Country Championships

ThEOnE

Just a call out to who is coming down to the valley for the Country Champs and the Masters?
Maybe we can organise a dinner if there is enough people staying over the weekend?:drunk:

What is country champs? You been hiding under a rock or something Trav? lol

Country Champs is singles, doubles and teams events of three game series. Graded by average, and bowled in a different country centre each year. You can also enter 'All Events' which totals your three events (nine games) and the overall wins in each division.

It also incorporates the Masters event, which is I believe a double elimination knock out (someone correct me if this is incorrect). Which you qualify during your events. There is also a male, female and junior divisions.

It also incorporates the Masters event, which is I believe a double elimination knock out (someone correct me if this is incorrect). Which you qualify during your events. There is also a male, female and junior divisions.
You are incorrect - it is now a 7 game round robin with bonus points for a win. Highest total pins with bonuses wins. I think the mens defending champion has a bit of a string going (as does the ladies defending chemp)

You are incorrect - it is now a 7 game round robin with bonus points for a win. Highest total pins with bonuses wins. I think the mens defending champion has a bit of a string going (as does the ladies defending chemp)
Would not know what format it is this year as it is not stated on the entry form:confused:

Gee Gary

Lucky when you bought a vowel you didnt buy a 'U' instead of that 'E'.
Chrissy might have got very offended. :p

Or is that the NZ Masters title (sorry to our kiwi friends, couldn't resist ;)).
God help us if she wins it six times.

What is country champs? You been hiding under a rock or something Trav? lol
Country Champs is singles, doubles and teams events of three game series. Graded by average, and bowled in a different country centre each year. You can also enter 'All Events' which totals your three events (nine games) and the overall wins in each division.

I didn't realise there was a junior division also....

Liz

Gee Gary
Lucky when you bought a vowel you didnt buy a 'U' instead of that 'E'.
Chrissy might have got very offended. :p
Or is that the NZ Masters title (sorry to our kiwi friends, couldn't resist ;)).
God help us if she wins it six times.
I'm sure i could get away with calling Kev a chump, but Chrissy is way too nice to be called anything but a CHAMP....:D

I didn't realise there was a junior division also....
Liz

I also believe on the entry form there is also a 'bumpers' division!!

And Woza I agree with you that there is no mention of the Masters format on the entry form....so I just assumed.....and made an you know what of myself lol.

Which weekend you all coming down?
I might have to scrape up a team, I need some volutneers,Is it 4 or 5 to the team?

Does this mean that there is no longer a separate championship for the juniors?
Liz
Speakin of hiding under a rock;)
Has been a combined adult/junior country championships for the past couple of years. I think the reasoning behind it is alot of people go to both (not all could afford to attend both so in the end either the junior or the adult misses out) and having them combined should maximise entries whilst making it a family weekend.

Speakin of hiding under a rock;)
Has been a combined adult/junior country championships for the past couple of years. I think the reasoning behind it is alot of people go to both (not all could afford to attend both so in the end either the junior or the adult misses out) and having them combined should maximise entries whilst making it a family weekend.

Yep that's me you see under that rock. :confused:

I may have even know that answer previously but I'll just blame it on the brain cells that the chemo killed.... :p

Liz

Which weekend you all coming down?
I might have to scrape up a team, I need some volutneers,Is it 4 or 5 to the team?

i'll be down on the sunday the 8th. was hoping to get into a team too. its 4 in a team.

If anyone is interested let me know...

joshua alvisse

Back
Top Bottom