rachuig 2005

chucker

I would like to start off by saying what a great job we did this year and would love to see every team member try out again next year.

A few people recently have spoken to me about trying to get selection through next year i am a bit sceptical about supporting this as it was initially the down fall of victoria in the late nineties with regards to the amount of entries and talent we had trying out.If someone could come up with a fair way of selecting then i would push for it otherwise i think it is a waste of time as wewill lose the future of victoian bowling.

It is up to us to keep this state strong and to defend in the best manner as we can.With this in put an invitation out to all the all star teams from emerson,dunn shield and country cup and hope that you will accept this as you are the best team bowlers in this state and team bowlers are what we need not individuals.

Now i would like everyone to post some ideas on formats thjey would like as last years format was a discrace and the most unfair format i have seen and whoevers idea it was should be shot.i would like to see the trials bowled as close to rachuig as possible with a reoil after three games and six games a day.i would like to see some lefties try out next year e.g porto,terry and pauly francis,i dont think i have been in a team with a lefty for long time and i beleive we need them.

Chucky i told you at mildura that we would be defending now get off your ass and actually try out.

And last of all if you are more concerned about how many games you get once you make it and not about representing your state and winning one tip.....dont try out we dont need bowlers like yourself. :p

Hey Mac, might have a crack next year myself for the first time....never thought myself good enough for the state team, but because its a team format, you never know I guess.

Adam

well i would have to agree with Mac. we need to continue to build Vic bowling if we are going to be a force around the country.

Ok here is something that i come up with to help with entries and to give a us a fair format to allow us to put out a solid team. How about having the trials over 2 weekends at 4 different centres. first weekend could be at 2 centres in the west and the 2nd weekend 2 centre out east of the state. This process will help to give us a team that is capable of adapting to many conditions which will be needed when going interstate next year as we have no idea of what the conditions will be. Now each day would have 6 games and would be played in no less than 3 man teams (this would be decided depending on entries). Now to increase numbers i believe if we were to run each day like a mini tournament with prises to be won then each day all bowlers would have something to aim for even if they are back in the field overall. At the end of the 4 days the top 7 combined totals would make the team.

The other thing is that the trials shouldnt be to far away from the actual event. As people situations can change over a 6month period. If the trials were 1-2 months prior to dates that would still give time for a couple of practices and shirt to be organised. Also woould help to get bowlers into the team that are in form when it counts.

ok theres my 20 cents worth. I hope there is some more to come from others. if we can come up with something that will work it will make it easier for the comittee to setup becuase they will know they have the support of the bowlers.

hey mac,
its a great post Buuuuuuut
a very Reliable source has just told me that Dunn Shield and Rachuig are gunna clash on the Saturday...
has anyone heard anything on this??
Ta
Tracey Madden

i heard the same rumor but until the dates are out thats all it is.

Chucker said

It is up to us to keep this state strong and to defend in the best manner as we can.With this in put an invitation out to all the all star teams from emerson,dunn shield and country cup and hope that you will accept this as you are the best team bowlers in this state and team bowlers are what we need not individuals.

Out of interest what has been the makeup of the team in the previous couple of years.

Primarily this years side would have been mostly from Dunn Shield and I assume that it would not have been much more different in other years allthough I do know that some country people have trialled and made the team in previous years.

At this stage the Emerson final also clashes with the nationals although if you had the opportunity I'd know which one I would be bowling in.

I remember the first year that I trialled shield, (going back 15 years now) bowled at Moorabin in 5 man teams and there wasn't a spare lane in the house. Obviously that has gone out of our game as all of the representative teams whether state or local struggle to get numbers for their trials. As to why this is the case who knows??

You have brought up some very valid points in selection trials should be closer to the event to pick the in form bowlers. Also if you could get the best bowlers from Emerson, Dunn Shield and Country Cup to trial then this could only make the exisitng winning combination stronger.

I am sure that over the next couple of months this topic will create alot of interesting reading.

And to rychenroller - you be a shoe in from what I have seen

Heya ppls,

Rachuig is awesome i enjoyed myself last year when i bowled it was an experience an a half just so bowl with people like Paul T Mac S Brett G and a few others.

I just hope that the futher for Rachuig is strong because i enjoy every aspect of bowling with the best and i agree with what you guys are saying.

Well hope to see all those who tried out last year next year for some great action because i'll be there for making sure us young guys up with give you older guys a shake up hehehe lol

Catch up with some of you guys soon
Jimmy Bowles out.....

RACHUIG

For those who know the rules you may be able to tell me if iam right or not.

The bowlers who make the team must compete in the all events at the State Championships which are held around May.

With so many bowlers with an interest in the trials maybe they should put themselves up for election at either C.T.B.A.M ,M.TB.A,T.B.A.L or their Local Association's Agm's
and then they can have a say in how trials/tournaments are run.

I am sure all the different association's would love to have fresh young idea's to enable the sport to prosper in this state

Oh sheet yeah, Rachuig was on the same weekend as Emerson :? :(

How do we get the best from Dunn/Emerson/Country cup to have a crack at Rachuig then? More cooperation? Or there are too many team events later in the year, some people are going to have to make choices/sacrifices? Where is Rachuig going to be next year anyway?

And thx btw Woza...dunno about that but would be nice to be competitive anyway.

with all the concern of dates clashing does anyone know when the comittee is meeting to decide the dates for next year?

As usual i'd like to have a go, just need a few things to happen in the non bowling bit of my life first, fingers crossed this will be the year!

i m betting alot of people would love to try out but the cost of it is ridiculous, and then if you make the team , depending on where it is it could cost upwards of 1500 bucks, there r some top bowlers out there thats just cant afford that sort of money, hell i would love to try out.

Matthew

we dont seem to have to many suggestions about the format. does anyone else have an idea on how put some interest back into rachuig?

now in regard to costs ive done some quick calculations and come up with the following:

TRIALS -
2 weekends
4 different centres
24 games - 6 each day - in blocks of 3 games
trial entry - $250

PRIZES FOR THE TRIALS - the top 3 (3 game blocks) each day
1st - $100
2nd - $75
3rd - $50

SUMMARY of RACHUIG trip
Shirts - 2 shirts each - $80 x 9 people = $720
Airfares - $150 return x 9 people = $1350
Minibus - 7 days - 12 seater = $700
Accomondation - 3 rooms - $400 x 7 nights = $2800
Rachuig Bowling - $500
TOTAL - $6070

...and it would come together like this:

30 bowlers x $250 = +$7500
9 team members x $300 = +$2700
fundraising = +$400
trial games - $5 each x 24 games x 30 bowlers = -$3600
prizes for trials = -$900
rachuig trip = -$6070
TOTAL = +$30

ok so there you go. now these figures are all approx. for one team and im not sure if ive missed anything but if there is support for the event then it could be possible to send a team of 9 for around $300 each with abit of fundraising. Now i didnt take into account food because i figured everyone would fix that up while they are there. if anyone has any other thoughts on how we can get the team to the event please post your thoughts and maybe we can make it possible for a big turn out next year.

HI All, This year at President Shield Trials we bowled 8 games of qualifying then we cut to the top 16 and then we bowled 6 games later that afternoon then we finished it off on the sunday.
But i agree with crazzzed but the only problem with have to find centers with wooden lanes since Illawarra is wood and the only centers that are wood are Northcote and Werribee cause Geelong has put in synthetic lanes. whats mildura? maybe we could use Morwell.

And Next yr will be my first try at Rachuig.

Cheers
Chris C

One weekend

Six games at Morwell on Saturday
Six games at Sale on Sunday

This would sort out who had their thinking caps on.

hey wozza

PUT A SOCK IN IT YOU MORON :p :p :p

i would like to know how much it costs to send a team away every year

then i will put my thinking cap on, and find the best possible solution to what is the fairest and most economical way to get to rachuig

p.s you don't mind sharing tents do you ???????

Back
Top Bottom