RACHUIG 2006

ive had a read of the entry form and it looks good for a big turn out this year. $50 for 10 games (trial 1) is pretty good even if you only wanted some practice.

ive had a read of the entry form and it looks good for a big turn out this year. $50 for 10 games (trial 1) is pretty good even if you only wanted some practice

Practice:confused: it's the main event.:D

Gary............................:cool:

I don't think anyway one would be using it as practice as gary said it's one of the big main events in Vic this is the Oppurtunity to bowl for your state if you cut to the top 16 does anyone know of a full list of bowlers if so could you please post it.
Chris
Not long Now.

crazzzed said:
ive had a read of the entry form and it looks good for a big turn out this year. $50 for 10 games (trial 1) is pretty good even if you only wanted some practice.

I think What crazzzed is getting at with his post is that some people may think they aren't quite at the top level to represnt their state but will still trial in the 'off' chance they bowl well enough to make the top 16. If they don't then it's good 'practice' and 'experiance' on what i would think would be a tough condition.

Crazzzed correct me if I am wrong please

thats correct. sorry the word 'practice' was probably the wrong term to use. i wasnt trying to put it down or lower the prestige of the tournament at all.

there are so many bowlers out there that dont feel they can compete. however with a cheap entry fee its gives those bowlers the chance to try. hopefully finding that they enjoy it, they can compete and improve their confidence in tournaments. thus over time increasing the numbers in future tournaments because as we know the pressures are completely different to league and house tournaments.

i think its a good thing to encourage more entries. the more that turn out the better chance we have of building victorian bowling up.

hope that is alittle clearer now.

Its alright Brett, most of us knew what you meant.:)

This is a great chance for all bowlers to have a go. 10 games for $50, is great value. If you dont feel you are good enough, have a go anyway. It allows you to see where you are in comparisson to those who do make the cut.

Also will give you a chance to see what you need to improve over the next 12 months, before the next roll offs.

As after all Victoria has the National Championships in '07. That means Rachuig, De Veer & Seniors, are all here, at Altona.

A question to those who have previously tried out...

I assume 10 games in a team format spells a long day ahead. Can someone shed some light on roughly how long the 1st qualifying session can go for? 8 hours? Thanks!

This will depend on entries received but you can bet that you will bowl in either a 4 or 5 person format working on 45 -60 minutes per game. :cool:

it will take the whole day cause they will be re-oiling after 5 games to have lunch break. Not long now under 2 weeks left.

Chris

Take 2;)
Once again just trying to assemble a list.
Please feel free to add or remove yourself.
Sorry if I have forgotten someone, because I surely will have.
Women
  1. Lisa Garioch
  2. Narelle Baker
  3. Nat Shelley
  4. Cheryl Langlands ??
  5. Cindy Kerrison
  6. Kim Lobb
  7. Jenny Camilleri
  8. Mary Dodds
  9. Jess Ryan
  10. Ingrid Coburn
  11. Cassie Staudinger ??
  12. Amanda De Lange ??
  13. Emily Robertson
  14. Carly Allen ??
  15. Tanya Steele
  16. Tracey Madden
Men
  1. Mac Stewart
  2. Paul Trotter
  3. Dave Andrews
  4. Lance Dyer
  5. Mark Dodds
  6. Rodney Kerrison
  7. Glen Loader
  8. Chris Castle
  9. Chris McKenzie
  10. Brett George
  11. Gary (from Knox)
  12. John Constantini ??
  13. Barry Dodds
  14. Joel Lovegrove
  15. Matt O'brien
  16. Chris Mesagno
  17. Paul Rues
  18. Andrew Thorpe ??
  19. Adam Hayes ??
  20. Craig Chandler
  21. Grant Eadie
  22. Rob Garioch
  23. Paul Kerr
  24. Kevin Wilkins
  25. Chris Hamilton
  26. Paul Campbell
  27. Andrew Carmichael
  28. David Carmichael
  29. Rick De Lange
Aslo Denece Jones MUST recieve your enty by end of work today (20/03/06).
Late entries WILL NOT be accepted.
Please Fax entries to Shepparton Star Bowl, Attn. Denece Jones 58311854
Rob

Only 3 days left now looks like a good field for the Men of 29 bowlers maybe more maybe less depends how many show up but still good to see a good turn out.
Good Luck to Everyone That Bowls on the weekend.

Chris

theres this skinny lil man from out west that tells me he's having a crack.

times are a changing

welcome back mr WAY