Vic Rachuig Trials

I would have to agree chucker. we should be trying to do everything possible to make it as close as we can to tournament conditions as we can. this year i have bowled on the TBA condition and its nothing like any house conditions ive found. I would hate to see people trying out, then making the team to find that the actual event is nothing like what they tried out on. All this will do is hurt the bowler, the team, the state and may harm numbers for future tryouts. With this year being in our home state there should be no excuses why we cant have as much as possible in our favour. 36 entries for the men is a good response. Also with not being able to have all the trials in the actual centre as the event i hope that something is put in place so the teams have the best possible chance to succeed.

Good luck to all who are tring out and to the committee i hope it runs smoothly for you too as the format is something new.

hey all...
just wondering if someone from the tba or if someone has any news.. if they could post some squad listing of whos bowling... it should be a great turn out this year..
Thanks Tracey Madden

i found out last night there is 33 women 36 men so i guess that means that the 18 game matchplay almost works for the men you play half the field then probably a positional would be a good idea maybe this could be suggested when we have our meeting when we check in what do people think of this idea? :idea:

Well thats a fair turn out. Not as good as the 80's but its better than it has been.

Personally im not worried about the head to head part as you are not going to play everyone so alittle bit of luck is going to play apart in it all. No doubt there will be people who have to play all the top bowlers and there will be ones that dont. So all that is going to matter is to bowl your own game. Although a positional round would be interesting at the end if 7th and 8th are close :)

Good luck to everyone

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

Entries are going well for Rachuig looks like 36 men & 21 women. As stated I am giving you an idea of how the lane draw will work. With 36 men the field will be split in 2 after the 6 games of seeding. All the odd positions will be in one division & all the even positions in another division. Each bowler will play everybody once in their division & finish with a positional round.

Ladies with 21 were are thinking about making the seeding games only 4 & then every lady will be each other once the the matchplay. This is only a suggestion & will be discussed with you on Saturday, so have a think or let me know before the weekend.

As for De Veer only 7 men, we are looking at how many games the TBA requires the roll off to be & then we will discuss options with the men on Saturday. Ladies De Veer have 11. Again we are thinking of running the seeding over 4 games & then everybody will pay everybody twice.

Hope this helps with understanding & will see you all there on Saturday.

Thanks
Simon Calder
Board Member
VicTenpins

Hi Simon , Just in reply to your post how about if you ignore the 4 games for seedings and just bowl a straight 20 games matchplay and do the draw at random on saturday morning .

Regards Cheryl Bast

Only 7 men in De Veer and it's in Vic so cost's are down not a great result so making the team mean's turn up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

walter der veer

tba should have given more notice of the change in the tournament's average requirements before people found out on the entry form's

Good to see that they at least got seven. The numbers for Rachuig though are very encouraging. Waiting to see if I can get shoes and if I can then I will definately be a part of the action!

Cheryl

We could do that however the roll off has been advertised as 24 games & as we have more than 7 women I think we should stick to the 24 games. Therefore the 4 games for seeding make the matchplay work out better.

Thanks
Simon Calder
Board Member
VicTenpins

well people.. all i can say is i'm looking forward to bowling this weekend.. it's been a long time since i've tried out for rachuig..

think i might take it a bit more seriously..

Terry hope you get some shoes and bowl..

looking forward to seeing you all on the weekend..

well tomorrow the trials start. i would like to wish everyone good luck in their attempts. Seeing the level of people trying out this year it's looking good for Victoria to repeat it's efforts in 2000.

GO VICS

Simon,

If you are going to make the women bowl 4 games seeding only, does that mean we only bowl 4 games on Saturday, or will be bowl 4 games seeding, then 2 games Matchplay on the Saturday?

I believe that 4 games to seed women is much easier to have someone bowl 4 good games, but if there were 6, it's a little more harder to have that bowler who may be lucky bowling 4 good games, but not 6.

Anyway thats just my view of it. But I'm assuming the seeding is more of a lane draw then anything else, especially if the women end up playing everyone anyway, it wont matter.

Looking forward to Tomorrow. :wink:
Jenny

Well the first weekend is over... so what did people think?

Personally i didnt do that well on the first day. trouble carrying and generally not bowling well. Day two was different, bowled alot better and started to carry the corners.

As for the format, i hope that it doesnt cause problems at the end because of the field having to be split into 2 groups and everyone only playing half the bowlers. I sat down and looked over the groups after the first day and in my opinion one group is far stronger than the other. At the end of the day its probably not going to matter much as better bowlers will still work there way through it. Even now looking down the top 20 after the weekend, who are still in with a chance, there is the making of a good side in there.

Ok so does anyone have any thoughts on the trials so far?

i thought we probably would have been better off a random draw as 4 games will never be enough games to seed people and you may as well have done a random draw.i dont believe it will cost anyone and i hope that the positional game at the end will be over the whole field as it will be awesome to see 7th play 8th especially if it is close that way the one who chokes wont make it.the best bowlers will still make it.it was great to see boronia attempt to lay down a 3 to 1 pattern and i thought it played very close to that if you missed to the right bad luck it made everyone play tighter.it was also great to see some older faces there performing and the turnout was unbelievable and hope this sets a trend for year to come.bring on forrest hill.

Back
Top Bottom