Country Championships

Actually in Grumpy's defence, I always look at what entry forms there are when I go to the bowl. Not that we have been there that much due to work commitments and both of us being sick. I have not seen an entry form for this for what ever reason.......

Apart from that most of our bowling commitments are in the city and seeing the city bowlers can't compete, well obviously I would not see and entry form there.

:)

Liz

I am sure if you still wanted to enter Liz, they would be only to happy to accept an entry from you this weekend

Actually in Grumpy's defence, I always look at what entry forms there are when I go to the bowl. Not that we have been there that much due to work commitments and both of us being sick. I have not seen an entry form for this for what ever reason.......
Liz
So the best way to resolve this is to come out and attack the VCTBA on a public forum because you didnt get an entry in:mad:
If you post your personal home mailing address on this forum then I am sure that every tournament that is running in the world can post you an entry form at your cost of course just in case you may want to enter and thus avoid missing the entry closing date. Problem Solved ;)
Apart from that most of our bowling commitments are in the city and seeing the city bowlers can't compete, well obviously I would not see and entry form there.
:)
Liz
I was in SA last weekend and I didnt see an entry form there either - Might have somthing to do with it being the Victorian Country Championships. I guess that the VCTBA is doing their bit for the environment and has saved a few trees by not sending the entry forms out to centres that are ineligible to compete
P.S. - See you tommorrow with your late entry

So the best way to resolve this is to come out and attack the VCTBA on a public forum because you didnt get an entry in:mad:
If you really want the truth we will NEVER bowl country champs because of what the VCTBA did to liz the first year we were in the country.
Let me see living in Sale working and staying in Melbourne during the week.
Refused Entry.
How many are allowed to participate in the country champs in the same situation.

If you really want the truth we will NEVER bowl country champs because of what the VCTBA did to liz the first year we were in the country.
Let me see living in Sale working and staying in Melbourne during the week.
Refused Entry.
How many are allowed to participate in the country champs in the same situation.
So a public forum is the place to make comments about not seeing an entry form and missing the entry closing date when in fact you actually had an entry form given to you and had no intention of bowling in the first place.
Also nice double standards when you wont bowl Country Champs but will bowl Senior Shield and Country Cup. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that the VCTBA runs all 3 of those tournaments.

Some highlights from todays events
First team squad this morning and Farky was abit nervous in coming up against a young female girl from Bendigo Georgia - Apparently his head to head record against them is not that good
A Wilkins left the 5-7-10
Farky getting so many revs on the ball that he ripped his finger insert out
Wilkins is definetly not an anchor bowler the amount of coke frames that he missed i dont have enough fingers or toes to count them all - i think that that is why he hides at position 1 or 2
Farky realising that you shouldnt lean back on a chair that has no back on it (reckons that it fixed his back though)
Motta - for his 676 series with a 149 first game
Had a great last squad bowling teams with Motta Wilko and Farky - plenty of laughs, some great bowling and most probably somthing that should happen outside of Country Cup more often.
Special mention to Tori Wilko who bowled very well with a 163 game in the last squad

Wilkins is definetly not an anchor bowler the amount of coke frames that he missed i dont have enough fingers or toes to count them all
Forgetting about Friday nights are we Woza? I don't think you have enough fingers and toes to count the coke frames missed by a certain anchor bowler then either!

Some highlights from todays events
First team squad this morning and Farky was abit nervous in coming up against a young female girl from Bendigo Georgia - Apparently his head to head record against them is not that good
A Wilkins left the 5-7-10
Farky getting so many revs on the ball that he ripped his finger insert out
Wilkins is definetly not an anchor bowler the amount of coke frames that he missed i dont have enough fingers or toes to count them all - i think that that is why he hides at position 1 or 2
Farky realising that you shouldnt lean back on a chair that has no back on it (reckons that it fixed his back though)
Motta - for his 676 series with a 149 first game
Had a great last squad bowling teams with Motta Wilko and Farky - plenty of laughs, some great bowling and most probably somthing that should happen outside of Country Cup more often.
Special mention to Tori Wilko who bowled very well with a 163 game in the last squad

lol bring back country cup memories for you did it woza? :p

So a public forum is the place to make comments about not seeing an entry form and missing the entry closing date when in fact you actually had an entry form given to you and had no intention of bowling in the first place.
Also nice double standards when you wont bowl Country Champs but will bowl Senior Shield and Country Cup. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that the VCTBA runs all 3 of those tournaments.
Yes a public forum is the place to bring things up and it wouldn't be the first time.
Entry form given to us, maybe you can tell me whom gave it to me and then I might be able to find it.
Refused entry to country champs not to others.
Maybe you are right I should just not bowl these tournies, maybe I should just not bowl at all. What would another one or two bowlers leaving the sport matter, eventualy there will be just enough to make teams for c/cup etc, afterall thats all the people needed to bowl. Forget about the rest they are not needed.
If you think this post is negative towards bowling you need to open your eyes and look around and I don't see the VCTBA doing anything about it.
If you can show me different I will appoligise but as a bowler I just dont see it.
Gunther

Mens open Masters

1st Kev - total 1489 - 6 wins (10 bonus points a win) bowled total of 7 games
2nd Farky - total 1477 4.5 wins
3rd Woza - total 1470 3 wins
4th Joshua Alvisse 1461 3.5 wins
5th Motta - total 1438 5 wins

So between 1st and 5th about 50 pins after 7 games

In the Ladies

1st Christene Clark - total 1489 7 wins
2nd Nicole Bree - total 1271 4 wins
3rd Paiige Williams - total 1259 4 wins

Boys open master

1st Robert Hillenaar total 1697 7 wins (they bowled 8 games)
2nd mattew chettleburgh total 1588 5 wins
3rd Bryce Woszczeiko total 1466 4.5 wins

Girls open Masters

1st Tenielle Scott total 1463 6 wins (also bowled 8 games)
2nd Kristy Menzies total 1322 4 wins
3rd Chantal Bosma total 1239 5 wins

In the graded I know that Paul Hegarty won the mens Charmaine Smith won the ladies and Chase Wilkins won the Graded Juniors (they combined the girls and the boys)

Congrats to above

Mens open Masters
1st Kev - total 1489 - 6 wins (10 bonus points a win) bowled total of 7 games
2nd Farky - total 1477 4.5 wins
3rd Woza - total 1470 3 wins
4th Joshua Alvisse 1461 3.5 wins
5th Motta - total 1438 5 wins

lol...seems i need a nickname

congrats to all the winners. had a great w/e. already looking forward to next year in Geelong :p

lol...seems i need a nickname
congrats to all the winners. had a great w/e. already looking forward to next year in Geelong :p
No worries we will work on that FLASH;)
Glad that you had a great weekend - would have been a very different condition than you used to

While it is fresh in people's minds I'd be curious to know what people think of the "new" masters format.

Personally i don't think 10 pins for a win is a big enough reward. The old format of double knockout was very much focussed on winning head to head (too much so) whereas the new system (basically) rewards high average. I think it should reward a combination of both.

Our local masters has a 30 pin bonus for a win and this makes it much more important to win your point. 170 and a win is as important as 200 and a loss.

This is not designed to be negative comment as I much prefer the round robin system to the old double knockout. I'm just asking if anyone else would like to see more emphasis on winning matches or if they are happy with the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom