rachuig 2005

yep thats exactly what I meant.......lots of bowlers low cost........everyone is happy. Oh well time to go to work.

rychenroller said:
Hey Mac, might have a crack next year myself for the first time....never thought myself good enough for the state team, but because its a team format, you never know I guess.

Adam

Maybe if you stopped playing online computer games, you might make the team :)

craig there are some good things in what you have suggested. with cheap entry fees that should get a few more people there. i suppose one thing will be to find centres willing to give us games for around the $4 mark. with the cost breakdown i did earier in this thread i based it on $5 which added to the figures.

one thing that i think the trials need is to have some prises like having mini tournaments. this will give everyone something to aim for even if you have a bad day you might get something back later on.

another option is if there is some companies out there that might like to sponsor the teams. hard to find i know but still worth looking into.

anyway, well thought out craig

however it was structured, i would like to see more encouragement for the people that don't make the team

the prize of making the team, is enough for those that are lucky enough to get that honour

most independants will go for around $4

sponsorship, wouldn't it be nice

i agree. the prises i was thinking were along the lines of awards for say high blocks or high games that way anyone could win them thus not giving it all back to the top people. making the team for them should be reward enough.

i have no connection to the committee but i am already looking into shirts and i will ask around some of the business i deal with for sponsorship. so if anyone from the committee wants to contact me about other options send me a pm.

I'll be trying out next year Mac.

Had mixed feelings watching you guys win in October. Without taking anything from those who made the team, thought I was robbed of a Rachuig victory by the people who stole my car and gear in March this year.

Werribee brings back mixed memories but I think I heard that synthetics are to go in there soon. I may be wrong.

As Illawarra is wood then I suggest there are a couple of options open for locations for the trials. If Werribee is going synthetic then just leaves
Northcote or Narre Warren for a Melbourne venue. The country venue could then be Morwell. I don't mention the other venues around the state as they do not have the lanes to cater for the number of bowlers we want to attract.

Now some bowlers may not like the choices but you can't pick a successful team to bowl on wooden lanes trialling on synthetic lanes. Those who think you can just live in a different reality to the rest of us.

Two weekends one in Melbourne (Northcote) and one at Morwell should provide enough incentive for both country and metro bowlers to front up for the trials.

Format is another key to attracting bowlers. As Rachuig is a teams event then bowling in a teams format should make up the majority if not all of the qualifying games for the trials.

I suggest 6 games each day over 4 days is the way to go preferably in four or five person teams (numbers will decide the ultimate makeup).

9 games qualifying followed by 15 games matchplay in teams format. I don't believe seedings are required as everyone will play each other once in a teams matchplay format.

I believe this will allow all bowlers a fair chance to firstly make it into the top 16 cut and then all bowlers a fair chance to make it into the top 7 and represent the state in Rachuig. I don't believe there should be any right for a bowler who does not finish in the top 7 to topple another bowler out of the top 7 by an appeal. It should be first 7 past the post period!

Ultimately:

Entry Fee Qualifiying: $150 (Covers first weekends bowling at Morwell)

Trial 1: Morwell Day 1 6 games qualifying in minimum 4 person teams
Day 2 3 games qualifying in minimum 4 person teams
Top 16 (Men & Women) announced
1st $120 2nd $110 3rd $100 4th $90 5th $80 6th $70 7th $60
Top 16 3 games matchplay in four person teams
Bowlers missing Top 16
6 games shootout (Scratch) Men & Women
1st $120 2nd $110 3rd $100 4th $90 5th $80 6th $70 7th $60

Top 16 pay $150.00
Trial 2: Northcote Day 1 Top 16 6 games matchplay in four person teams
Day 2 Top 16 6 games matchplay in four person teams
2005 Rachuig Teams Announced

Bowlers making top 16 bowl 12 games both weekends.
Bowlers not making top 16 bowl 15 games first weekend.

Breakdown:
Estimated game rate $5.00 Game
Top 16 Stage 1
32 X $150 (Entry Fee) = $4,800

16 X 2 X $60 (12 Games @ $5.00 ea) = $1,920
2 X $630 (Prizemoney) = $1,260

Total Cost of Top 16 for Stage 1 $3,180

Funds Raised for Rachuig Team from Stage 1 from Top 16 =$1,620

Top 16 Stage 2 32 x $150 (Continuation Fee) = $4,800
16 X 2 X $60 (12 Games @ $5.00 ea) = $1,920

Funds Raised for Rachuig Team from Stage 2 from Top 16 =$2,880

Total Funds Raised for Rachuig Team from Top 16 = $4,500

Outside Top 16 Stage 1
Estimated game rate $5.00 Game
Assume 50 males and 30 females trial

48 X $150 (Entry Fee) = $7,200

48 X $75 (15 Games @ $5.00 ea) = $3,600
2 X $630 (Prizemoney) = $1,260

Total Cost of Non Top 16 for Stage 1 $4,860

Funds Raised for Rachuig Team from Non Top 16 =$2,340

Total Funds Raised (50 males / 30 females) =$7,840

Every bowler above these figures adds $75 to funds raised as each of them will pay $75 in game rates on first weekend.

If we got what Brett was suggesting 80 / 40 then we would have a further
$3,000 dollars raised towards sending the team away.

Members of the team would have payed out only $300.00 at this stage some of them less as they may have received prizemoney from Stage 1.

If we got 50 / 30 then we would have to raise a further $4,160 by other means based on Bretts $12000 estimate. (approx $300 per bowler)

If we got 80 / 40 then we would have to raise a further $1,160 by other means based on Bretts $12000 estimate. (approx $82 per bowler)

Thus at 50 / 30 all team members may have to pay up or raise $300 to make the trip to Illawarra. Total cost comes in at $600 to make Rachuig team.

Thus at 80 / 40 all team members may have to pay up or raise $82 to make the trip to Illawarra. Total cost comes in at $382 to make Rachuig team.

Every bowler in trial above 50 / 30 (80 bowlers) level will reduce fundraising requirements of a team member by $5.35. Sounds close to current game rates doesn't it!

Any thoughts or improvements on this suggested format guys.

so the top 16 bowl 12 games of matchplay is that right???

if so

you miss playing 3 people

i would goto northcote then morwell

TRIALS - $180 entry fee

1st weekend

metro centre
days 1 & 2
6 games each day
5 man teams

2nd weekend

country centre
day 3
6 games
then cut to top 20

SELECTIONS top 20 - $180 entry fee
day 4
top 20
6 games
5 man teams

3rd weekend
metro centre
days 5 & 6
6 games each day
5 man teams

the teams would then be made up of the top 7 totals.

now for the bowlers who got cut after day 3, there would be a skins event on day 4 - 6 games - $100 skins - $20 entry fee.

with something like this the team would need to raise around $1000.

I reckon the cut should be top 20 and bowl them in 5 man teams cause thats what they will have to bowl in Rachuig. Lets duplicate the event as much as possible.

I have rolled off the last 2 years and the main reason i have is because the entry fee is affordable.

From my point of view the experience of bowling in the roll off has been valuable enough and an added incentive of prize money really hasn't been necessary for me to feel fulfilled by the 2 weekends of bowling. But then i'm young enough to still find the whole idea of rolling off for a spot in the team appealing in itself.

My only concern with involving prize money would be that your better bowlers who will end up in the team would also end up with a majority of the prize money. Meaning that bowlers who are there for the experience end up making it cheaper for your eventual team members to roll off in the first place.

I think this could mean that as many bowlers as you gain from adding the prize money side of things, you would end up losing as it would prove to expenisve or you'd lose the people who didn't like the idea of paying for your eventual team members to bowl.

I'm probably in the minority here as i only work part time and my budget is usually fairly tight as far as tournaments etc. are concerned but thats the way i see things.

Brendan Hanton

By the way if anything i've said has already been covered and i just missed it then ignore the last post.
Brendan

this is what i was getting at earlier

its about rewarding those that don't make it, cause the ones who do make are being rewarded with a state shirt

my last post may seem expensive but if you look at it if you get all the way through then you get 36 games for $360. if you bowl a tounrnament you might get 10 or 16 games for your $300.

Now for the bowler that dont make the top 20. they have got 18 games for $180. On top of that for an addition $20 they can bowl in the skins on day 4... 6 skins @ $100 each.

Back to the top 20 on days 4,5 & 6 they will bowl a total of 18 games straight out, it wouldnt be matchplay.

Maybe im wrong but i thought the possibility of 36 games against some of the best in the state was worth $360. Your thoughts?

after speaking with peter coburn rachuig next year will be bowled 9 games on long oil and 9 games on short oil.
i think it is high priority that the trials are bowled in centre's with a kegel and that know how to use them properly.i would hope that each weekend of the trials has one day of short oil and one day of long oil.i personally couldn't give a stuff if a centre has wooden lanes or not as long as they can lay down the two patterns properly.
i would like to see it bowled two weekends straight 6 games a day with reoil after 3 games each day.with the first seven past the post and each 3 game high block prizes handed out to bowlers who dont make the top 7,which would have to be worked out afterwards.as making the team should be enough reward as it is.

thanks mac

Back
Top Bottom