A plea to the Australian bowling community re: Australian youth team

TIME IS RUNNING OUT
DONATE NOW AND HELP THE YOUTH TEAM
WIN GOLD IN USA
DOZZA

All payments will be accepted by either bank deposits to:
Jedat Pty Ltd BSB No. 063-541 Account 1052-7901.
Payee reference should start with WYC(Yoursurname)
Or ring Werribee Superbowl on 9741 9777 and donate by credit card.
Please PM me when donation has been processed.
(Anonimity can be requested and will be assured.)

JWhitty
I realise this question isn't actually that important, but I'd be interested to know (and yes, I voted to support this with several organisations I'm a part of);
How much are we hoping to raise?
Dozza
And this will sound silly too but I guess I will stop at $40000.
Dozza

Lets wait and see how much we can raise ... are we close to it at all???

If you've wanted to help out then this is the time to do it.

Dozza

(Anonimity can be requested and will be assured.)

I HUGE THANKS GOES TO THE BOWLERS IN THE ELITE SUPER SINGLES AT MT GRAVATT FOR BUYING RAFFLE TICKETS IN THE GLOBAL900 BALL DONATED BY ABSOLUTE BOWLING SUPPLIES

CONGRATS TO ADAM PRINGLE FOR WINNING

WE RAISED A TOTAL OF $397

ADD THAT TO THE KITTY DOZZA

The latest news just in .....
The Australian Youth Team 2008 will be heading over to
Orlando Florida on Monday 14th July to represent
Australia in the World Youth Championships
I would like to wish the following team the best of luck

David Porto
Ben Coupland
Stephen Cowland
James Bowles
Bianca Flanagan
Cassie Staudinger
Kerri-Ann Klop
Louise Ingoe

I would also like to announce that due to the enormous amount
of support from the Bowling Community of Australia
this Team now has all their expenses paid.

The fundraising efforts of the Team together with money raised here has been appreciated.

I would like to thank all those people that helped support the Team
and most especially to

AMF

who contributed a significant amount to get the team across the line.

DOZZA

I would just like to add that this is a very proud moment for me and I have been touched by the generosity of those that have supported the Youth Team. My goal has been reached and if those that supported this mission continue to support Bowling in Australia then there will be a brighter future for all Bowlers in Australia. Support your National Body and be part of the solution.​

The latest news just in .....
The Australian Youth Team 2008 will be heading over to
Orlando Florida on Monday 14th July to represent
Australia in the World Youth Championships
I would like to wish the following team the best of luck
David Porto
Ben Coupland
Stephen Cowland
James Bowles
Bianca Flanagan
Cassie Staudinger
Kerri-Ann Klop
Louise Ingoe
I would also like to announce that due to the enormous amount
of support from the Bowling Community of Australia
this Team now has all their expenses paid.
The fundraising efforts of the Team together with money raised here has been appreciated.
I would like to thank all those people that helped support the Team
and most especially to
AMF
who contributed a significant amount to get the team across the line.
DOZZA
I would just like to add that this is a very proud moment for me and I have been touched by the generosity of those that have supported the Youth Team. My goal has been reached and if those that supported this mission continue to support Bowling in Australia then there will be a brighter future for all Bowlers in Australia. Support your National Body and be part of the solution.​

That is awesome!

Good luck guys!

Just like to take this opportunity to wish the team good luck in the USA.

Dozza - we may have put out hands in our pockets but without you, we would not have been encouraged to do so.

DOZZA TAKE A BOW AS IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.

Liz

Total funds raised by Team members and Supporters was just over $40000.

It has been amazing how people got behind this Team and supported them.

They now have all expenses paid thanks to not just Totalbowling members but the greater community.

Its wonderful to see the whole Team be supported for this trip.

Dozza

:groupwave::groupwave::groupwave:

well done to all concerned!

Wishing only the best of luck to this group of fine young bowlers as they embark to the USA next week. Enjoy, bowl the best that you can, and be proud of who you are and why you are where you are!!!

GO AUSSIES!!!!!

:groupwave::groupwave::groupwave:

I have to say i am flabagated. To think a few weeks back i was concerned how we were going to get this money together. Doriana we have spoken many times over the last few weeks. You are an angel as i have already told you. The many hours of work you have put into this is amazing. Im sure the kids or should i say fine young adults who are going to represent Australia at the world championships will hold a special place in their hearts for you.

Thanks
Philby

See you all in Orlando

Thanks for your kind words Phil and you'll hate me for saying this but you also are an angel. But all joking aside we both know why we did this ... our kids have had so much assistance in the past and this was just one way to give back.
I too am shocked at the response but very pleased too.

Thanks

Dozza

Let Go for Gold in USA!!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE IN THE USA.!!! LETS SHOW THEM WHAT WE ARE REALLY MADE OF!!!
DOZ AND PHIL LOVE YOUR WORK.!!! We need more people like you guys out there!!
Have fun and kick some serious BUTT!!!!!

TO THE YOUTH BOWLERS
Ben Coupland
Stephen Cowland
David Porto
James Bowles
Bianca Flanagan
Cassie Staudinger
Kerry Ann Klop
Louise Ingoe

HAVE A GREAT TIME IN THE U.S AND BRING BACK SOME MEDALS AND TO THE SUPPORTS THAT WILL BE THERE YELL A LITTLE LOUDER FOR AUSTRALIA

JEANETTE :D

I can assure you all we will be yelling loud and long. I would have to say that although there are only a few supporters going to Orlando there are hundreds who have supported the team through this thread barracking loud back home. I will endeavor to post something every day from Orlando. And some pics if i can work out how to download them lol. Rest assured the guys in the team will be forever greatful for the support they have been shown from the bowling community. Personally it has been a very hectic few weeks but well worth it.
Next stop Orlando.

Well done Dozza,
Sometimes it is just a matter of someone taking the lead and being the organiser and a lot of people will contribute or assist in their own area of expertise. Well done to all the other fundraisers and the team members who worked hard to get the final total. We will be all following the results closely.
June Voukolos

Just curious as it is now a year on. Has anyone else received their letter of appreciation etc from all of our generous sponsorship that many of us assisted with.
Not crying foul but i thought a year on and still not hearing anything about it all is a bit rude.
This is a National plea to all bowlers past and present.

I have Kelly and Totalbowlings support in this thread.

This also has team members support.

If you have ever represented your country, state or center you would appreciate the commitment and sacrifices made in life to achieve these goals. We all understand the shame that has befallen the Australian Youth Team that is heading off to the USA in 4 weeks. This post is not political and nor do I want to enter into any heated debate with regards to the lack of team funding. This team was just in the right place at the wrong time. It is also fully understood that all team members had agreed to self fund their trips. It has come to my attention that some of the Team Members have even sought finance from their banks to help fund their trips. I know that I can count on this bowling community for total support. If you know any one of them you will know they are the greatest bunch of kids that you would ever meet and you would be proud to have them represent your country. I am asking for people to dig deep to donate funds to assist in supporting the Australian Youth Team.

There are 3 Levels of sponsorship:
Gold Level $200 – Receives an authentic bowling pin, Team Photo and Letter of Appreciation.
Silver Level $100 – Receives a Team Photo and a Letter of Appreciation.
Bronze Level $50 – Receives a Letter of Appreciation.

All funds raised will be divided evenly between the 8 Team members.

We will be accepting these donations from now, 11th June, until Friday 11th July. I will be thanking each supporter here unless anonymity is requested.
All Pins, Team Photos and Letters of Appreciation will be distributed when the team returns.

Just a reminder of whom you are supporting
Ben Coupland
Stephen Cowland
David Porto
James Bowles
Bianca Flanagan
Cassie Staudinger
Kerry Ann Klop
Louise Ingoe

I’d like to thank Glen Rowland from QubicaAMF for kindly donating the Bowling Pins valued at $30 each.

Thanks also to Kelly for giving us this opportunity.

LETS START NOW ….. WHO WILL BE THE FIRST ????

Doriana Porto
[email protected]

Just curious as it is now a year on. Has anyone else received their letter of appreciation etc from all of our generous sponsorship that many of us assisted with.
Not crying foul but i thought a year on and still not hearing anything about it all is a bit rude.

Kelvin

I haven't received anything.

Chris

Disappointing..to say the least. Maybe one or more of the team members would like to get on line here and explain........or at least offer an apology for not fulfilling their promise (obligation!)

Back
Top Bottom