2003 Victorian Rachuig Trials

Well done Danni.
I hope to see you there.
Any problems put up a post and we'll see what we can do.

To all concerned!, Due to an excellent job oppertunity in Vic, i may be moving there, im flying over on the 21st of feb to have a look, and to see if its where im looking to futher my career in hospitality!, as to moving to WA that is still a sure thing, but if i take this job in Vic, it will set me up very well for Wa, in hotel mangament. Im glad i could clear this very exciting topic up for you all.

Mark Foster :)

Getting to Rachuig Trials

Danni

You mentioned you stored your stuff at Chadstone as that is where you bowl on a Friday. I bowl at Chadstone on a Tuesday night in the Pacesetters League. I would be happy to give you a lift if you require one on the days of the trials at Mooroolbark as at this stage I'm 100% sure I'll be trying out agian this year.

If you were at the trials at Mentone last year you would have seen that I was the bowler who had to pull out halfway through day one as a ball shot out of the ball return and caught my finger. Later at the hospital I found out it was crushed and had to endure six weeks off from bowling. I was disappointed as I had to withdraw from the 2000 trials with an elbow strain.

Was wondering if I should push my luck again this year but after bowling in the Cairns Open over the Australia day weekend decided that I would like another oportunity to bowl in North Queensland. Having made ECCC teams and having been an inaugural Victorian Walter Daveer team member in '96, I have decided it is time to complete the set.

:?: If you would like a lift simply call me at Chadstone bowl on a Tuesday night or email me. If not I hope everything comes together for you to be able to bowl in the trials. Good luck.

Yours in bowling: Jockey :)
Terry Silva
[email protected]

i will be there

I will be there giving it a go for the first time ever sinch i bowed in P.S a few years going i see you all there 8)

To Terry,

Thanks for the offer, I very much appreciate the thought of you giving me a lift up to Mooroolbark.

I wasn't at the trials at Mentone last year but I am very sorry about finger getting crushed, hope it's all better now. :)

e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks heaps

Danni

Well first I have to make top 16 :)

As for being in Bendigo, I think it would have been better in the big smoke as I guess most of the bowlers will be from the city. Apart from the cost if you make the side this is just adds more costs for the bowlers. I would not be surprised to here that people have decided not to bowl because they might have to travel there aswell as townsville.

However in regard to the bowlers from outside the city i guess its better for some of the country bowlers who now don't have to travel as far.

I never bowled there before but I'm sure it will be fine.

Hey Bowlrig,

Yes i bowl in the city. I dont mind travelling to bendigo its only approx. 90 min drive for me. I was talking in general, i dont know the exact numbers of city bowlers compared to country bowlers. Basically no matter where it is there is always going to be someone that it doesnt suit.

I just hope we get good numbers and everyone has a good time.

Peter,

I am unable to open the email (entry form rachuig) so would you be able to mail me one out??, can you just grab my address from TBA, as i dont wish to post it on here.

Regards
Mark

Mark,

The privacy act prohibits me from accessing the TBA data.

I have sent you the same form in an alternate file format.

If this doesn't work can u reply to my email with your postal address.

Well theres only 4 weeks to go until the roll-offs start.
How are entries going Peter? You should get mine next week. You have to be in it to win it :)

Crazzzed,

There's been a lot of talk and very little action so far, but it is early days.

I have a total of 16 confirmed entries (with deposits) so far for both teams.

To those of you who will be bowling the Rachuig trials in Bendigo..I have some advice!

Be afraid, Be VERY afraid!

Thanks for the advice wchester :D
Maybe I should send off my entry.
Just out of curiousity whats there to be afraid of?
I have one thing to ask though, just take it easy on me if you are bowling against me :lol: :lol: :lol:

A little side note to all the bowlers that are having a go good luck and high scoring.

Rachuig Ladies

Just wondering how many ladies are considering trying out for Vic Rachuig this year?

It seems like the numbers are dropping due to amount that it costs if you qualify since we have to travel so far.

Be afraid, be VERY afraid.....
of the lane conditions!

I'm not an Australian Citizen so I guess I'mnot eligible to represent the state in which I live.....Come to think of it..I'mnot eligible to represent Australia in and competition..nor can i coach for Australia in any official capacity..
OH>>>>BUT WAIT< Maybe I can because Ron Hoppe does..LOL

I AM here on a PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA !

Just in response to Becca, I am going to have a go at Rachuig this year and see how I go, if I don't make the team, at least I tried.

Anyone else know the numbers of women who are definitely bowling rachuig roll-offs this year?

Thanks in advance.

Danni

Wayne,

Australian Citizenship is not a criteria to represent your state in Rachuig, De Veer, Youth or President Shield. The following is the eligibility criteria:

6. ELIGIBILITY - TEAM MEMBER, SELECTOR, MANAGER, COACH
Each person:
(a) Must be a financial member of a TBA Licensed Association or Registered Bowling Centre - in good standing and attained the age of 18 years on or prior to the first day of the National Adult Championships in that year.
(b) Must be capable of conducting themselves in such a manner so as not to reflect discredit on TBA, the State/Territory they are representing or tenpin bowling.
(c) Must have qualified for Team Membership in accordance with the conditions set down by the State/Territory Committee in charge of team selection.

Each competitor:
(d) Must have bowled a minimum of 24 games in a TBA Accredited League in the State/Territory they wish to represent during the current year.
(e) Must, unless granted exemption under Rule 6 (f), be resident in the State or Territory for that period of time that enables them to participate in the respective selection trials or process - from the commencement of the selection process.
(f) A bowler wishing to represent a State or Territory that is different to the one being resided in at the time of the trials may apply in writing to TBA for an exemption to Rule 6 (e).

Coaches:
All applicants for the position of Coach of a State/Territory Team must hold at least a current Level 2 Accreditation under the TBA National Coaching Accreditation Scheme. If a Level 2 coach is unavailable, approval must be obtained from TBA for the appointment of an alternative accredited coach.

On this basis, I'll put you down as an entry?

I stand corrected.....( I think lol )
Thanks Peter but I'm RETIRED
Oh, and just where is Ron's name on the TBA list of accredited coaches? So I guess that can't be the reason my application was ignored.

PS..would you like to second my nomination for a position on the TBA board of directors?

Back
Top Bottom