rachuig 2005

Obviously the fish are still biting :wink:
I knew that I was using the right bait after your performance in the Sale Cup

If someone posted a picture of Illawarra he might have understood where it was next year.

In all honesty though if you want centres with wooden lanes and challenging conditions then why not. Wont see the 230 aves at these centres but will see who has the bowling brains to tough it out and score under these conditions. So many big rollers have mad the journey in the past and failed miserably
(38 juniors in Pres Shield over the past 16 years cant mean that the centre is that bad) :p

Hi guys,
Just to let you all know, Emerson shield Final will be held at Mentone 2005 on the last weekend in Nov. Therefore it will not clash with State team commitments. Junior shield will be held at Ed Fleming Lanes on the weekend of the 20th Nov 2005. Morwell has been slotted in to hold the Goldpin Youth Cup on the first weekend of 1st & 2nd Oct.

All these dates will avoid clashing with the Nationals and hopefully everyone will be able to have a go all any event they want.
Regards

Interesting reading several post's on holding state team trials as late as possible so that we could take the best team away who are displaying best form at the time of the trials.

Great Idea, however there is a lot more work involved behind the scene to send a team away, and it takes time to organise. Shirts can take up to 8-12 weeks to order. You know that everyone on the Vic Tenpins committee has a full time job so to put things in the right perpective you must realise that these guys do put a lot of hours into making sure that everything is in its right place.

As some of you have stated, this is not an individual event but a team event and therefore a lot more planning has to be put into place. You need to book Hotels/ Motels almost 12 months in advance, and to get the cheaper airfares they need to be booked weel in advanced. Then you have bowlers who would rather drive than fly, or who will stay at a bigger hotel, because the committe's choice does not suit them. The job for the committee is hard because you are dealing with so many different bowlers etc.

However a great idea would be to attend some of these meetings on a regular basis to see what these hard working committee's do and have to put with.

As for Chucky well there's a talent (both bowling and Non-Bowling) going to waste. If he would generate as much energy into being involved with these various committee's as he does canning everyone and getting his nose out of joint because Geelong could not put up a condition that suited him. Stop whining Craig and show the bowling world how good you really are. But please stop this whining it is making us all cry for shame...........

Sydpies,

for emerson shield, are you talking Junior, youth, or Adult, as the Adult event is always penciled in for the weekend, prior to Melbourne Cup (the horses that is).

ok sydpies

i have retracted my negative statements in regards to 2 centres i found came up well short of the mark, when trying to reach out and get bowling happening again in some form.

and upon viewing your comments, i have imposed a 3 month ban on bagging anything and everyone (except wozza & rooboy)

for people that do know me in person, i go out of my way to help anyone, in the bigger picture of benefitting the sport, and at times are misread in messages i put accross on here. like many i have poured in thousands and taken out little, and the same goes with my time.

but as most know, its all about promotion, emmerson shield is getting bigger and bigger, country cup is trying to be invaded by the aliens from planet melbourne

some may not like what i say, but them 2 forums alone, generate more publicity on this website than any other forum

as for my bagging of bowling centres, maybe i am trying to motivate them into doing the best when they put themselves on these platforms.

i did that much promotion for geelong and sale, and look what happened. they fell way short of the mark.

sale and geelong used to be 2 of the best tournament houses going, why now do they perform so badly???? it has be done before and it can be done again, so do it

and for those that think that geelong losing nearly every event it enters makes me happy, you couldn't be so further from the truth, if they went undefeated for the next 50 years, nothing would make me happier.

i just gave them a good kick in the a$$. and i hope they think of it everyday, and ensure all the things they let go under the radar, and show no concern about, they will stop taking for granted and go and do what they do best, nobody knows their capabilities more than yours truly. and thats the truth.

syd obviously knows i have stuck my nose in on the administering of the sport. i considered that i have done well in those areas. but i eventually got sick of clashing heads with non bowling people that ended up on committees, that were only their to benefit their immediate families. i even was accepted as a president shield coach and had it retracted because i could not present a level 2 certificate, even though i had passed all the tests 6 months prior.

maybe when everyone from the committee of them days is gone, i might poke my nose back in and offer some help, until then, no thanks, these people know who they are.

cause theres nothing i hate more than people slowing down progression or just find themselves well and truly stuck in the past. they are yesterdays people making decisions on what we are doing tomorrow.

as i offered before, throw me some numbers on how much it will roughly cost rachuig to go to ILLAWARRA, and i might be able to throw you some answers to take back to your committee and hopefully swing into place.

balls back in your court syd :wink:

Emmerson shield is a definite for the last weekend in Nov 2005 and junior shield will be the weekend before.
These dates were confirmed over the weekend in Mildura by Ray Hodge.
Goldpin are trying very hard to avoid clashing, thereby giving you guys the chance to bowl in these events.

By the way Chucky I like your last post, it sounds more like the old you. Say whay you think and pull no punches.

However we are stuck with certain personal on committee's because they are the ones who nominate and get voted on. If a lot more bowlers put their names forward then we would most likely have a different look committee, whether they would be better or not is another question.

Also congrats Chucky on your fine performance at Warrnambool, sorry I was not there to see you. I have always liked your bowling talent.

Craig said

i have imposed a 3 month ban on bagging anything and everyone (except wozza & rooboy)

Thanks mate I knew that I could count on you :wink:

So does that mean that you really are going into politics and not saying it as it is and therefore stretching the truth to all your faithfull listeners for the next 3 months :?: :lol:

the only way to fix the board, is to up end the board

baggage has always been an issue

now back to rachuig, i have worked out approximately that to get both teams away, it costs roughly $12000

i am going to adopt the theory of safety in numbers to raise my money

nomination fee $25

projection of getting 80 men and 40 women to try out

$3000

trial 1 & 2 (both on a sunday) 10 games in each trial cost per trial $65

$130 is to be paid before commencement of trial. thats $130 for 20 games

thats at $4.00 per game to the centre, if its cheaper the cost can be reduced

so after the first trial we have raised

$6000

bringing our overall total to

$9000

then we cut to the top 20

playing 20 games on 1 weekend at a cost of $130

19 games of matchplay plus a positional round

with the top 7 on total pinfall qualifying to represent victoria at illawarra

after the completion of the trials, we have raised another

$2000

bringing out overall total to

$11000

plus a fee to coaches and managers of $100 each taking our total to

$11400

making the other $600 would have to be made up of fundraising, or be self funded at a cost of $35 per every successful bowler

now everyone is going to say, but how can we get that many people to try out for rachuig, surely that many people aren't interested in team bowling, so i will throw some interesting numbers your way

emmerson sheild (final) 56 men and 56 women

country cup 77 men and 77 women

dunn shield 84 men and 84 women

total 207 men and 207 women

i know a few people double up events, so i will make a 50% reduction as an over kill

now totalling 103 men and 103 women

plus throw in a few elite juniors and seniors who we would welcome to try out as well as a handfull of people who don't bowl in these events for whatever reason, taking our total back upto

110 men and 110 women

we are only chasing 80 men and 40 women

all the above people love bowling team competition, they do it year in year out

the biggest grip with rachuig has been the cost if you make it, well surely $35 isn't too much for such an honour and you don't have to sell a raffle ticket or anything, all you have to do is promote rachuig and get people to have a go

i am pretty sure i have done my numbers correctly, if i haven't drop me a line and i will ammend any mistakes

if you want to run lucky numbers or anything, run them on the first trial and with the profits, maybe have a lucky draw for all non qualifiers to refund their entry or a proportion of it, because ultimately, the 60 men and 20 women who miss are the people who needed to be encouraged to make my system work :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hey Woza Can tell me why on earth you would want your best in the state to fail in these centres ? And then you have a weaker team to send to NSW next year this is just plain crazy. If you do the qualifying say on the same condition that they had for this years nationals you should by rights get the better bowlers in the state making the team. And i wonder if you guys have short memories this years Junior nationals were at Illawarra and have a look at the scores that were produced,and the centre is only 2 years old unlike some of the wooden lane centres in country victoria that were built back when Jesus played fullback for Jerusalem.

Hawka

I dont want the best in the state to fail in these centres. Fair enough I will grant you that we do not have the best lanes or the latest oiling machine but there is no reason as to why we could not hold trials there in order to select the best team to trvel away. The best always rise to the top no matter which centre they bowl in.

Even though Chucky likes to bag the centre he made allstars in both Emerson and CCup. There you go Chucky theres a plug for you :lol:
Its the negative attitude that kills alot of guys from the start - Not that I am accusing you of that.
I have a saying - If you are intimmidated then you have already lost. Which appears to be the case when alot of city bowlers bowl in the country or espically at Morwell. They all know how to score at Home but take them out of their comfort zone and they quickly crumble.

If you wanted to send the best team to Illawara you would have your trials a week before the event at Illawara on the condition that were to be laid for Rachuig. This aint going to happen for obvious reasons.

The problem is that people dont bowl for the right reasons. If you truly wanted to represent the Victorian side then wouldnt you do everything in your power to get there not just relying on your current strong points but having the balls to admit your weaknesses and doing somthing towards resolving them.

To many people whether at State, Emerson, Dunn Shield or CCup take it for granted that once they make the side their job is done. WAKE UP Your job hasnt even started yet just because you made the side this should be all the more resason to work harder at improving your game. Honestly how many people can put their hand up and say that they do this. Less than half I would guess.

Personally I dont consider myself to be a great individual bowler but without blowing my own trumpet I would consider myself to be a good team bowler. People can make their own judgements. Looking at just CCup if I had to pick a side as far as team bowlers go there are about 10 guys that come straight to mind. Chucky would be one of the first guys that I would select. I better stop thats 2 plugs for you in the one post :lol:

So in answer to your question Hawka the only way that a weaker team would be sent away is if the so called "better bowlers" of the state didnt trial because one weeknd of trials was held at Morwell and Sale. If I said that the trials were to be held at Werribee for instance would this change your mind. But then again do you want these bowlers in the side in the first place. If you were serious about being in the team then you would bowl on the moon if they told you to.

i'm always positive

i just convince you guys its crap, so i can beat ya, before we put our shoes on :p :p :p

morwell is great :wink:

2 all star teams out of 2 appearances

werribee = wood

werribee = kegel

werribee = high scoring

werribee = accomodating management for that kind of thing

sounds like a match

88 days to go

has anyone got anything they'd like to add, query or complain about in regards to my proposal for rachuig???

everyone has gone quiet now i'm all nice and civilised

The numbers dont lie. The more people that trial the beter the trials are and the more experience that is gained

All that you have to do is get people to commit

All hail to the great leader Chucky :wink:

Thats not a bad first up address to the people of your kingdom :lol:

Were you running for Prime Minister or Treasurer :lol:

I think that having the trials at Werribee would be the best solution for Illawrra, however the oiling pattern would have to be what will be laid at the Nationals.That would put most of Werribee bowlers out of contention. But then the ones who would have a show are the ones you most likeley would want in your team.

Chucky, you must have read my mind as I was only talking to one of the State officials saying the the first trial should be much cheaper to encourage more participation. I like your Idea, which is far better then last years trials. (yet they won Rachuig)

Maybe we can get the State to have a serious look at this proposal.In fact I would suggest that we all send Justin an e-mail telling him about Chucky's proposal. And maybe, just maybe we could finish with 100 bowlers for the trials.(oh bring back the old days).

Back
Top Bottom