing back in return. In this case not even a registration card:confused:

Getting back on to the TBA Accreditation fee bandwagon, it appears that a $700 accreditation fee only gets the event a link to the live scores and results of an event for 24 hours before it's removed from the TBA website.

Since the event that I refer caters for bowlers that contribute around 90% of the TBA membership income I am astounded in this attitude. If anything, for this type of fee bundled with the amount of registered player contributions these same bowlers fork out surely a zero cost link still shows some sort of support for these lower average bowlers.

I'm sure this topic will be discussed at the upcoming event's AGM and a decision made whether in fact the competititors are happy (or otherwise) to continue on in this manner.

After all its all about participation and if these fees restrict participation then its definitely not a good thing.

How many Associations have received this notification.
Possibly none yet, as the email was sent to all State Managers. the state managers inturn should send it out to all state associations. Give credit where credit is due our state manager, Drew, sent it out to all our associations. That is why we have been informed. It may be advisable for all associations to check with their state managers. So the information can be spread to all bowlers.
Colin

Thanks the TBAQ who have answered my post on registration cards and issued cards for all the bowlers at MT Isa. Thanks to kelly for a quick response, much appreciated.
Joe:cool:

It is not up to the Associations and centre to make enquries with the State Manager, but instead the State managers should be keeping everyone informed of the current situation. Most centres have internet so the cost of informing everyone would be very minimal. Is this not why Alex has appointed these State Manager to pass on all information that Alex releases from TBA office. And is it not the the State Managers position to keep the average league bowler informed of all communication from TBA:confused:
Joe

Back
Top Bottom